**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW node 24 is broken

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    BDougH wrote: »
    They did say that regeneration effects would be based on base stats but that doesn't necessarily mean that regeneration from nodes, such as Buffet, is based on base stats. So that being the case, if you do the math, there might not be a bug and it might just be an annoying technicality. It might just be great placement.

Let's assume the Juggernaut was 5* 4/55. He probably has a base health of about 25k. Depending on your tier there are various levels of champion boost/health boost on that node. For easy math, let's say they are both 100%. In my experience, it seems like nodes like that multiply on one another rather than adding so that would mean you take 25k, double it for the champion boost (100%) then double that for the health boost (100%) which brings his health up to 100k. If buffet regens 5% of that that would be 5,000. Then the recovery node says "recovers 200% more health" so I would assume that is 200% plus the original recovery (100%) so you multiply that 5,000 by 3 which makes it 15,000. Not to mention, if he has recovery mastery maxed, it adds an additional 15% to that meaning it would end up around 17,250.

Using that same math and assuming the same conditions, node values, and masteries but backwards, it would mean that the juggernaut (or any other champ on that node) would heal for 14k each time if they had a base health rating of about 20,300.

I might be way off on this, but other than the technicality of regeneration based on champ abilities and regeneration based on nodes being calculated on base health vs. modified health, it seems like good placement to me rather than a bug.

Yeah a node that regenerates 20K is definitely what they were planning lol.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Seems they need to make sure it's off base health as in everything else in AW. It does seem like boosted health to me as this is my line every war.
    First time I hit this it was Ultron and I got crushed because I couldn't make myself block his sp1., second time it was Goblin and had to overpower the regen with a lot of poison after timing out with Ultron. Started bringing Yondu or quake and she does a beautiful job as they never regen at all. Vision should be good here too.

Why don’t they regen against quake? Her aftershock prevents it?
    So still no response from kabam. Sigh
    Run477 wrote: »
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Seems they need to make sure it's off base health as in everything else in AW. It does seem like boosted health to me as this is my line every war.
    First time I hit this it was Ultron and I got crushed because I couldn't make myself block his sp1., second time it was Goblin and had to overpower the regen with a lot of poison after timing out with Ultron. Started bringing Yondu or quake and she does a beautiful job as they never regen at all. Vision should be good here too.

Why don’t they regen against quake? Her aftershock prevents it?

She can evade and parry and keep using her heavy charge therefore not creating any buffs for them to eat.
    @Kabam Vydious Anything?
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    I used SIM to take down that node and it had an X-23 on it. The key for me was to not dodge with dexterity multiple times (which would cause the regen) and parry to not activate SIM's armor up. Other than that, it was a pretty standard fight.
    Goken2345 wrote: »
    I used SIM to take down that node and it had an X-23 on it. The key for me was to not dodge with dexterity multiple times (which would cause the regen) and parry to not activate SIM's armor up. Other than that, it was a pretty standard fight.

What tier are you in? There is zero chance sim would clear that node in expert tier as far as I can tell. 200% regen on the node. And the fact that you can parry so much, does the node not have limber in your tier?

In expert tier, you get about 4 parries before the opponent is basically stun immune.

Regarding quake—same question about tier and limber. @Goken2345 @Draco2199
  • BDougHBDougH Posts: 4
    @Draco2199 it might not be what they were planning but I'd rather have hard nodes that will stop people from time to time than have everyone be able to easily 100% clear every map and leave the scoring up to defender rating... The whole point of war is to set up your best champs on the best nodes for them and make it challenging for the opposing alliance to get your boss down. So hard nodes are expected. Otherwise it's just an easy, 1 day long, head-to-head AQ where the highest rated alliance will always win.
    @Draco2199 it might not be what they were planning but I'd rather have hard nodes that will stop people from time to time than have everyone be able to easily 100% clear every map and leave the scoring up to defender rating... The whole point of war is to set up your best champs on the best nodes for them and make it challenging for the opposing alliance to get your boss down. So hard nodes are expected. Otherwise it's just an easy, 1 day long, head-to-head AQ where the highest rated alliance will always win.

And that’s fine—if this is intended. If it’s not intended and it’s broken (ie it is supposed to regen off base health not modified), then let us know. We need to make decisions on rank ups/champs and without info we cant
  • ZerovZerov Posts: 26

I agree on making it harder, but not to the level of BS where in some cases you hit the guy 70+ times on a 20% boost and he still has full health left. Also, you're not going to stop a good alliance from ever 100% a map by making just 1 or 2 nodes "challenging". You need something like node 24 on every path, not on just 1 or 2 paths.
  • Run477 wrote: »

And that’s fine—if this is intended. If it’s not intended and it’s broken (ie it is supposed to regen off base health not modified), then let us know. We need to make decisions on rank ups/champs and without info we cant

The node is not on shared path, this is supposed to be a single attacker fight, yet if we compare to 52 miniboss, which has same 200% regen boost, and same 200% attack boost:

* 52 has only 100% more health boost (500% vs 400%)
    * 52 has Special Attack "Strike Back" (hurts a lot power drainers or heavy hitters...)
    * 24 has 0.2s reduction Limber
    * 24 has Buffet healing 5% of max health once attacker raises a buff every 7s

No genius needed to figure out that if Buffet heals 5% of node total health, boosted by 200%, i.e. 20% of over 100K health of a 5* R4, that's a crazy healing every 7s if you use Dexterity!

But wait Dexterity? Ok let's turn it off and problem solved right? Sure, try to block a projectile special from a 5* R4 and let me know how did it work out... And hey there is more, some defenders have unblock specials or place debuffs on you like degen if you block!

Ok, Dexterity or no Dexterity, you may gamble, there is always force quit and you just loose 200 units worth of health if you need dexterity, but hey won't take long till everyone makes sure you need it (this will backfire I know but whatever) and when that happens:
    a) you can drain power
    b) you can poison
    c) you can heal block

Good luck with a), draining power never went very well with a fight that quickly turns into stun immune, on top of that AI uses Dexterity (oh the irony) to evade when cornered, just like Spider-Man used to do, so dash back and forward intercepts is gambling and that is need lots of times when going for power drain...

Good luck with b) Archangel and Voodoo lovers, won't take long till you rarely see a defender there is no poison immune! Yes another tip to make it harder, at this point you should have figured it that since nobody cares I'm betting it becomes so crazy that a change becomes a must, and asap..

That leaves us with the poor man option c), heal block... Hold on, excuse me that's totally wrong so let me try again, CONGRATULATIONS 5* R4 Yondu and CW owners, you still have to deal with the strong defender and the 0.2s Limber, and you had an unblock sp1 fight first, and a stun immune after that, and a long way of 3 more heavy buffed nodes (fingers crossed you changed lanes to right) till you reach that lovely miniboss, but that's why you bring 2 more attackers, and at that time you have good help from 1 buddy, and then the glory moment arrives and you solo the boss!!!!!

Come on get real, wake the f*ck up it's not like 5* R4 Heal blockers are made quickly, so if your opponent thought about it enjoy real life cause your war is over, the backup will go around you and do the path you were supposed to do. May be great for you honestly...
    vrto wrote: »

The node is not on shared path, this is supposed to be a single attacker fight, yet if we compare to 52 miniboss, which has same 200% regen boost, and same 200% attack boost:

* 52 has only 100% more health boost (500% vs 400%)
    * 52 has Special Attack "Strike Back" (hurts a lot power drainers or heavy hitters...)
    * 24 has 0.2s reduction Limber
    * 24 has Buffet healing 5% of max health once attacker raises a buff every 7s

No genius needed to figure out that if Buffet heals 5% of node total health, boosted by 200%, i.e. 20% of over 100K health of a 5* R4, that's a crazy healing every 7s if you use Dexterity!

But wait Dexterity? Ok let's turn it off and problem solved right? Sure, try to block a projectile special from a 5* R4 and let me know how did it work out... And hey there is more, some defenders have unblock specials or place debuffs on you like degen if you block!

Ok, Dexterity or no Dexterity, you may gamble, there is always force quit and you just loose 200 units worth of health if you need dexterity, but hey won't take long till everyone makes sure you need it (this will backfire I know but whatever) and when that happens:
    a) you can drain power
    b) you can poison
    c) you can heal block

Good luck with a), draining power never went very well with a fight that quickly turns into stun immune, on top of that AI uses Dexterity (oh the irony) to evade when cornered, just like Spider-Man used to do, so dash back and forward intercepts is gambling and that is need lots of times when going for power drain...

Good luck with b) Archangel and Voodoo lovers, won't take long till you rarely see a defender there is no poison immune! Yes another tip to make it harder, at this point you should have figured it that since nobody cares I'm betting it becomes so crazy that a change becomes a must, and asap..

That leaves us with the poor man option c), heal block... Hold on, excuse me that's totally wrong so let me try again, CONGRATULATIONS 5* R4 Yondu and CW owners, you still have to deal with the strong defender and the 0.2s Limber, and you had an unblock sp1 fight first, and a stun immune after that, and a long way of 3 more heavy buffed nodes (fingers crossed you changed lanes to right) till you reach that lovely miniboss, but that's why you bring 2 more attackers, and at that time you have good help from 1 buddy, and then the glory moment arrives and you solo the boss!!!!!

Come on get real, wake the f*ck up it's not like 5* R4 Heal blockers are made quickly, so if your opponent thought about it enjoy real life cause your war is over, the backup will go around you and do the path you were supposed to do. May be great for you honestly...

...that escalated quickly...

I am just trying to figure out if kabam intended this or if it’s a bug. I’m assuming it’s a bug. Two out of three of ours cleared it with gully (after I crapped out trying to use magik and voodoo). Put down the drink man.
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited November 2017
    ...that escalated quickly...

I am just trying to figure out if kabam intended this or if it’s a bug. I’m assuming it’s a bug. Two out of three of ours cleared it with gully (after I crapped out trying to use magik and voodoo). Put down the drink man.

I wasn't really going against your opinion, was instead following it... Anyway Guillotine is not a solution for node 24, I said it before, she works only against defenders that have major regen burst(s), that she would also kill elsewhere, nothing related to the node.

PS: thanks for the drinking tip
    We faced two ultrons and gully took down both. But I do understand your point about her reverse heal. The other group had a max md uc. Gully didn’t drop him. But I would have used magik against that uc and kept him power locked and trapped.
    Node 23: anyone go against node 23 (masochism). It has the same max health language as 24 but no 200% regen. Anyone know what the typical regen is from masochism?
    We faced two ultrons and gully took down both. But I do understand your point about her reverse heal. The other group had a max md uc. Gully didn’t drop him. But I would have used magik against that uc and kept him power locked and trapped.

It also depends what aw tier your in expert its ridiculous
    Draco2199 wrote: »

It also depends what aw tier your in expert its ridiculous

Ours was the 200% one for that war. We ended up losing the war though and dropped back to the 150% one. It’s way easier to get past (although our opponents were bad at defense anyway so that helped that node).
    Still no response from any mod on this?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Probably they're too busy helping the developers count the money made from potions bought just because of this node...
    @Kabam Miike this issue has been brought up in multiple threads at this point for over a week. All we want is a response for now—is this node supposed to be regenning off of modified health as opposed to base health? Can u please tell us one way or the other (and I’m assuming it is supposed to be base health as that was one of the big 12.0 changes to make sure all defensive regen is based on base health)
  • machoyaxmachoyax Posts: 28
    Just need to stop dexterity giving precision buff. Would also solve MD issue.
    machoyax wrote: »
    Just need to stop dexterity giving precision buff. Would also solve MD issue.

Thats not the problem, md is fine its regen off noded health thats an issue.
    I feel like people shouldn’t complain about md and dexterity anymore. After the change to war where u are penalized for doubling champs and the fact that defender kills don’t count for points, u are really disincentived placing all mystic defenders. It also means that everyone with half a brain that sees all mystics should bring their magiks and just power lock as many fights as possible now that all of your magiks are not on defense. That strategy is fairly simple at this point.
    I say this above...and then We run into power gain/unblockable l2 morning star lol
    So still no response from kabam?
  • ZerovZerov Posts: 26
    So still no response from kabam?

Their response is making that path even harder, starting on Nov 9th ..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

It's been responded to. The Node is working as intended.

It's been responded to. The Node is working as intended.

@GroundedWisdom where was this response?
This discussion has been closed.