**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Haji_Saab said:

DNA3000 said:

Raichu626 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bigbowlr said:

This is our first month doing this Double Month side quest thing, and we're still learning. I definitely see why this is frustrating though, and even though we tried to lighten the burden by reducing the number of fights from the last week, it might not have been enough.

I can't spoil anything, but I do think that you'll want to complete at least one of these difficulties all the way through, even if it's just the easiest one so you have access to the October Side Event.

So are you saying that if we complete the easiest level we'll gain access to the best rewards? So we can do Proven objectives and get access to the t5c selector and other stuff, or are the rewards unlocked locked behind the difficulty level you complete this month
    Yes! If you complete even the Heroic difficulty this month, you'll have access to them all next month.
    Wait wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT. This literally changes EVERYTHING. I know the announcement said we only needed to complete one objective set to unlock next month, but it also said everyone was going to get a variation based on progression level: I assumed they were there so completist could farm them all, but you were supposed to do the one that matched your progress level.

If you can literally do *any* of them and unlock *all* of next month, I think that's critical information that has been obfuscated for most players. It means the difficulty of going through the objectives is based on how hard the easiest one is, and that's the proven one. The grind is way less oppressive if that's all you need to do. Since I see people posting Reddit guides and video guides on how to complete the *highest* objective in the easiest possible manner for players, I'm guessing a lot of people are unaware that the easiest path through the objectives is not to try to cheese Cavalier, it is to sleep walk through Proven. Proven is 35 fights in Act 1. That's basically a few autofight paths of low energy.

Sure, you'd be passing up the objective rewards, but come on: who but the completists cares about those. I mean, I'm going to do them all, but no normal human would want to, and I think most people don't know that they don't need to.
    I still have a pretty substantial problem with this, when it comes to going out of my way to complete the objectives. I still have some unexplored paths in Act 7 and all of Act 6, so while it's really weird and annoying to leave the monthly EQ unfinished to do that instead, it's not extremely far out of my way, just pretty far. However, there are players that have 100% everything, for whom this is much worse than even for me. This is also discounting the potential horrors of the next two objectives on the Cav level.

On UC level, the first week was extremely easy, just autofighting some of the Shang-Chi challenge with r1 5* Storm. Week 2 is currently on 0/100, because where exactly am I going to find 5* opponents to defeat with special attacks while doing Cav and UC EQ? Nowhere, that's where. I'd have to go out of my way to find opponents to do that with. I guess I could do the later quests of SCC. Then I'd need to do (presumably) Act 5 quests enough times to defeat 50 opponents. I have 100% explored act 5 and everything below, once again it would require going out of my way.

On conqueror level, I'd still need to do the first week, so I guess more SCC like with Storm, just with r5 Iceman this time? Weird, but I'll allow it. Then find myself 100 4* opponents to defeat with specials, but not with specials that utilize burst damage or DoT. I certainly won't find those in my regular questing content, thereby going out of my way. Then I'd need to win ~50 figths in (presumably) Act 4. GoomW.

Lastly, proven. First, find a place to win 25 fights with unranked 3* champions. GoomW. Then, win 100 fights against 3* with specials. GoomW. Then, autofight Act 1 for a while. GoomW. Then whatever other horrors are left waiting, presumably requiring more GoomW.

While cav is pretty terrible, the lower levels are just further and further out of my way. It barely reduces the annoyance factor, or even makes it more annoying.

In case you're at a loss as to what GoomW means, it's just shorter than writing "going out of my way" 6 times, because I've used that phrase to death in this comment
    I'm not saying the objectives aren't bad. What I'm saying is that we should be advising players who think they are so bad they can't or won't do them even if it means passing on October's side quest to grit their teeth and autofight their way through Act 1 while catching up on Netflix just so they don't pass on October's rewards, then come back here and grumble about the objectives being bad.
    How r u auto fighting the special forces objective?
    I was referring to this week's objective. The easiest way to complete the Proven Special Forces objective is to bring a reasonably strong team into any content with 3* champions, like Heroic say, and let the opponent pound on you until you have enough energy to kill them with a special attack. That's not quite autofight, but it doesn't require a ton of attention either. It is basically three taps per kill, more or less (move to fight, start fight, tap special).
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    You can just do 6.2.3 (Icarus chapter) and fight Captain Sparkles 50 times. It's a 3 energy fight and if you bring a mystic that deals energy damage, she melts.
  • Ercarret said:

I'm dreading future weeks' grind, not looking forward to their rewards.

My guess is that they are not going to be as grindy. Possibly still grindy, but not as grindy. Not a great consolation, but take it for what it is worth.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

i like how they are saying "you can complete a lower level difficulty", as if every one of us go around beating 3* champions with a special attack. please realise kabam, most people wont even complete the second week of lower difficulties. it makes no sense. the event is really unplanned, it seems.

You are right. I haven’t even completed the proven and conqueror objectives from week 1.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

It's pitiable that last September was Mutant Treasure Island, arguably the best event of 2020, and within the span of a year we've fallen so far. Where did we go so wrong?

The economy was "imbalanced" after that I'm guessing which is why nothing similar has shown up.
  • RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    I have no issues with current week objectives!
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

IMO, you need to send Thronbreakers 5 energy refills as compensation for wasting our time and energy on old content.

How do you figure?
    This argument is asinine. What aspect of Objectives implies they MUST be done on new content? What makes people exempt from redoing it to meet a new Objective? This idea that it's "beneath" people to do content again is just plain egocentric. Most illogical argument I've heard yet. If people have already done it, they should have no trouble.
    If it was FINISH A PATH.. u would be right...doing 50 fights is just stupid
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

It's pitiable that last September was Mutant Treasure Island, arguably the best event of 2020, and within the span of a year we've fallen so far. Where did we go so wrong?

Same reason they haven't ever done another Glenpool goes to the movies. Also, mutant treasure island was never intended to be the way it was. It was bugged so they threw us a bone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Same reason they haven't ever done another Glenpool goes to the movies. Also, mutant treasure island was never intended to be the way it was. It was bugged so they threw us a bone.
    Not to mention the expectations that develop. Whenever an Event comes that's pretty milky, people call that the standard everything should come as.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Within the time people objected to this, it's done.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I will say, 6.2.3 Icarus path is the way to go on this. 3 energy to fight CMM and you can easily restart the fight after every fight. I get that it's a little frustrating, but this is a pretty simple way to cheese the objective at the Cavalier level. There are several good champ options for Icarus too, although it's not hard especially with only one fight: Mole Man, awakened Angela, Killmonger with Void synergy, awakened CMM, Namor just to name a few.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

the energy cost is the killer for this week . its gonna be super expensive to do tb an cav

I've been grinding 5.3.6 for energy refills all afternoon (get 1-2 each run on the upper left path) to do the UC objective of beating act 5 defenders. Then by the time I'm done I'll have enough energy to go cheese CMM in 6.2.3 the required 50 times. Gotten 3 refills extra from 2 runs already.

It's boring though.