**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Cav EQ - Power Technician Bug?

I’ve noticed after running several lanes in Cav EQ that Hulkbuster isn’t power draining / gaining furies as he should. I’ve noticed this on multiple devices as well. Unsure if I’m missing something here.

https://youtu.be/TVAbTGGBPbs

Comments

• GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    The Pacify Mastery can interfere with nodes.

I'm not sure if it should be this unreliable, though.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    What's more annoying there is conflictor and supercharge on top of the current parry bug going on 🤦‍♂️
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

AAR reduces the ability accuracy of nodes.

Not a bug

AAR also reduces the ability to parry as well??? Lol
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    edited September 2021
    There is no pacify mastery active here. If this is due to an AAR issue, it’s not affecting their ability to gain power from the node. Also doesn’t seem to affect other champions such as Warlock that also reduces the defenders ability accuracy reduction.

Would be great to have any communication regarding which nodes are affected by AAR. Some nodes state right in the description, others do not. Some that state they aren’t affected by it, but actually are.

The inconsistencies are quite vast.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 529 ★★★
    buffajr said:

There is no pacify mastery active here. If this is due to an AAR issue, it’s not affecting their ability to gain power from the node. Also doesn’t seem to affect other champions such as Warlock that also reduces the defenders ability accuracy reduction.

Would be great to have any communication regarding which nodes are affected by AAR. Some nodes state right in the description, others do not. Some that state they aren’t affected by it, but actually are.

So you don't have Pacify mastery turned on?
    @JollyHawk that is correct.
    From reading Hulkbuster's abilities, it seems that each armour up on him reduces enemy Offensive Ability Accuracy by 20%.

I'm not sure if or why this might break the node, but just in case - can you try the quest with a different, more basic Tech champ like Iron Man who doesn't affect Ability Accuracy?
    But Warlocks AAR doesn’t seem to affect the node. I ran the rest of the quest with Guardian and Warlock and never incurred the issue again. Again, the inconsistencies of who’s AAR affects which nodes seem to be the concern.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    buffajr said:

But Warlocks AAR doesn’t seem to affect the node. I ran the rest of the quest with Guardian and Warlock and never incurred the issue again. Again, the inconsistencies of who’s AAR affects which nodes seem to be the concern.

There is offensive, defensive and total AAR.

For each armor up, HB applies -20% OAAR. This means parry and other offensive abilities are affected. You won't have the issues again because you're only experiencing it with HB.

buffajr said:

There is offensive, defensive and total AAR.

For each armor up, HB applies -20% OAAR. This means parry and other offensive abilities are affected. You won't have the issues again because you're only experiencing it with HB.
    Warlock has a stronger AAR offensive ability accuracy reduction and didn’t experience it throughout the entire quest. Once again, inconsistency and no clarification is causing the confusion.
    Strange.

Warlock's OAAR only happens if the opponent is Infected, but I'll assume that's the case here anyway.

I don't know what else it could be.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    buffajr said:

Here is the issue, in my opinion:

I’m not certain the game team knows each instance where and how AAR operates. Not intended as a slight, but the game is a complicated set of interacting bits of code written over time and again. Programmers come and go. And many of them “know” the game from a programmer’ POV, but not from a player’s.

Personally, I have no issue with AAR being a double edged sword. It makes the game interesting in a lot of ways.

My issue (a long-running one) is the absence of reliable documentation for many areas of the game. I’ve concluded that’s not because the team doesn’t want to provide it, but rather that they aren’t really able given all the ins and outs of the code and game interactions and changing faces on the team.

Just my views.

Dr. Zola