**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

State of the Game - Sept 2021

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/-fu6BeULRFg

As you can see, Brian Grant of ContestChampion.com has made a video regarding the state of the game, a lot of points being made I agree on. I like to believe what started this was BrutalDLX’s decision to play that game in a more casual way instead of retirement.

There are things that I’d like to address and I hope you guys can provide your thoughts toward the State of MCOC in September 2021. This coming December will officially bring the game to its 7th year. And while having that as a milestone is great, it may shock you that some things have never changed within those seven years.

Alliance Quest - I agree with BG on this where although AQ can be stale and monotonous because it’s the same thing every week, it’s good to have something as stable as AQ where you log in for a few minutes, fight, earn rewards, job is done. This can be particularly frustrating for people who work full time jobs and cannot be bothered by being forced to take a bathroom break for AQ so I do hope that changes in the future.

Alliance War - There was a Dev Note describing how AW would be overhauled from the ground up. However, all we’ve seen are Defense Tactics and Attack Tactics being added, which provided no meaningful value to the AW experience except to cause more frustration. Although this overhaul of AW may still be in development, all we ask is communication - how is the development process? Do you like it as it is? Do you think we would like it? etc. AW Seasons as it is is not enough.

Champion Acquisition - BrutalDLX said it best, I believe, when he said champion acquisition has become too costly and too time consuming. For those arena grinders, having to deal with bots is another issue.

Not only that, but having the player base wait for months just for the champion to be added to the basic pool is ridiculous. On top of that, we have the RNG factor to consider too. I’m not saying that RNG should be removed or how these crystals operate should change, I am asking for an addition to these so I can feel like I’m working towards something. Whether it takes 2-3 months, if I have to log in every day or every week (to work towards this goal) so I can be able to pick up the champion I desire - I would seriously love and appreciate that.

These are some of my thoughts. I’m sure there are other concerns such as Content (Event Quest, Side Quest, Variants, Everest Content, Story Content, etc.) So I would like to know your thoughts about the State of MCOC in 2021.

Comments

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

This was most definitely not started by BrutalDLX’s vid, I really saw an issue when Seatin stopped uploading as frequently. He’s the biggest MCOC creator and he just decided to take a step back. That just shows me the game losing peoples’ interest and attention

You may have missed the timing but BrutalDLX announced his “Account Status” on August 20th. BG made a Twitter post about the State of the Game on August 21st.

Not to mention, back in August SOP was around and you can see that Seatin was posting content. What has Seatin hooked now is NFT’s - add on top of the fact that this game isn’t in its best state - we can see why Seatin has taken a step back from content creation.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

BG has a right to his opinion, as do all of us.

I stopped watching his video about 20 minutes in because 1) all he talked about were obv problems we all know about already, and 2) almost completely ignored anything good about the game.

And there is a lot good to say about MCOC. But no one wants to hear that. Instead they use tis forum as a therapy session to bare their tortured souls and explain how they've been wrecked by a free mobile video game.

I want the bugs fixed, too. It's software. It's complicated. Bugs happen. I don't let it create existential crises or jump to conclusions that the game is dying or threaten to quit. I'm just here to have fun playing MCOC. So far mission accomplished.

Definitely disagree with you there but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I mean it’s kind of hard to find something good about the game that hasn’t been good all along. The game as he said is very stale atm. I’ve drastically cut down my playtime because there simply isn’t much to do especially with the Parry Dex bug because it will probably cost resources and I don’t want to have to spend resources and units every time I do a quest
    Granted, it varies from person-to-person, but I haven't seen any aspect of said bugs that has stopped people from playing completely. It's been pretty smooth in the last couple weeks.
    Colin is also correct. There are a great deal of positives about the game. Positives which obviously outweigh the negatives, or we wouldn't all be here.
    No offense to BG, but I am over the whole State of the Game movement. We don't need to list every problem with some ominous tone just to highlight that there are problems. There are always some kind of problems going on. Nothing will ever be perfect. The choice is, do we look at things realistically, or do we amass a bunch of negatives and build a disdain? Both are a choice.
    Even though it seems harsh I do actually agree with this, these things are brought up all the time by people trying to bring changes that simply are impossible for Kabam to implement at the speed these players want
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

BG has a right to his opinion, as do all of us.

I stopped watching his video about 20 minutes in because 1) all he talked about were obv problems we all know about already, and 2) almost completely ignored anything good about the game.

And there is a lot good to say about MCOC. But no one wants to hear that. Instead they use tis forum as a therapy session to bare their tortured souls and explain how they've been wrecked by a free mobile video game.

I want the bugs fixed, too. It's software. It's complicated. Bugs happen. I don't let it create existential crises or jump to conclusions that the game is dying or threaten to quit. I'm just here to have fun playing MCOC. So far mission accomplished.

Definitely disagree with you there but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I mean it’s kind of hard to find something good about the game that hasn’t been good all along. The game as he said is very stale atm. I’ve drastically cut down my playtime because there simply isn’t much to do especially with the Parry Dex bug because it will probably cost resources and I don’t want to have to spend resources and units every time I do a quest
    Granted, it varies from person-to-person, but I haven't seen any aspect of said bugs that has stopped people from playing completely. It's been pretty smooth in the last couple weeks.
    Colin is also correct. There are a great deal of positives about the game. Positives which obviously outweigh the negatives, or we wouldn't all be here.
    No offense to BG, but I am over the whole State of the Game movement. We don't need to list every problem with some ominous tone just to highlight that there are problems. There are always some kind of problems going on. Nothing will ever be perfect. The choice is, do we look at things realistically, or do we amass a bunch of negatives and build a disdain? Both are a choice.
    Even though it seems harsh I do actually agree with this, these things are brought up all the time by people trying to bring changes that simply are impossible for Kabam to implement at the speed these players want
    That's always going to be the main problem.. We don't want the world tomorrow, we want the world today and we don't want the world today, we wanted it 10 minutes ago..
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

grfvb said:

This was most definitely not started by BrutalDLX’s vid, I really saw an issue when Seatin stopped uploading as frequently. He’s the biggest MCOC creator and he just decided to take a step back. That just shows me the game losing peoples’ interest and attention

seatin is the not biggest, just one of the first, and certainly not one of the best - his absence doesnt show anything, but him pivoting from his main source of income
    Who else has 300K subs and does MCOC content
    star in sky /s
    How, rather, why, is he still uncollected? I get kind of irritated but click on his vids nevertheless, guess that makes him a decent youtuber, even if the content is trash it's the clicks that matter.
    he plays other games (i dont know which, i dont recognise) and has been posting for a long time maybe.. but his mcoc and marvel knowledge is hilarious.. i dont blame you for getting irritated XD also his skills are through the roof
    Yeah this is true I guess, his fanbase is really built around MK mobile I think, so his viewers enjoy whatever, which is understandable.