**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

my first 6*

hi guys i opened the crystal and my first six star is ..........daredevil hell's kitchen
i guess i should be happy considering i spinned over kamala khan and missed drax :D you're thoghts on my pull

Comments

• ya im thinking either wait and r5 my 5* corvus, r4 namor or r4 bloodstone
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 509 ★★★
    It could have been worse. He's occassionally useful especially when fighting a debuff champion like void or fighting a champion with miss like Kitty and darkhawk. It's okay, champ. Great start 👉🏻
  • thanks so much
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    not the worst, best miss counter in the game i'm pretty sure
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,308 ★★★★★
    My first one was omega but yesterday I opened my 9th six star air walker
  • nice
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,487 ★★★★★
    I love playing him, but He gets full utility at max sig. he’s got decent damage though
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    My first 6* was Karnak, so congrats!
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    excellent pull for your first in my opinion. i love his new animations and he has the potential for some VERY impressive damage. he regens on demand, can't miss, shrugs debuffs ... you should be very excited about the pull. i'm taking mine to R3 as soon as i'm able.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,392 ★★★★★
    I have ever bottom tier 6* there is, you'll get no sympathy from me.
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    DDHK was my third 6*, and while he isn’t the best, I’m at least lucky that I also have Shulk at 6*, so there is some synergy there.

DDHK probably won’t get buffed again for a while, but not every bad 6* pull stays that way forever. My 4th was Diablo and I was bummed about it at the time, but six months later, he gets an awesome buff and now I can find a number of uses for him.
  • You_Know_MeYou_Know_Me Posts: 73
    I opened my first 6 star crystal today and it turned out to be loki :(
    Poor me
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    Atleast he bypasses miss
    My first 6 star was drax
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★

It could have been worse. He's occassionally useful especially when fighting a debuff champion like void or fighting a champion with miss like Kitty and darkhawk. It's okay, champ. Great start 👉🏻

DDHK v Void is somewhat tedious of a battle since (if you want to play DDHK for damage output) you're gonna be sitting on a Rage debuff the entire fight. It's gonna hurt.
    He is currently the best (and easiest achievable way for it) miss counter in game. Outside of maybe Torch, but Torch needs his incinerates to stick for that.
  • mattressmattress Posts: 404 ★★
    My 1st was TaskMaster followed by Dormamu.pulled Claire yesterday tho so I guess it balances out🤷
  • NickChiNickChi Posts: 111
    edited September 2021

hi guys i opened the crystal and my first six star is ..........piece of ****
    i guess i should be happy considering i spinned over kamala khan and missed drax :D you're thoghts on my pull

Man, you could have gotten worse, since I got a iron patriot
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    My first was storm x
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    Daredevil buff is actually decent. I honestly would love to get him.
    Warlockjr said:

My first was storm x

I would also love Storm X. Underrated champs are so fun to play and use
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Daredevil is a decent champ. Counters miss and also can control his combo meter and is regen reversal immune.
  • thanks guys
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Bro just spin your crystals better 💯🧠
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
    Mine was OG Daredevil, so congrats mate.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 627 ★★★
    Mine 1st was Taskmaster, 2nd OG hulk and 3rd i opened two days ago Vulture
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Here is a comment I made a week or so ago on a thread about DDHK’s utility, he is definitely underrated. And I think a lot of fun to play.

Warning, it’s long:

I have DDNF rank 3 on my mini account, I awakened him with an abyss gem and sigged him up a bit. I think he's definitely underrated, but not as if he's this underrated gem that's gonna change your account. People talk about him like he's a the lowest of the low, but he's not as high as an amazing champ, if you know what I mean. He's a decent rank up IMO.

And I think people look too much to has damage and forget the pretty cool utility he has. His damage isn't awful, it's just not high at all. He has average damage, which I get nowadays is a con of a champion to a lot of people. But over the last half a year or so, I've come more into the mindset that utility is better than damage. You are almost never going to die in a fight because you don't have enough damage where you couldn't have solved that with the right utility. Say you die against selective time stream because you don't have damage, could have brought the utility to solve the problem. Say you die against thorns because you couldn't out-damage them first, could have brought the utility. We have so many different counters today in the game, that bringing something new to the table is actually a really great thing, even if their damage isn't the highest.

Essentially, aside from the new timer in war for a tie break, it doesn't matter as much how long a champion takes to win a fight, if they have the kit to survive/beat the fight. Obviously you don't want them to take the mick (Psychoman cough cough), but if they have enough, not insane, damage I think they're worth a look at.

And that's the point, even though DDHK doesn't have the highest damage, the way people talk about him seems like he has unusable damage. But he really doesn't. He will take a bit longer to do the fight, but he will do it safely. So what does he do safely?

He has the best miss counter in the game, this is not a debate, he just has it. No heavies, no temperature, no 10 buffs. Just on his base kit, and permanent. It's just there. This is a great piece of utility.

He has a reliable shrug off, with the caveat that you need to be able to heavy attack. If you don't know, he shrugs off non-damaging debuffs when in his below-16-combo mode, and heavy attacks reduces his combo meter. Long distance relationship, fatigues, void's debuffs (if you stay in your below-15-combo mode), heal block etc can all be countered. And this lets him fit in well with a lot of skill specific nodes in act 7/Cav EQ

He has really nice survivability with his rage debuffs, I know there's a controversy about his reduced regeneration rate but he still does have a solid, near constant, on demand regeneration to top him up.

He has a chunky physical resistance, immune to spectre and other effects that affect regeneration rate.

In his above 15 combo mode, he has a crit rate boost and reduces defensive ability accuracy by 65%, which is decent but (clearly) not as reliable as 100%, though with the elektra or psylocke synergy knocking the opponent down inflicts a disorient for 12 seconds which bumps that to 100%. Psylocke is already decent as a horsewomen, and Elektra just needs a solid buff.

Something I've never seen anyone talk about is his mastery over his combo metre, maybe you don't think there's much use to it. But he is absolutely the best counter tactics.. well, counter.. When their attack gets high, or even before then, throw a heavy and you reduce your combo and their attack. This works well for combo party too, no risk of getting those cruelty buffs detonated if you don't have any/many. And the power to cower node in AQ isn't an issue either.

He also has his reduction to passive degen and direct damage. So things like Thorns, Electro Damage back, Magik's limbo, special delivery etc are all countered. And while this does need sig 200 to have a 100% reduction, it actually has a great synergy with the rest of his kit, which in my opinion, means he doesn't need it maxed necessarily. Sig 100, already gets you an 80% reduction, which is a pretty nice benefit, and with firstly his willpower regen and secondly his 65% DAAR, it actually gets round most of the damage, and if it's not failed by your DAAR, it's reduced by your sig, and you can regen the little damage that gets through.

In my opinion, all he needs is a slight tweak. Regeneration rate increased to 50 or 60% would be nice, and honestly, just bump up his damage by 20%-25%. Or give his fury a 50-75% bump. His rage buffs converting to furies would do wonders for his damage. Maybe even just a chance, or a weaker fury would be fine, since he can get a lot of them. Even give it a cooldown if necessary.

Something like that, just to bring his damage a bit more in line with the above average champs. He's definitely not as bad as people say.
  • hi guys.......i got another six star and it was a nightcrawler :(
  • it was like a few months ago
  • now im half way to my next six star