**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The grind is real I guess

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I am not sure what the players want.
    Shang chi quest. Too roster specific.
    Summer of pain. Too easy or too hard.
    Side quest too grind.
    Summoner event. Too complicated.
    When are people going to accept that not everything can be tailored made to enjoy for every single player. I accept that some complaints are very valid. But, no event will satisfy every single player. For arena grinder like me, this event is not that bad. I agree that it cannot be autoplayed like last week. But we cannot expect every week to be like that. I adjusted my gameplay a little and I finished the 4 and 5 star ones very easily. I can finish the 6 star ones after arena resets and can autoplay the 3 star one.

People will always give feedback, and yes, Kabam will never get a side quest that people universally like. However, this seems to be one that a vast majority dislike. I mean, if you don't take a forum post that has 74 agrees and 2 disagrees as proof that this event isn't very liked I'm not sure what you do. Not to mention the data will likely speak for itself, people are abstaining from doing this because it's boring. I am, I've seen many posts and comments saying the same. Reddit doesn't like it either.

People don't like grinding, it's why not as many people play arena as they do event quest for example. Your defence of this event is "It's not that bad", you think that's a pro of it. I think that's a monumental con. You're thinking about a 2 month event in a mobile video game and saying, oh I guess it's not that bad. Why can't we have events that we think, wow I can't wait to log on and do this! Instead of sighing and thinking, better log on and grind for hours to get these 150 6* shards so I don't miss out on next weeks hours of grinding. Which do you think has a better influence on how people view the game?

I really don't get the point of "people complain about everything, I don't know what they want/why do kabam try/ why even do anything". Do you realise that different people are complaining about summer of pain being too easy/too hard, summoner event to complicated, shang chi quest too specific? Please tell me you get that, it's a very simple point.

When the majority of people complain about the same thing, that's when you know there is definitely something wrong. At some point you've got to ask yourself is this event fun, and if it isn't, then you've got to think about the point of a video game.

I understand that people don't like grinding. The disagrees are proof of that. But I am not sure how kabam can dish out event after event of easy rewards. The in out challenge was one of the easiest I have seen. 3 fights for a 5 star crystal. But, it seems to be a overwhelming amount of negative comment for something that can actually be completed relatively easily. If every event was like this, I will definitely agree. But some events are grindy while some are fun. For me, sop was very good for the rewards, in out challenge was just a giveaway and shang chi challenge was easy with the right champs, but doable with a relatively good roster. Summoner event after the grace days is not that bad for free rewards. But, I could actually see the same people complain about every one or these events which makes no sense. These are vastly different events with different requirements from players. How can you not like any of the events and still play the game?. The reason I decided to post my opinion that it is not all doom and gloom. It's a side quest extending over 2 months. Last week was too easy, It was just use a set of champs to defeat certain times. This week is a little more grindy. Next week could again be easy. So, it is better to wait before washing our hands of this event altogether like some have done.
    But you’re not getting my point. People will complain about everything. Yes, but it’s some,not all. So the argument of people complain about everything so we shouldn’t listen to the complaints, is a terrible argument. Because that begs the question when do you ever listen to complaints and change something?

If you don’t listen to an overall point of complaining because some people are complaining, then that means you don’t get to ever listen to feedback unless it’s unanimous.

Nobody is saying we should have an event that is great for everyone, and I agree that people would complain about almost every single event. That’s simply the nature of the game’s player base.

But equally, this objective based event is not fun and people are giving their feedback. Not to mention this will mean 3 months in a row of these grinding, objective events. A quarter of a year. You saying “we should wait to see what the rest are like” is quite incredibly missing the point.
    Never said kabam should stop listening to complains. That is what the forums is for after all. But, I am seeing the same people complain about everything which is a little crazy. We have had both grindy and good events mixed together. No idea what point I am missing though. If I don't find something fun, I simply don't play it. That is why I uninstalled fure revolution after 1 hr. I just don't see the point of complaining about every event and still continue to play the game. These objectives don't even need you to go out of the way and do it like last month. You can simply do it while doing regular arena grinding or questing.
    That's the problem. People have become accustomed to rushing EQ and then doing minimal for the SQ. Aside from AW and AQ, they don't want to Grind or do anything much else.
    That's not to say people aren't valid when they say it's too tedious, or that they can't play however much they want. That's without saying. The point I was making last night was that playing the game for Rewards is not a novel concept. It's one thing to say this is a bit much. It's another to complain the Rewards don't come without effort.
    Look at Summer. 10 Fights on Auto and a click to Claim. "Slap in the face!"

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Side quest too grind.
    When are people going to accept that not everything can be tailored made to enjoy for every single player. I accept that some complaints are very valid. But, no event will satisfy every single player. For arena grinder like me, this event is not that bad. I agree that it cannot be autoplayed like last week. But we cannot expect every week to be like that. I adjusted my gameplay a little and I finished the 4 and 5 star ones very easily. I can finish the 6 star ones after arena resets and can autoplay the 3 star one.

People will always give feedback, and yes, Kabam will never get a side quest that people universally like. However, this seems to be one that a vast majority dislike. I mean, if you don't take a forum post that has 74 agrees and 2 disagrees as proof that this event isn't very liked I'm not sure what you do. Not to mention the data will likely speak for itself, people are abstaining from doing this because it's boring. I am, I've seen many posts and comments saying the same. Reddit doesn't like it either.

People don't like grinding, it's why not as many people play arena as they do event quest for example. Your defence of this event is "It's not that bad", you think that's a pro of it. I think that's a monumental con. You're thinking about a 2 month event in a mobile video game and saying, oh I guess it's not that bad. Why can't we have events that we think, wow I can't wait to log on and do this! Instead of sighing and thinking, better log on and grind for hours to get these 150 6* shards so I don't miss out on next weeks hours of grinding. Which do you think has a better influence on how people view the game?

I really don't get the point of "people complain about everything, I don't know what they want/why do kabam try/ why even do anything". Do you realise that different people are complaining about summer of pain being too easy/too hard, summoner event to complicated, shang chi quest too specific? Please tell me you get that, it's a very simple point.

When the majority of people complain about the same thing, that's when you know there is definitely something wrong. At some point you've got to ask yourself is this event fun, and if it isn't, then you've got to think about the point of a video game.

I understand that people don't like grinding. The disagrees are proof of that. But I am not sure how kabam can dish out event after event of easy rewards. The in out challenge was one of the easiest I have seen. 3 fights for a 5 star crystal. But, it seems to be a overwhelming amount of negative comment for something that can actually be completed relatively easily. If every event was like this, I will definitely agree. But some events are grindy while some are fun. For me, sop was very good for the rewards, in out challenge was just a giveaway and shang chi challenge was easy with the right champs, but doable with a relatively good roster. Summoner event after the grace days is not that bad for free rewards. But, I could actually see the same people complain about every one or these events which makes no sense. These are vastly different events with different requirements from players. How can you not like any of the events and still play the game?. The reason I decided to post my opinion that it is not all doom and gloom. It's a side quest extending over 2 months. Last week was too easy, It was just use a set of champs to defeat certain times. This week is a little more grindy. Next week could again be easy. So, it is better to wait before washing our hands of this event altogether like some have done.
    But you’re not getting my point. People will complain about everything. Yes, but it’s some,not all. So the argument of people complain about everything so we shouldn’t listen to the complaints, is a terrible argument. Because that begs the question when do you ever listen to complaints and change something?

If you don’t listen to an overall point of complaining because some people are complaining, then that means you don’t get to ever listen to feedback unless it’s unanimous.

Nobody is saying we should have an event that is great for everyone, and I agree that people would complain about almost every single event. That’s simply the nature of the game’s player base.

But equally, this objective based event is not fun and people are giving their feedback. Not to mention this will mean 3 months in a row of these grinding, objective events. A quarter of a year. You saying “we should wait to see what the rest are like” is quite incredibly missing the point.
    Never said kabam should stop listening to complains. That is what the forums is for after all. But, I am seeing the same people complain about everything which is a little crazy. We have had both grindy and good events mixed together. No idea what point I am missing though. If I don't find something fun, I simply don't play it. That is why I uninstalled fure revolution after 1 hr. I just don't see the point of complaining about every event and still continue to play the game. These objectives don't even need you to go out of the way and do it like last month. You can simply do it while doing regular arena grinding or questing.
    No, you didn't say those words, but it seems to be the overall implication from your words and the fact that you're complaining about people complaining seems to imply that people shouldn't have this opinion that they hold.

I agree with you on people that complain about everything. Those opinions hold no weight for me. If someone consistently throws hate at anything Kabam does, I rarely listen to their opinion due to their obvious bias. But equally, if someone goes out of their way to routinely defend Kabam then I won't put much stock into their opinion either. Bias goes both ways.

The point here, is that you rarely get such a majority of an opinion. So it points to an overall issue with the event. It is not fun. The only two or three people I've seen defend it use rhetoric like "some are a bit grindy", "it's not that bad", "i just grinded for an hour, it's not all bad". Why is that a pro in terms of enjoying a game? Why is it such a personal attack to people who don't think it's that bad, that they seem to think that advocating for a boring event is the right call? People who defend it don't even find it fun! Do you not think about what your opinion is and realise that you're actually arguing to have less fun than if Kabam changed this event into something you enjoyed more?
    You mean people have to put effort into something to get Rewards? Yes. Honestly, I'm just going to say it. People are clearly spoiled if they think it's an injustice to put time and effort into it. If they don't get the Rewards organically, they don't like it.
    I'm halfway done, and I haven't gone out of my way in terms of playing the game. Finish with a Special. Take them down almost all the way and finish off.
    What I said was if some find it a bit extra, that's fair. It is a significant number of Fights. What I don't agree with is the argument that these Objectives in general are somehow too much effort. It's Rewards for playing the game in a specific way.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Side quest too grind.

No, you didn't say those words, but it seems to be the overall implication from your words and the fact that you're complaining about people complaining seems to imply that people shouldn't have this opinion that they hold.

I agree with you on people that complain about everything. Those opinions hold no weight for me. If someone consistently throws hate at anything Kabam does, I rarely listen to their opinion due to their obvious bias. But equally, if someone goes out of their way to routinely defend Kabam then I won't put much stock into their opinion either. Bias goes both ways.

The point here, is that you rarely get such a majority of an opinion. So it points to an overall issue with the event. It is not fun. The only two or three people I've seen defend it use rhetoric like "some are a bit grindy", "it's not that bad", "i just grinded for an hour, it's not all bad". Why is that a pro in terms of enjoying a game? Why is it such a personal attack to people who don't think it's that bad, that they seem to think that advocating for a boring event is the right call? People who defend it don't even find it fun! Do you not think about what your opinion is and realise that you're actually arguing to have less fun than if Kabam changed this event into something you enjoyed more?
    You mean people have to put effort into something to get Rewards? Yes. Honestly, I'm just going to say it. People are clearly spoiled if they think it's an injustice to put time and effort into it. If they don't get the Rewards organically, they don't like it.
    I'd say I'm surprised about you twisting and missing a point, but it's something of a skill you've developed.

Do you think the opposite of grinding and boring = no effort and handed to you ?
    I never said grinding and boring. I said a bit grindy. There's a difference. It's less boring when you're working on an added level of thought process than it is the same Quest over and over 30 days in a row.
    As someone who genuinely prefers objectives over side quests it is safe to say that this particular objective is fairly over the top considering it is only 25% of all objectives and really doesn’t offer much on its own. I don’t see anything to call it other than a hassle.
    I agreed with that perspective. It's not over-the-top for me personally because I'm playing anyway. It's definitely extra for others. I don't object to that. I'm simply talking about the Objective model in general. I'm also not advocating for it to replace SQ altogether. I just enjoy it as well.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Side quest too grind.

I'd say I'm surprised about you twisting and missing a point, but it's something of a skill you've developed.

Do you think the opposite of grinding and boring = no effort and handed to you ?
    I never said grinding and boring. I said a bit grindy. There's a difference. It's less boring when you're working on an added level of thought process than it is the same Quest over and over 30 days in a row.
    Yes, but we are saying it's grindy and boring. You seem to think that means people want it easy and handed to them.

So tell me, when people complain about this event and ask for something more fun and less grindy (not no effort, not gift wrapped and not handed to them), why do you think they're asking to have to put no time or effort into it?
    Because this takes more effort than button-mashing.
    Why do you think that boring is the opposite of less effort?
    Bottom line for me is I enjoy using my brain as well as my thumbs. SQ is always the same. Find the right counters, do it over and over. This Event-type keeps me mentally on my toes. It's nice to exercise my thought process as well as play now and then.
    Imo, actually brain storming and finding counters to nodes and champions in a proper side quest is more brain engaging than finding a random 6 star and finishing with a special over and over and over again.
    That lasts how long. A few hours? People come up with the counters, talk about it, and the rest of the month is the same thing over and over.
    When you have to complete a specific action, it keeps you on your toes. You have to play certain ways that you're not used to playing. The whole thing is a mental exercise.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Then why not make the action something accessible but you cannot easily autoplay like a heavy attack?
  • 100 sp final hits over 6* in 55 days.
    That’s 2 per day.
    I don’t know when I can find time to do so 🙄🙄🙄

How do you plan to do the next 2 weeks of objectives in the remaining 3 hours 6 mins?
    That was sarcastic.
    I’m at 20% after 1 day playing normal stuff.
    6*/5* objectives will be done in less than a week without looking at it.
    Free stuff, that’s it.

• Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    I'd just like to remind people who said "solo objectives is better than having side quest". So guys, what ya think?
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    Where can I find this objective?
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    I already at the last part . Just gifted the 6 arena a bit and did some uncollected in the monthly quest and I did it quickly . Now all I have left is the last 30 to get my 6 shards
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    This is what I don’t get (obviously Kabam knows what they’re doing), why does it have to be this much tedious and grinding. It felts like an insult sometimes, littles needing something to occupy them with little treats on the way. For newer players maybe they’ll enjoy it, veterans don’t think so maybe that’s just me.
    I suggest you come up with a better design for side quests. I don’t mind if locked to progression level. Ex. For TBs fewer grind but increase the difficulty or something. Why in the world would I defeat a same opponent 20x. I did last month’s and vowed to remind myself to never do that stupid thing again.
    Then again, I don’t care that much right at the border with this game hoping they do thing right to get me back in. Will just stick around for story content and variants, and maybe some SOP kinda contents if it’s not bugged and stupidly heavy unit dependent.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Objectives are not a game anymore you play for fun, it's a mind numbing grind now.
    Thank you Kabam for giving me a chance to put down my mobile and explore other things this month. You listened to the community and making MCOC less addictive with each passing day, you guys are thinking about society at large and not just about the your game. Great job, you have my respect

Considering the fact I have exams soo this month I'm quite happy about this month stuff. No side quest to do, one thing less to worry about. Now I can go out and touch grass
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Please bring back side quest. Even someone that has nothing doing won't want to waste time on these solo objectives. I really can't wait for aw season to end so I can I have my break till November maybe by then either the game has gotten so bad or at least improved just a bit. Cause it seems kabaam don't take feedback from players seriously.
  • DNA3000 said:

To be fair, it almost always looks like the majority of people are complaining, because people are always more motivated to complain than to say things are fine.
    Right, but I don't think we can say that we have had similar amounts of complaints about other events. I don't think we had a 92:3 agree to disagree ratio in a day for many other complaints on side quests.
    Oh, we've had worse. Maybe not in flags, because I don't count flags, but in terms of overall discussion we've had much, much worse.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

To be fair, it almost always looks like the majority of people are complaining, because people are always more motivated to complain than to say things are fine.
    Right, but I don't think we can say that we have had similar amounts of complaints about other events. I don't think we had a 92:3 agree to disagree ratio in a day for many other complaints on side quests.
    Oh, we've had worse. Maybe not in flags, because I don't count flags, but in terms of overall discussion we've had much, much worse.
    Perhaps there have been worse, but I think my overall point is being missed a little. You know something is wrong with an event if there is this much, almost unanimous complaint. Kabam have come to the same conclusion, as they've toned down subsequent objectives.

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Honestly, what's the issue? Just play the game and stop moaning about having to play the game or find a new game to play.
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Perhaps there have been worse, but I think my overall point is being missed a little. You know something is wrong with an event if there is this much, almost unanimous complaint. Kabam have come to the same conclusion, as they've toned down subsequent objectives.

If your point is that the event is unpopular, there's no disagreement there. Also if your point is that the event is poorly implemented in the details, I've already acknowledged that to be true as well. But if your point is that it is notably unpopular, it really isn't. In terms of complaints, this is a moderately unpopular piece of content that players don't like, for probably justified reasons, mostly due to the details of the content, not necessarily the idea of the content.

When randomizer side quests first came out, now that content had a ton of complaints about. And I have a vague recollection of an event where because things were happening every four hours or so you basically had to be up all night to fully participate. People set the place on fire that time. Kabam has made some extremely dubious design decisions in the name of either challenge or engagement, and this is just another one of those, and not the worst one either. They tend to change things when one of them goes particularly awry, but they also keep trying new things which creates opportunities to miss the mark in entirely new ways. I'm not saying this isn't a fail, just that it isn't an especially strange one, and these kinds of fails are not as easy to avoid as some people think they are.