**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

my opinion on an unhealthy change for the future of mcoc

Hello everybody, I’m OxygeN, a little Thronebreaker player from Switzerland and this is my first post on this forum.

I would like to share my opinion about some changes in the game that are really not healthy and kind off kill my motivation to play MCOC from my point of view. Maybe I'm not the only one in this situation.

Let me clarify what I mean, I am not talking about the bug that Kabam is already working on to resolve it, please don't talk about this in this post.

I was spending a lot of money for quite some times on MCOC but life is life and now I can’t afford to spend the same amount every month, and I try to become a F2P player.

After month of not entering the cavalier difficulty (because not spending money kind of lowered my motivation to play the game) I decide to re-enter and at least do a completion of it for the “completion event”

Everything goes well until I arrive to the mutant quest, I use the really nice “preview” button to see the node and the class type of the quest. I see “mighty charge” I was like “oh yeah that’s an easy Apoc path”

Entering the path with my 6r3 Apoc I realise the node as change in way that the opponent is becoming immune to debuffs. So basically, the utility for what I think a lot of people ranked up Apoc is just being nerfed or countered just month after everybody was hype for him.

This really kill even more my motivation to play the game and I think this is really not good for the game. Because we are talking about a node that really destroy the utility that this champ was build and also sell to counter Initially.

We are not talking about one champ to counter another, like how Warlock counter the “unlucky” ability of Domino, because you never see a full path of Warlock in a quest.

I am really sad to see this kind of changesets after releasing a champ for certain utility. Even more now that I am a F2P player, I really need to be careful with which champion I invest my resources in. And when I see that I invest into Apoc to counter a node that I hate and that node got change month after to counter Apoc, that make me sick.

I hope you all get my point and we can have a talk about that, I would like to know other player’s opinion about it!

Best regards

Comments

• Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    Mighty charge has been part of the game for years and is not a hard node to deal with. It literally tells you that the defender becomes debuff immune when they dash at you, so when you bring a champ like apoc which relies on keeping debuffs on the opponents, you shouldn’t be surprised when they get purified if you let them dash at you and his utility there is lower. The reality is that any champion in the game can take that node as long as you play it right, even those that rely on debuffs. You should bait heavies by hitting into the block then holding block yourself. Punish afterward and keep very little space between you so they can’t purify the debuffs you are adding.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 488 ★★★
    I have no idea what you're talking about. You're a thronebreaker? I'm a Cavalier and I've explored Cavaliers EQ with almost no items and boosts with my mediocre skills. I just try not to mess up and it works for me.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Kabam switched the Cav difficulty nodes every few months. This has nothing to do with nerfing any champ. This diff level is meant to reward people with developed rosters.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    So Apoc is the only champ you have to use?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Honestly I didn’t like this months mutant level. Not a fan of the unblockable way to earn fury. Oh well wasn’t too hard, just annoying.
  • OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 31
    thank you guys for all your feedback about this,

I understand what you are saying but my point was more like why do you change a node that Apoc was so good for ?

yes the node is not hard to counter or play around, but it's a mutant quest, and if my debuff are purified and the defender become even immune to it after, why should i not do this quest why my r3 ghost then ?

I want to play with mutant in a mutant quest but why should i lost my time when they change node like this ?

To respond to Ebony_naw , yes i dont think people rank up apoc for that too, but imagine now if they put true focus everywhere, people who have Ghost, quake etc would be mad. because they use ressources to rank this champ and Kabam just change/add the node after to counter theses champs and that's not cool.

We didn't see this node before Apoc, now we have Apoc and they change the node for him i guess. and that's what i think is not correct.

Of course this is only my opinion and i respect yours

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    OxygeN610 said:

I understand what you are saying but my point was more like why do you change a node that Apoc was so good for ?

yes the node is not hard to counter or play around, but it's a mutant quest, and if my debuff are purified and the defender become even immune to it after, why should i not do this quest why my r3 ghost then ?

I want to play with mutant in a mutant quest but why should i lost my time when they change node like this ?

To respond to Ebony_naw , yes i dont think people rank up apoc for that too, but imagine now if they put true focus everywhere, people who have Ghost, quake etc would be mad. because they use ressources to rank this champ and Kabam just change/add the node after to counter theses champs and that's not cool.

We didn't see this node before Apoc, now we have Apoc and they change the node for him i guess. and that's what i think is not correct.

Mighty Charge was around before Apoc my guy.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I explored the mutant cav quest with apoc. What is the problem again?
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    ItsDamien said:

OxygeN610 said:

Mighty Charge was around before Apoc my guy.
    I think he knows that , he is saying they change how the node function .. not if the node is difficult or not.
  • OxygeN610 said:

Entering the path with my 6r3 Apoc I realise the node as change in way that the opponent is becoming immune to debuffs. So basically, the utility for what I think a lot of people ranked up Apoc is just being nerfed or countered just month after everybody was hype for him.

This really kill even more my motivation to play the game and I think this is really not good for the game. Because we are talking about a node that really destroy the utility that this champ was build and also sell to counter Initially.

First of all, a lot of people are going to tell you that you're overreacting to the situation, that this doesn't damage the utility of Apocalypse to the degree you're implying, which is true. However, I'm going to tackle the more general complaint, that people have certain expectations for how things work in the game and when changes happen that violate those expectations it can make the game unpleasant for many people.

This is also completely true. But MCOC is a game as a service, not a game that ships complete. The model for the game is to continuously add and evolve the content. There is an expectation that players who play such a game must deal with and adapt to change. You are not in a position to figure something out once and for all time and be able to rely upon this indefinitely. What works today might not work tomorrow. The challenges in the content today won't necessarily be the challenges in the content tomorrow. The rock you get to counter scissors is going to be countered by paper next week. For that matter, one day there will also be harder scissors.

This has pros and cons. The dynamic nature of the game means it doesn't get stale, it doesn't fall into situations it can never get out of. You don't acquire the best champs and then you're done. You don't acquire the worst champs and those stay worthless forever. But it also means you don't get to solve problems permanently either. There is no permanence in the game. You have to constantly move forward just to stay in place.

None of this is new. This isn't some new direction the developers invented recently. This has been a guiding principle of the game since the day it launched. That's why, for good or for bad, the large changes in release 12.0 happened. That's why you don't see Perfect Block synergy teams steamrolling all of the content. That's why Star Lord isn't considered the best champ anymore, nor is Blade, nor is Iceman, nor is Medusa, nor any of the other top tier champs of the past (although they are all still mostly pretty good). That's why we have 6* champs at all.

What you're experiencing has been the rule forever. Maybe it feels different to you, but it is not. You have to decide whether that's the kind of game you want to play, because the devs aren't going to change how the game has been developed for the past six years just because you don't like one particular change. Nor is anyone going to take seriously the complaint that this is a bad direction for the game, because this is the direction it has been moving in throughout its existence.

Of course some change are better and some are worse, and we can always debate the details. But the idea that change is bad just if it changes something someone chose to rely upon just doesn't go anywhere. If we make those kinds of changes off-limits, that pretty much makes all changes off-limits. You just have to learn to roll with changes that shake up your prior expectations and strategies. That, or find another game to play, but all games as a service are going to eventually do this to you. The only games that won't are games that come in boxes and don't update themselves over time.