**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 164 ★★
    Whats frustrating me the most now, albeit the objectives are tad better this week and shards increased, is the energy spend. I can deal with the grind (ish) but the energy spend is crazy especially when I still have the regular eq quests to finish off
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

@Kabam Miike Sorry to Tag but can’t you give us a little hint as to why you guys are hyping this Event so Much?

return of the summoned symbiote!! mega poggers
    Don't toy with me. I miss the little guy. Lol.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Hoitado said:

@Kabam Miike Sorry to Tag but can’t you give us a little hint as to why you guys are hyping this Event so Much?

return of the summoned symbiote!! mega poggers
    Don't toy with me. I miss the little guy. Lol.
    i couldnt afford 700 mb updates back in the day, also i was a highschool student with not much access to games.. i dont even know what he was like. why do people talk so highly of him? i just have vague memories of a 1* symbiote and no idea what to do with him..
    A champion you could rankup with special catalysts from EQ.

His power level was that of a 6* r3, which would now be sth like r5 6*, something unheard of.

You could buy boosts that made him insanely good. Such as crit bleeds or perfect block while at 100% hp

There was special difficulty of EQ where he was very very good

But most importantly, he was nice, friendly and the best friend you could ask for.
    woah! sounds like i skipped one of the best mcoc events..
    Imho, THE single best event ever. I don't count Mutant Treasure Island, bcs that one was bugged and that broke the original intention. But this symbiote was perfectly planned, well executed and actually balanced and fun from the beginning. Also it was the month that gave us Sym Supreme and VtD
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    Steve we miss you little buddy !!!!!!!
  • Why even two months of side quests are tied together anyway? Awful design, boring and tedious objectives, lackluster rewards. Won't be touching this one even if the next month's rewards are amazing...

Another thing is that there is nothing new or exciting in the game. Sure SoP was great but now that it's over back to waiting for some challenging content to drop... We need the next Abyss or something. Something to strive for, anything to push me wanna rank up my 6 stars. Cause right now i don't even need them tbh. Everything can be done with 5 stars.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    One of my favorites by far.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 164 ★★
    MunchFlob said:

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but you can do the week 3 Cavalier objective with only 150 energy.
    Do 6.2.3 (the Icarus quest).
    The first fight is only one tile away and if you use Angela or KM+Void it’s less than 20 hits to complete. Then just restart the quest and repeat.
    It’s nowhere near as bad as last weeks objective.

It's a good option, best one for that particular objective I found. But did I enjoy it? No
    Would I have rather used the energy else where? Of course.
    Yes I agree this week's isn't as bad with the amount of fights needed as last week. But at least with last week ending in a special, I could do it in conjunction with the Eq and feel like I was progressing as I was doing my usual gameplay elsewhere.
    This weeks is a tad annoying since a lot are replaying content they have already completed.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,370 ★★★★★
    MunchFlob said:

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but you can do the week 3 Cavalier objective with only 150 energy.
    Do 6.2.3 (the Icarus quest).
    The first fight is only one tile away and if you use Angela or KM+Void it’s less than 20 hits to complete. Then just restart the quest and repeat.
    It’s nowhere near as bad as last weeks objective.

Its been said about and people also said the thing about repeating a already completed quest of 1 fight is boring going in and out 50 times as its wasting energy on something thats already done
  • ChimpsChimps Posts: 114
    Honestly, all the whining. I do agree that these objectives may take some time to complete but a game is meant to be played, when you aren't willing to play it, what is the point? The rewards at the end are definitely worth it. I will become TB after I claim those rewards, and am happy to do the objectives in order to do so. I do get these rewards maybe a little underwhelming for higher tier players but, you get what you get am I right? These objectives, especially Week 3 ones have been very easy so far. Sure the rewards have not been ideal but the rewards you get at the end are definitely worth it. As Kabam Miike said, you only need to get one objective difficulty done. ONE. Patience is a virtue. It amazes me, the MCOC community has gotten so spoilt, always expecting the best, always unwilling to put in a little work for some decent rewards. Stop complaining!!!
    If you are a newly Cav player Week 3 Cav
    objectives shouldn't be a problem for you nevertheless. If your are unwilling to yet get into the bosses you can still run 6.2.1, Path A (mystic path), and use 30 energy to complete 5 fights for the objective. It takes up to a day to get these objectives done, easy!
    The Week 2 objectives, special attacks, do some arena, it may take a few hours but, honestly, play the game.
    The Week 1 objectives, run UpUpDownDown top difficulty and repeat the quest once you take down IceMan, there is no energy involved, that or run UC EQ, 2.1 repeats once you've taken down the IceMan.
    All in all these objectives are easy and there are solutions to the grind. STOP WHINING AND GET THE OBJECTIVES DONE!

These are the rewards, for the work you have to put into getting these objectives done, id certainly say it is worth it. For all tiers of players from Cav, UC, Proven to TB
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,370 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Buttehrs said:

Chimps said:

Honestly, all the whining. I do agree that these objectives may take some time to complete but a game is meant to be played, when you aren't willing to play it, what is the point? The rewards at the end are definitely worth it. I will become TB after I claim those rewards, and am happy to do the objectives in order to do so. I do get these rewards maybe a little underwhelming for higher tier players but, you get what you get am I right? These objectives, especially Week 3 ones have been very easy so far. Sure the rewards have not been ideal but the rewards you get at the end are definitely worth it. As Kabam Miike said, you only need to get one objective difficulty done. ONE. Patience is a virtue. It amazes me, the MCOC community has gotten so spoilt, always expecting the best, always unwilling to put in a little work for some decent rewards. Stop complaining!!!
    objectives shouldn't be a problem for you nevertheless. If your are unwilling to yet get into the bosses you can still run 6.2.1, Path A (mystic path), and use 30 energy to complete 5 fights for the objective. It takes up to a day to get these objectives done, easy!
    The Week 2 objectives, special attacks, do some arena, it may take a few hours but, honestly, play the game.
    The Week 1 objectives, run UpUpDownDown top difficulty and repeat the quest once you take down IceMan, there is no energy involved, that or run UC EQ, 2.1 repeats once you've taken down the IceMan.
    All in all these objectives are easy and there are solutions to the grind. STOP WHINING AND GET THE OBJECTIVES DONE!

These are the rewards, for the work you have to put into getting these objectives done, id certainly say it is worth it. For all tiers of players from Cav, UC, Proven to TB

Yup. Sounds great. For people that actually want to do 100 fights while making sure you finish with an sp. I wonder how much easier it would have been if it was just wint 100 fights and that's it. Then there's the fact that week 3 is actually TONED DOWN and is still an energy sink no matter what difficulty you mess with. It's a big fat miss for a side event. Plain and simple. Just because 2 people out of thousands don't see an issue doesn't mean there isn't one.
    Just 100% your preferred eq difficulty, do a bit of arena. It completes itself.

You have complete freedom over how to do it.

I’d rather this than 30 days of running the same path over and over again. That really makes me want to stab my eyeballs.
    They pretty much done that anyway about same thing over and over for those that already done act questing 100% yes the specials can be done via cav uc and arena for 6s, but this weeks was literally what we would of done anyway if was a monthly side event as normally its 10 fights a day anyway and if was both specials and fights 100 times that be 20 days worth of just fighting in the side quest
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Bendy said:

Rillian said:

Buttehrs said:

Chimps said:

Yup. Sounds great. For people that actually want to do 100 fights while making sure you finish with an sp. I wonder how much easier it would have been if it was just wint 100 fights and that's it. Then there's the fact that week 3 is actually TONED DOWN and is still an energy sink no matter what difficulty you mess with. It's a big fat miss for a side event. Plain and simple. Just because 2 people out of thousands don't see an issue doesn't mean there isn't one.

I’d rather this than 30 days of running the same path over and over again. That really makes me want to stab my eyeballs.
    They pretty much done that anyway about same thing over and over for those that already done act questing 100% yes the specials can be done via cav uc and arena for 6s, but this weeks was literally what we would of done anyway if was a monthly side event as normally its 10 fights a day anyway and if was both specials and fights 100 times that be 20 days worth of just fighting in the side quest
    But there is no self contained side quest. You are getting slightly better rewards for completing eq, arena and story.

It’s patently obvious that kabam have done these low effort objectives so they can focus more on fixing the game.

When there was a SQ everyone complained about bugs, but now it seems that people would rather play a buggy self contained sq than having more freedom to choose content you can manage.

The question seems to come down to:

Do you want less bugs and objectives or more bugs and a deeply involved side quest?

The answer from the forums seems to be, we want neither and both at the same time!

I will not contribute further to this thread.
    That’s really not accurate to claim you know that for sure. I’d say it’s actually quite unlikely to be true anyway.

Kabam don’t plan a 2 month long event only 2 months in advance. We all know how far in advance they do plan. And not to mention, saying they would have had 2 months to change their plans is very generous, seeing as they only found out on July 6th that the bug was here, so wouldn’t know the issue was this widespread and serious until much later. We didn’t know how serious it was until mid to late July at the earliest.

Do you think the first week of the bug they would have scrapped the plan for September and October and think instead, ok let’s make a two month long event? No? Assuming what you say is true, they saw the bug and within 1 month had meetings on scrapping the event, designed, planned and implemented a whole new 2 month event. Do you see how unrealistic that sounds?

It really, seriously, isn’t a choice between side quest and a bug. There seems to be this idea that all of Kabam work on the same things. That they all follow each other around and work on the same desk. They are a company with departments, and as such, they departmentalise tasks. One department can work on fixing the bugs, and one can design a new event quest.

Kabam chose to do this event long ago, before the bug was here, and designed it. This wasn’t a last minute, oh damn this bug is bad deal.

They let the Shang chi challenge proceed, which is much harder than a side quest. So why do you think they’d let that challenge go ahead, but draw the line at an event quest and cancel it, redesign it all because of a bug?

Nothing you’ve said makes any sense when you think about it
    Sure, but I’d rather give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Benefit of the doubt about what?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I prefer the solo objective to side quests which use energy, but agree the solo objectives need to not be a damage to quality of life for community members.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Bendy said:

Rillian said:

Buttehrs said:

Chimps said:

But there is no self contained side quest. You are getting slightly better rewards for completing eq, arena and story.

It’s patently obvious that kabam have done these low effort objectives so they can focus more on fixing the game.

When there was a SQ everyone complained about bugs, but now it seems that people would rather play a buggy self contained sq than having more freedom to choose content you can manage.

The question seems to come down to:

Do you want less bugs and objectives or more bugs and a deeply involved side quest?

The answer from the forums seems to be, we want neither and both at the same time!

I will not contribute further to this thread.
    That’s really not accurate to claim you know that for sure. I’d say it’s actually quite unlikely to be true anyway.

Kabam don’t plan a 2 month long event only 2 months in advance. We all know how far in advance they do plan. And not to mention, saying they would have had 2 months to change their plans is very generous, seeing as they only found out on July 6th that the bug was here, so wouldn’t know the issue was this widespread and serious until much later. We didn’t know how serious it was until mid to late July at the earliest.

Do you think the first week of the bug they would have scrapped the plan for September and October and think instead, ok let’s make a two month long event? No? Assuming what you say is true, they saw the bug and within 1 month had meetings on scrapping the event, designed, planned and implemented a whole new 2 month event. Do you see how unrealistic that sounds?

It really, seriously, isn’t a choice between side quest and a bug. There seems to be this idea that all of Kabam work on the same things. That they all follow each other around and work on the same desk. They are a company with departments, and as such, they departmentalise tasks. One department can work on fixing the bugs, and one can design a new event quest.

Kabam chose to do this event long ago, before the bug was here, and designed it. This wasn’t a last minute, oh damn this bug is bad deal.

They let the Shang chi challenge proceed, which is much harder than a side quest. So why do you think they’d let that challenge go ahead, but draw the line at an event quest and cancel it, redesign it all because of a bug?

Nothing you’ve said makes any sense when you think about it
    Sure, but I’d rather give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Benefit of the doubt about what?
    About their willingness to create a meaningful product
    I’m not sure how that’s relevant to your claim that Kabam planned and implemented an event in such a short amount of time but sure.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Cav objective is extremely boring one. 30 sec kill CMM then Exit / Restart……

UC objective is slightly better and I treat as revive/energy grinding. Got 7 revives + 3 full form energy and having surprise sometimes.

Still thinking whether to complete the bottom two objectives. Completely not a good design and there is no encouragement or joy inside.
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    Reference said:

Cav objective is extremely boring one. 30 sec kill CMM then Exit / Restart……

UC objective is slightly better and I treat as revive/energy grinding. Got 7 revives + 3 full form energy and having surprise sometimes.

Still thinking whether to complete the bottom two objectives. Completely not a good design and there is no encouragement or joy inside.

where did you grind the UC objective?
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Week 1 was done just by typical play
    Week 2 was done by running UC EQ, since I already completed Cav
    Week 3 was a bit grindy. Completed a path in 7.2.1 and 7.2.2. Then I find a path in 7.2.3 that gave me 3 or 4 wins and kept repeating. Not the greatest objective, definitely not fun!