**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone else have their attacks whiffing more than usual?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I'm in Act 6, trying to complete the objectives. For some reason, things seem a bit off. It's as if the window during which a champ can't be hit when they've been knocked down has been increased slightly. Normally, I'd just throw my Punisher 2099's SP2 and then immediately run into the opponent and start wailing on them, but when I reach them now, my first attack or so just whiffs past them. Likewise, I was in the corner with the 6.1.1 Sabertooth boss, Doom-slapping him and having a grand ol' time when, suddenly, he was slapping my Doom with an almighty furry fury. I was standing right next to him and my heavy just didn't connect, which then gave him an opening to immediately counterattack me to a very untimely death.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

A lot of timing things are still off. Ive stopped using HB for the time being because his Heavy started to whiff a lot again, or he'd be attacked before he could heavy spam against champs that were on the spam-safe list.

Same. I used him against Nimrod on completion and heavy spammed him into oblivion. Tried it during exploration and got countered each time
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Twice in aq map 7 buffed up lane venom vs vulture I threw my sp1 on the 4th hit and he blocked it. Twice. I just assumed my timing was off.
  • ljdr77ljdr77 Posts: 62
    This isn't exactly the same thing, but I just had RoL Winter Soldier interrupt Hulkbuster after the first hit of his SP2 before the beam. So many weird little things happening that hopefully get fixed during maintenance Tuesday.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i've noticed that some champs have a higher reaction time to getting back up after being knocked down. storm x and g2099 to name a few. i tried probably 3 times to heavy spam in v6 with venom against g2099, and after about 3 heavies, she just gets up and does a 5 hit combo
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Noticed that when i spammed heavy with CW in the corner.
  • ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    Yeah its happening much lately. Sometimes I miss my specials too.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

i've noticed that some champs have a higher reaction time to getting back up after being knocked down. storm x and g2099 to name a few. i tried probably 3 times to heavy spam in v6 with venom against g2099, and after about 3 heavies, she just gets up and does a 5 hit combo

It has always been like this, you can't safely heavy spam Storm (OG and X), Guilly (OG and 2099), Venom the Duck and Jane Foster, they recover from the knock-down too fast and you can just hope that they will block instead of attacking you. These are the ones that I remember, but i'm fairly sure that there's another champion that i always forgot ^_^
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

It has always been like this, you can't safely heavy spam Storm (OG and X), Guilly (OG and 2099), Venom the Duck and Jane Foster, they recover from the knock-down too fast and you can just hope that they will block instead of attacking you. These are the ones that I remember, but i'm fairly sure that there's another champion that i always forgot ^_^
    There was a post in bug section about storm x (3-4 months ago).
    There is a glitch, it was proven there was no standing up animation, she teleports to standing up after being in knocked down position.

But in case of g99 she just recovers fast no bug there.

Edit: here's the link to storm X recovery bug
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/217218/storm-pyramid-x-animation-bug
    There was a bigger thread than this, which I recall was under a different header.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Even my MVP (6 star HB) has been whiffing leaves a lit more than it happened before
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    My Light attack went through Hit-Monkey
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    this is turning into a constant issue, really annoying.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Definitely been seeing this more!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Yes, it's like they all have Limber or something.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 299 ★★
    Yes, definitely yes. I've been trying to do some unexplored paths in act6 for the weeklies and between parry and this I could hardly do anything for uncol milestones without spending additional resources, which should not be an issue. Frankly, I try not to throw this kind of accusations but the way it's played right now (we are asked to do late game content with bugs that at least make it harder, at most hardly possible in a somewhat limited time to have access to future event) starts to look more and more like a money grabbing plot forcing us to spend on potions and revives.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Speeds80 said:

In aq today I’m just being hit mid combo, don’t even see a lag, I’m just getting hit by a combo or special when I was half way through my combo

Thought it was just me. Glad to see it isn't the players but the game is the problem.