**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Underrated Champions

2»

Comments

• Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Not specific order on who's better or worse.

Symbiote Spider-Man: Great Damage with a good crit rate and SP2 finishes almost all fights.

RR: Some don't like him because of his low health. but he almost always crits and his SP2 can do a lot of damage.

Superior Iron Man: My First R5 character. he isn't the greatest character but still not the worst. his Arc Overload has been a lot useful for me at times. i can start a fight with low health and go to the next almost full.

OG Captain America: I have him as a R5, and he has good stuns and he can be a very durable character thanks to his Block.

Thor (Jane Foster): One of my favourites. she has a decent damage output and also a very good stunlock.

Spider Gwen: Her damage output is very good. i don't know why the hate towards her.

NC: Very underrated on offense. can be a good replacement for DD plus his decent damage.

Hood: All i can say he's an awesome character imo. i would rank him if i could.

Cyclops (90s): he's got some decent damage, and unlike the other Cyclops, his Armor Breaks last long enough.

Netflix DD: Good stuns and decent damage. Not the best but still not very bad.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    ^^^ Agreed on NC and Blue Cyclops

If you swap NC to swashbuckling mode it boosts his attack and eliminates the annoying evade/parry issue. Add a couple points to Deep Wounds and he can take champs down with half the hits as other champs.

I really like Blue Cyclops' SP1. When he's awakened, his SP1 becomes unblockable with a combo of 25+. Wish I could dupe my 5*.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    I like Sym Spidey. His gets armor breaks with every heavy hit and they last a really long time. You can stack them and his L2 is fantastic. Good on defense too, especially on the right node. Night Crawler as an attacker is underrated imo. He does a lot of damage and can evade specials that are difficult for most champs except DD. Also people seem to hate Luke Cage, but he is useful for some fights.

What node is Sym. Spidey good for?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Is it cool if I credit you and make a video on this?

Is this towards me? If so, sure!
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    @Spurgeo14 Logan has been my favourite champ for quite some time, even after using those considered “god tier” like Gwenpool and Hyperion. I took him to r5 over x-23 and wolverine. I prefer him for quite a few reasons. Like you mentioned, you can choose not to use bleed against certain champs which is nice. With pacifism his sp2 inflicts loads of bleed stacks and with Deep Wounds they die fast. Berserk bleed damage and raw damage is incredibly high too. I use him on bleed nodes since he shrugs it and takes almost no damage from willpower and his Regen. Regens about 4.5k a minute at 5/50, can undo chip damage from parry/blocking pretty easily. Also his sp1 pierces 100% armour which is great for bleed immunes, heavily armoured champs and in general especially with berserk. Wolverine is a better healer yes, but his lack of damage and weaker bleeds makes him less fun to use imo. Would much rather have the damage that Logan dishes out. And there’s nothing more satisfying than watching the bleeds stack up on that sp2 with a lot of pacifism. Love it when he gets near 10 stacks or more.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Classic Cap. Used him to do most of act 4 back in the day. Mine is level 99 5/50 now and takes 0 block damage 100% of the time when below 50% health. Withstood all of Red Hulks l2s in LoL with enrage on. His second enrage kicked in and still took 0 damage, but died to heavy from unstoppable. If he could get a decent damage output buff or bleed or something better than stun and fatigue, I'd use him again
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    @Spurgeo14 There are plenty underrated champs.

Venompool: SP1 nullify and regenerate, spam SP1

Winter Soldier: he was my first skill 550 and he has been awesome since new updates

BP OG: Stack bleeds, 4-5 of them and double them with SP3 and watch opponents bleed to death

Moon Knight: He can stun lock, depends on moon cycle though. But his evades can get annoying

Gambit: I usually stack 6-7 passive charges and land heavy. Have dealt 14-15k SP2 damage on my 3-30. He hits hard with special

Phoenix: She is a beast! stack furies and hit Sp3- damage can be above 11-12k easily at 440

Captain OG: Although a defensive champ, I like his specials, especially if weakness is active on the opponent. You can stun lock for a long time (increased stun with weakness) and his SP2 hits hard (excess of 7-8k at 440, decent for defensive champ)

Gamora: If awakened, she is too good. I have her at 440 and use her just for fun.

Awakened Jane: Hits hard, parry and hit. Spam parry.

Also, I agree with OML. He is good and underrated for sure.
  • TheGumbaTheGumba Posts: 27
    OG BP is incredible against enemies that bleed. His L2 & L3 do serious dmg with a few bleeds stacked. He doesn't have any buffs so doesn't trigger MD.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    It's Venom AND Old man Logan for me.
  • DrchucklesDrchuckles Posts: 28
    Great thread, everybody!

I don't see Punisher 2099 getting a ton of love. I've been using mine all through 5.2 and 5.3, and he's been super useful in a lot of different situations.

Everything runs off the battery charges, so there are no buffs. So you don't have to worry about MD or triggering buffet nodes.

The heal block is really effective.

In overdrive mode, you get a great attack boost AND 90% power control. If you can bait a special attack, you might have to deal with only one more special the rest of the fight. Spam the s1 to keep it going.

The s2 doesn't trigger passive evades, does good damage, and applies a long armor break. I like to use it to finish shorter fights.

For all you guys who like to play OG Captain America, the synergy grants cap 15% attack every time the opponent is fatigued or stunned. If Cap is awakened, that's pretty much all the time.

Also, he has really good block proficiency if you need it. He has stun on his heavy attack. If he's awakened, he prevents the opponent from going to s3 immediately. And if you're about to die, regen kicks in to prolong the fight a little.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Thank you @Cloutlordree

Dr. Zola
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Is it cool if I credit you and make a video on this?

Is this towards me? If so, sure!

I'll get my editing software. Video should be up tomorrow.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Spider Gwen. Don't understand the hate. SP1 can be useful in the right situations, but the SP2 Crit can be absolutely...*chuckles at the thought*...DEVASTATING.