**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mr. Negative - Heavy Chain Issue [Merged Thread]

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    pshycho man heavy spam was changed for aboslutely no reason other than that he could . lot's of champs who's heavies could potentially heavy spam have gotten spaces added to theor heavy to prevent heavy spammin. champs like Vision Arkus and Mysterio have one hit heavies that should have the potential of heavy spam but just cannot because they get pushed back a lot for no reason.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

In the past Kabam has changed characters like old man logan so that heavy spamming is not possible. With that said, the fact that they did it without telling anyone is just more of the same from them. Lack of transparency, cheap tricks.

You're assuming they did it on purpose. Do you have anything from Kabam, like the change log or a post confirming this a planned change? No, I didn't think you did. You're just out here spreading hate on purpose without any facts to go off of because you hate Kabam but then continue to play the game for some unknown reason.

They announced the OML. They did change to She Hulk and announced that.

Hercules to this day remains the only champ where an interaction was changed without it being in a change log or post. You're absolutely ridiculous.
    Seems you forgot about them changing the time out trick with Corvus and not saying anything until the community pointed it out.. or the time they changed AA.. or the time they changed drax.. or the time.. etc etc.. ie.. they do this all the time.. so it's not out of the question to expect a change being made without any notification from them..
    What change to Drax? You mean the unintended bypass that they flat-out said was not an intended outcome? That was made up-front all along.
    People seem to be confusing changes to intended workings with fixes here.
    He is referring to them not announcing there was an issue with the characters until they changed them. Drax and AA were playable for a long time before Kabam said they weren't supposed to have said features. I don't recall the Drax double hit to bypass Mordo ever being advertised as a known issue until it was changed.
    Archangel was definitely announced beforehand. Please excuse the quality, it’s a screenshot from BGs vid on 18.1

• FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

Fair. I also formally apologize to @Demonzfyre for my inappropriate comments. We usually don't agree on things and that's fine, but I am in the wrong on this one, so I am sorry.

An apology? is this real or am I tripping dawg :o

Typhoon said:

In the past Kabam has changed characters like old man logan so that heavy spamming is not possible. With that said, the fact that they did it without telling anyone is just more of the same from them. Lack of transparency, cheap tricks.

You're assuming they did it on purpose. Do you have anything from Kabam, like the change log or a post confirming this a planned change? No, I didn't think you did. You're just out here spreading hate on purpose without any facts to go off of because you hate Kabam but then continue to play the game for some unknown reason.

Hercules to this day remains the only champ where an interaction was changed without it being in a change log or post. You're absolutely ridiculous.
    Seems you forgot about them changing the time out trick with Corvus and not saying anything until the community pointed it out.. or the time they changed AA.. or the time they changed drax.. or the time.. etc etc.. ie.. they do this all the time.. so it's not out of the question to expect a change being made without any notification from them..
    The time out trick was a fix they were building and it accidentally rolled out prematurely, so it wasn’t a silent change.

AA change was firstly, a bug, but also was announced in patch notes. I don’t remember whether Drax was announced or not to be honest. I’ll have a search.
    AA was announced to be working though. and i think drax was only later confirmed but not sure

It’s very much a pain, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed as a definite decision to stop him chaining in the corner. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out and Kabam fixes the timing issues.

And besides, I don’t think anyone ranked up Negative specifically to chain in the corner. It takes away almost nothing from his uses.

I would assume it's a result of all the timing issues currently in game. Granted we can't know that for sure but this is certainly not a time I would assume timings not working being intentional
    is it a timing issue or a spacing issue just pushing him far away?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

What change to Drax? You mean the unintended bypass that they flat-out said was not an intended outcome? That was made up-front all along.
    He is referring to them not announcing there was an issue with the characters until they changed them. Drax and AA were playable for a long time before Kabam said they weren't supposed to have said features. I don't recall the Drax double hit to bypass Mordo ever being advertised as a known issue until it was changed.
    Archangel was definitely announced beforehand. Please excuse the quality, it’s a screenshot from BGs vid on 18.1

Yes the change was announced, but it was an unexpected change at the time. Maybe my memory is fuzzy like the image :dizzy:

Typhoon said:

The time out trick was a fix they were building and it accidentally rolled out prematurely, so it wasn’t a silent change.

AA change was firstly, a bug, but also was announced in patch notes. I don’t remember whether Drax was announced or not to be honest. I’ll have a search.
    AA was announced to be working though. and i think drax was only later confirmed but not sure
    Yeah I believe it was confirmed around 4 months earlier, and when the change happened Miike apologised for the mistake and said it had been a bug.

I mean, to be fair, it didn’t make any sense for Archangel to be able to stun a stun immune opponent, they’re literally immune to stun.

With hindsight, it definitely seems more likely that the Mod just made a mistake, rather than Kabam changing their mind about something as obvious as a stun immune champ getting stunned.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    But he's working as intended what's the problem

Typhoon said:

Yeah I believe it was confirmed around 4 months earlier, and when the change happened Miike apologised for the mistake and said it had been a bug.

I mean, to be fair, it didn’t make any sense for Archangel to be able to stun a stun immune opponent, they’re literally immune to stun.

With hindsight, it definitely seems more likely that the Mod just made a mistake, rather than Kabam changing their mind about something as obvious as a stun immune champ getting stunned.
    as ebony maw would say, "you can stun stun immune champs because kabam says so"

just look at gwenmaster applying armour breaks and coldsnaps to Doom and Colossus and thing and torch. Or blade reducing ability accuracy of champs immune to aar. in the ned it's what kabam says is true is true. they just have to be consistent about it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

No. They weren't. They were brought up here. Miike asserted a number of times that Drax was a framerate issue and was not meant to perform that way. AA was mistaken information from an employee that's no longer here to defend themselves.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

just look at gwenmaster applying armour breaks and coldsnaps to Doom and Colossus and thing and torch. Or blade reducing ability accuracy of champs immune to aar. in the ned it's what kabam says is true is true. they just have to be consistent about it
    The Gwenmaster example is a really bad one, since it actually states that in the Cosmic Phase she's "cheating". So it makes sense that armour break immune champs get armour broken.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Typhoon said:

AA was said to be "working" from a forum MOD which turned out to be wrong. That MOD apologized for the incorrect info. People are allowed to be wrong, even MODS. You can't stun a stun immune champion, even with AAR, so not sure why anyone thought it should have been a possibility. You can't make bleed immune champion bleed.

Typhoon said:

I mean Blade is an easy one, it’s in his abilities.

The armour break is an easy one too, in her abilities it says she ignores immunities.

The coldsnap one is weird agreed, likely a bug that follows on from the armour break ignoring immunities, so the coldsnap does too. I don’t think Kabam have ever commented on it, so we can’t just chalk that up to “Kabam said so”.

This game follows logic, not real world logic where iceman should be coldsnap immune. But a game logic. If X champ hits Y champ, apply bleed. If Y is immune to bleed, then bleed doesn’t apply. Same goes with archangels stun. It didn’t make sense then, it doesn’t make sense now.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Typhoon said:

Kabam even ended up making a forum post in regards to the Corvus issue as it caused a ton of response... keep in mind this was after the fact..
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198788/alliance-quest-timeout-penalty-accidental-change
    Because we weren't ever supposed to have that ability. The timer ends, we are supposed to be KO'd. They reversed the decision and we continue to be able to use it.

AA was in the change log, which is posted before every update, and drax was a framerate thing. Nothing in Drax's abilities ever stated he can bypass astral evade.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

ItsDamien said:

Typhoon said:

The Gwenmaster example is a really bad one, since it actually states that in the Cosmic Phase she's "cheating". So it makes sense that armour break immune champs get armour broken.
    We’re also talking about a champ who breaks all of the rules in the storyline if you read them, and then got her hands on the iso sphere to enhance herself. Rules were intentionally bent in that fight.
    Oh yeah, but I mean outside of story implications (because story rarely affects the mechanics in game) it literally says it in the cosmic phase description.

ItsDamien said:

Ebony_Naw said:

ItsDamien said:

Typhoon said:

We’re also talking about a champ who breaks all of the rules in the storyline if you read them, and then got her hands on the iso sphere to enhance herself. Rules were intentionally bent in that fight.
    Oh yeah, but I mean outside of story implications (because story rarely affects the mechanics in game) it literally says it in the cosmic phase description.

The only thing that does seem off is that coldsnap can affect coldsnap immune champs. That seems bugged to me, likely a follow on from the armour break ignoring immunity. That, or a description error

Typhoon said:

AA was said to be "working" from a forum MOD which turned out to be wrong. That MOD apologized for the incorrect info. People are allowed to be wrong, even MODS. You can't stun a stun immune champion, even with AAR, so not sure why anyone thought it should have been a possibility. You can't make bleed immune champion bleed.
    the mod clearly thought it was a possibility when they came and confirmed it for thousands of players. and you can actually stun sun immune champs depending on how kabam wants it. just look at nick against labyrinth black widow

Typhoon said:

I mean Blade is an easy one, it’s in his abilities.

The armour break is an easy one too, in her abilities it says she ignores immunities.

The coldsnap one is weird agreed, likely a bug that follows on from the armour break ignoring immunities, so the coldsnap does too. I don’t think Kabam have ever commented on it, so we can’t just chalk that up to “Kabam said so”.

This game follows logic, not real world logic where iceman should be coldsnap immune. But a game logic. If X champ hits Y champ, apply bleed. If Y is immune to bleed, then bleed doesn’t apply. Same goes with archangels stun. It didn’t make sense then, it doesn’t make sense now.

exactly what i'm saying. the game goes where kabam decides to go. they could just as well have added the ability to stun stun immunes in archangels kit and it wouldn't be a problem. they could just add, "archangel ignores stun immunity for neurotoxin stuns" the same way they added it to blades kit and gwenmasters kit. i'm guessing they didnt do it for balance reasons

nick furies kit says "cannot be evaded at 5 charges"
    . but labyrinth does not care about that. why? because kabam said so.

true strike champsions cannot be auto blocked. but then kabam says peni can bypass it. till her, true strikes were as reliable as immunities but no longer
    ItsDamien said:

Typhoon said:

"cheat " is a flair word. yondus kit says he can trade armours for units. but that has never happened has it? ant man is upposed to alter his size for glancing to occur. but he has never done that has he?(apologies if he does that on iphone)
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    I'm seriously getting tired of these updates. I have mine at rank 2 . Like Ghost's recoil phasing this needs fixing.

Typhoon said:

the mod clearly thought it was a possibility when they came and confirmed it for thousands of players. and you can actually stun sun immune champs depending on how kabam wants it. just look at nick against labyrinth black widow
    Labyrinth has a fair few inconsistencies. My point is that you’re assuming all of these things are intended, and I’m not sure Kabam has commented on a lot that aren’t in abilities.

The Mod in question was wrong unfortunately. The game has a logic to it, and Archangel broke that logic. Unless specified in abilities, and confirmed by kabam, assume something weird like that is likely a bug before assuming it’s anything else.

ItsDamien said:

Typhoon said:

"cheat " is a flair word. yondus kit says he can trade armours for units. but that has never happened has it? ant man is upposed to alter his size for glancing to occur. but he has never done that has he?(apologies if he does that on iphone)
    That’s a false equivalency

One is a slight joke in abilities “he might be able to trade for units later”, and another is a description for the basis of an ability. Similar to how Namor gets outrage when bleeds fail. His abilities state “he does not hold robots responsible for their lack of blood”. So would you expect Namor’s character to get angry when he doesn’t cause a bleed to a non-robot? No.

The gwenpool ability description is literally saying she cheats, so armour break ignores immunity. The situations you’re describing have nothing to do with one another I’m afraid.

Typhoon said:

Labyrinth has a fair few inconsistencies. My point is that you’re assuming all of these things are intended, and I’m not sure Kabam has commented on a lot that aren’t in abilities.

The Mod in question was wrong unfortunately. The game has a logic to it, and Archangel broke that logic. Unless specified in abilities, and confirmed by kabam, assume something weird like that is likely a bug before assuming it’s anything else.
    they have commented on nick fury getting evaded as intended. might be too for him getting stunned
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

It’s very much a pain, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed as a definite decision to stop him chaining in the corner. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out and Kabam fixes the timing issues.

And besides, I don’t think anyone ranked up Negative specifically to chain in the corner. It takes away almost nothing from his uses.

I would assume it's a result of all the timing issues currently in game. Granted we can't know that for sure but this is certainly not a time I would assume timings not working being intentional
    is it a timing issue or a spacing issue just pushing him far away?
    I haven't tried it personally as that's not a playstyle I ever use with Negative. The other regular Negative player that brought it to my attention on Discord told me it was a timing issue when I asked if it was spacing or timing. I can't say for certain myself though

Typhoon said:

again, i'm not saying what archangel did back then was consistent or logical as later clarified by kabam. but if they wanted they could have kept it like that and updated his sbilities

ItsDamien said:

Typhoon said:

That’s a false equivalency

One is a slight joke in abilities “he might be able to trade for units later”, and another is a description for the basis of an ability. Similar to how Namor gets outrage when bleeds fail. His abilities state “he does not hold robots responsible for their lack of blood”. So would you expect Namor’s character to get angry when he doesn’t cause a bleed to a non-robot? No.

The gwenpool ability description is literally saying she cheats, so armour break ignores immunity. The situations you’re describing have nothing to do with one another I’m afraid.
    both literally say "cheat" and "trade for units". both are jokes. they could have not included either and it would have remained the same. just like blade. it does not specifiy how he ignores aarr immunity but he does and we have to take it like that