**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

1789101113»

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Amms90 said:

Reference said:

Cav objective is extremely boring one. 30 sec kill CMM then Exit / Restart……

UC objective is slightly better and I treat as revive/energy grinding. Got 7 revives + 3 full form energy and having surprise sometimes.

Still thinking whether to complete the bottom two objectives. Completely not a good design and there is no encouragement or joy inside.

where did you grind the UC objective?
    5.3.6 with science or power control champs (weakness except for science champs). I posted on this on previous page. Always worth grinding this quest if you have time. Can't really use autofighting. My team for this is Full fantastic four + She-hulk (for power sting synergy with fantastic).
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Amms90 said:

Reference said:

UC objective is slightly better and I treat as revive/energy grinding. Got 7 revives + 3 full form energy and having surprise sometimes.

Still thinking whether to complete the bottom two objectives. Completely not a good design and there is no encouragement or joy inside.

5.3.6 with science or power control champs (weakness except for science champs). I posted on this on previous page. Always worth grinding this quest if you have time. Can't really use autofighting. My team for this is Full fantastic four + She-hulk (for power sting synergy with fantastic).
    Yeah after I asked you I checked on that myself and I found that on my map I currently have a revive and also a big energy refill. The problem is I honestly don't wanna bother with act 5 content. I already explored everything up to 6.1.6 included and then act 7.1 and 7.2. I bothered with the cavalier objective by exploring 6.2.1 but I don't wanna do act 5 that I've already done and explored fully. I did do that for the carina challenge with 3s aegon, but that was only one path and the prize was worth the effort. I'll see if I find the will to bother, otherwise I'll leave the uncollected objectives behind. What a drag!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Amms90 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Amms90 said:

Reference said:

Yeah after I asked you I checked on that myself and I found that on my map I currently have a revive and also a big energy refill. The problem is I honestly don't wanna bother with act 5 content. I already explored everything up to 6.1.6 included and then act 7.1 and 7.2. I bothered with the cavalier objective by exploring 6.2.1 but I don't wanna do act 5 that I've already done and explored fully. I did do that for the carina challenge with 3s aegon, but that was only one path and the prize was worth the effort. I'll see if I find the will to bother, otherwise I'll leave the uncollected objectives behind. What a drag!
    Fair enough - I do it because it's not that hard once you have high ranked science champs. Autofighting variant 7 is much easier for just farming revives with your extra energy...but if I need lots of revives and/or refills in a hurry (like 2 weeks before Gauntlet closed) then I do 5.3.6.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I did beat all 6 stars with a special but that only unlocked the next cavalier special objectives (dream team)…

When i beat all 5 stars with a special that only unlocked the next uncollected special objective !

So my question is :

If i do the proven dream team objectives, will it only unlock the next proven one or all next objectives ?

Will i have to fight 50 champions in act 6.2+ or can i simply auto-fight my way in act 3 o 4 with the proven objectives ?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

I did beat all 6 stars with a special but that only unlocked the next cavalier special objectives (dream team)…

When i beat all 5 stars with a special that only unlocked the next uncollected special objective !

So my question is :

If i do the proven dream team objectives, will it only unlock the next proven one or all next objectives ?

Will i have to fight 50 champions in act 6.2+ or can i simply auto-fight my way in act 3 o 4 with the proven objectives ?

Even better, you can autofight Act 1 with the proven objectives.
    To unlock the next object (Week 2/3) you need to restart the game thou.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Stellar said:

So my question is :

Even better, you can autofight Act 1 with the proven objectives.
    To unlock the next object (Week 2/3) you need to restart the game thou.
    Ok but wil it unlock all objectives or only the proven one ?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Bigbowlr said:

This is our first month doing this Double Month side quest thing, and we're still learning. I definitely see why this is frustrating though, and even though we tried to lighten the burden by reducing the number of fights from the last week, it might not have been enough.

I can't spoil anything, but I do think that you'll want to complete at least one of these difficulties all the way through, even if it's just the easiest one so you have access to the October Side Event.

So are you saying that if we complete the easiest level we'll gain access to the best rewards? So we can do Proven objectives and get access to the t5c selector and other stuff, or are the rewards unlocked locked behind the difficulty level you complete this month
    Yes! If you complete even the Heroic difficulty this month, you'll have access to them all next month.
    Wait wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT. This literally changes EVERYTHING. I know the announcement said we only needed to complete one objective set to unlock next month, but it also said everyone was going to get a variation based on progression level: I assumed they were there so completist could farm them all, but you were supposed to do the one that matched your progress level.

If you can literally do *any* of them and unlock *all* of next month, I think that's critical information that has been obfuscated for most players. It means the difficulty of going through the objectives is based on how hard the easiest one is, and that's the proven one. The grind is way less oppressive if that's all you need to do. Since I see people posting Reddit guides and video guides on how to complete the *highest* objective in the easiest possible manner for players, I'm guessing a lot of people are unaware that the easiest path through the objectives is not to try to cheese Cavalier, it is to sleep walk through Proven. Proven is 35 fights in Act 1. That's basically a few autofight paths of low energy.

Sure, you'd be passing up the objective rewards, but come on: who but the completists cares about those. I mean, I'm going to do them all, but no normal human would want to, and I think most people don't know that they don't need to.
    If they had communicated this from the beginning a lot of people would have passed on the harder objectives. The cynic in me believes that they want to see the data on how far they can push the playerbase with ever increasing unreasonable expectations.

If they had released this information from the start, perhaps their data would tell just how much this objective design blows chunks with no one even bothering with the higher tiers.
    A debate for another day. I think right now we need to be communicating to as many players as possible that hey, if you think the objectives suck, yes, they suck, but don't give up on them because you can target Proven and still buy yourself a ticket to October. Unlock the rewards first, complain later.
    What..This was clear from day 1. I even said this in the week 2 thread that people only need to do the lowest objective to unlock next months rewards. This is not new. I can't believe people missed this.

PS: Not saying it is still not bad. I will complete everything since I don't like leaving things unfinished. But, we really need to read a lot more. This is even highlighted in the OP of the quest.
    I read it, and it wasn't clear to me. The announcement doesn't highlight the specific thing I mention and you quote. It does say that completing one objective set unlocks the October event. It does not state that unlocking one objective set unlocks *all* of the reward tiers for the October event. It just says it unlocks the event.

Kabam Mike did say even if you complete the easiest you get access to all next month.

• What was great about side quests is you could do them on your own time. I didn't know I had to complete these solo objectives every week to unlock the following week. So now do I not even get to attempt those other objectives? I just completed the "defeat bishop, iceman etc" as 6* champs
  • Djin said:

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Bigbowlr said:

This is our first month doing this Double Month side quest thing, and we're still learning. I definitely see why this is frustrating though, and even though we tried to lighten the burden by reducing the number of fights from the last week, it might not have been enough.

I can't spoil anything, but I do think that you'll want to complete at least one of these difficulties all the way through, even if it's just the easiest one so you have access to the October Side Event.

So are you saying that if we complete the easiest level we'll gain access to the best rewards? So we can do Proven objectives and get access to the t5c selector and other stuff, or are the rewards unlocked locked behind the difficulty level you complete this month
    Yes! If you complete even the Heroic difficulty this month, you'll have access to them all next month.
    Wait wait wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT. This literally changes EVERYTHING. I know the announcement said we only needed to complete one objective set to unlock next month, but it also said everyone was going to get a variation based on progression level: I assumed they were there so completist could farm them all, but you were supposed to do the one that matched your progress level.

If you can literally do *any* of them and unlock *all* of next month, I think that's critical information that has been obfuscated for most players. It means the difficulty of going through the objectives is based on how hard the easiest one is, and that's the proven one. The grind is way less oppressive if that's all you need to do. Since I see people posting Reddit guides and video guides on how to complete the *highest* objective in the easiest possible manner for players, I'm guessing a lot of people are unaware that the easiest path through the objectives is not to try to cheese Cavalier, it is to sleep walk through Proven. Proven is 35 fights in Act 1. That's basically a few autofight paths of low energy.

Sure, you'd be passing up the objective rewards, but come on: who but the completists cares about those. I mean, I'm going to do them all, but no normal human would want to, and I think most people don't know that they don't need to.
    If they had communicated this from the beginning a lot of people would have passed on the harder objectives. The cynic in me believes that they want to see the data on how far they can push the playerbase with ever increasing unreasonable expectations.

If they had released this information from the start, perhaps their data would tell just how much this objective design blows chunks with no one even bothering with the higher tiers.
    A debate for another day. I think right now we need to be communicating to as many players as possible that hey, if you think the objectives suck, yes, they suck, but don't give up on them because you can target Proven and still buy yourself a ticket to October. Unlock the rewards first, complain later.
    What..This was clear from day 1. I even said this in the week 2 thread that people only need to do the lowest objective to unlock next months rewards. This is not new. I can't believe people missed this.

PS: Not saying it is still not bad. I will complete everything since I don't like leaving things unfinished. But, we really need to read a lot more. This is even highlighted in the OP of the quest.
    I read it, and it wasn't clear to me. The announcement doesn't highlight the specific thing I mention and you quote. It does say that completing one objective set unlocks the October event. It does not state that unlocking one objective set unlocks *all* of the reward tiers for the October event. It just says it unlocks the event.

Kabam Mike did say even if you complete the easiest you get access to all next month.
    Um, yes. That's no longer in question. What we're discussing what players were aware of *before* Kabam Miike posted his reply on the 15th, which I then replied to, when then Pulyaman replied to. Pulyaman asserts that this should have been obvious even before Kabam Miike posted his clarification because the announcement makes this clear. I disagree. We don't disagree on what the requirements actually are at the moment.
  • Week 1 was done just by typical play
    Week 2 was done by running UC EQ, since I already completed Cav
    Week 3 was a bit grindy. Completed a path in 7.2.1 and 7.2.2. Then I find a path in 7.2.3 that gave me 3 or 4 wins and kept repeating. Not the greatest objective, definitely not fun!

It is ironic that when this month started I was wondering what I was going to do with all my spare energy: I had ten energy refills in inventory and twenty in my stash and there was no side quest map to burn it. I now have zero energy refills and still have about two paths to go to complete the Cav objective for the week. It is true that I'm a completist and have been doing literally everything, but I'm also an extremely efficient energy user and this is still the first time in a very long time that I've been completely depleted of energy.

Any side quest activity that can completely deplete me of energy, even temporarily, is at the very least noteworthy in its costs.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Bigbowlr said:

And you can't say the safe interpretation is that any objective tier unlocks everything, for two reasons. First, that's inconsistent with how progression-based rewards works anywhere else in the game. Progression-based rewards tend to follow progression-based content. And second and more importantly, this interpretation fails even within the announcement itself. It states that "you must complete the previous set of objectives before you can see the next set." Completing one tier, say Proven, only causes you to see the next set of Proven objectives. It does not unlock and make visible all of the next set of progression tiers.

So someone who was interpreting the announcement in the way you seem to be would have to assume that doing one set of objectives only unlocks the next set of objectives in the same tier in September, but doing so for the last set of objectives in September unlocks all progress tiers in October, even though the language used is similar, and this would imply the lowest progression tier tasks unlock the highest progression tier rewards, even though that's not something that ordinarily happens.

Honestly, I believe someone interpreting the announcement in that way got lucky, because there's literally no way to know that that was the intent of the announcement from either the language or past normal behavior.
    The reason it was clear for me it was it did not specify any difficulty and just said any objective, so I did not have any doubt. Also, I complete everything, so it did not make a difference to me. But, I can understand how someone else might interpret it a different way.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I used to love this game… spent over a thousand maybe close to 2k… i slowed my spending as i started to hate even despise how ridiculous this game was getting… i just completed the first week of objectives…. Im done. I officially do not care anymore. Kabam is by far the worst company in existence. I don’t have time to grind out a monthly eq let alone a event quest that takes twice as long as a monthly eq. Congrats kabam you killed this game for casual players. Or at least this casual player.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Djin said:

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Bigbowlr said:

Um, yes. That's no longer in question. What we're discussing what players were aware of *before* Kabam Miike posted his reply on the 15th, which I then replied to, when then Pulyaman replied to. Pulyaman asserts that this should have been obvious even before Kabam Miike posted his clarification because the announcement makes this clear. I disagree. We don't disagree on what the requirements actually are at the moment.
    - I dislike this kind of „monthly Side Quest“ (just doing way too many Objectives)
    - I did not do them all, because I understood the big „You only have to do one!“ exactly the way that I only have to complete one
    - Week 2 was the worst so far, Week 3 would be okay (I haven‘t touched Act 7 yet and did not 100% anything of Act 6) for me
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    How to make this month more bearable. Just replace "with a 3 star x y z" with "3 star or above x y z"... then instead of doing "complete quest y" do it "complete quest y or above". That way if you do the highest difficulty, it auto completes the lower difficulties.

Another option is keep the grind, keep it long... just buff the rewards accordingly. The 6 star shards this month have been terrible when compared to an average month with a side quest.

Tried to be constructive and offer solutions rather than just complain cos I enjoy the game for the most part.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

How to make this month more bearable. Just replace "with a 3 star x y z" with "3 star or above x y z"... then instead of doing "complete quest y" do it "complete quest y or above". That way if you do the highest difficulty, it auto completes the lower difficulties.

Another option is keep the grind, keep it long... just buff the rewards accordingly. The 6 star shards this month have been terrible when compared to an average month with a side quest.

Tried to be constructive and offer solutions rather than just complain cos I enjoy the game for the most part.

I made this same suggestion for the snapshots and the EQ objectives. Agreed.
  • SormorSormor Posts: 14
    Honestly the best thing they could do at this point is just allow everyone access to October's side objectives, regardless of whether or not they completed September's. Personally I was already fighting burn out in the game before the grindy side objectives, so trying to force myself to grind for fairly pitiful rewards just to maybe get something better next month is probably not happening.