**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Nightcrawler start in Swashbuckling Mode?

FugitorFugitor Posts: 46
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Would be easier for attack both ways.

Should Nightcrawler start in Swashbuckling Mode? 64 votes

Yes
15% 10 votes
No
84% 54 votes

Comments

• ChunkChunk Posts: 67
    Swashbuckling is the mode that takes away his biggest defense, why would they change that?
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    because he is an attacker and a defender. why wouldn't he start in attack mode?
  • FugitorFugitor Posts: 46
    Lurker wrote: »

Ikr
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

That argument goes either way. Why wouldn't he start in defense mode?
  • ChunkChunk Posts: 67
    Every champion is an attacker and defender. Nightcrawler, however, specializes in defense apposed to attacking.
    Yeah i do agree a lot wih that.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    He maybe could have a 50/50 chance or something like that to start with one or the other mode ...

• italian_treeitalian_tree Posts: 79
    No man it's part of the game and I don't even know why you're asking that. If you can't fight a NC get skilled and practice fighting him.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »

That argument goes either way. Why wouldn't he start in defense mode?

Because in defense mode he does what his character was made to do, teleport to avoid damage and attack.
    Starting him in SB would just make him even more useless for AW (forced diversity took away most of his usefulness).
    Why am I being flagged :D
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Why change what isn't broken?
  • SkellingtonSkellington Posts: 20
    Why do I have a feeling you got wreck'd by a nightcrawler and came here to make a post?
    Why do I have a feeling you got wreck'd by a nightcrawler and came here to make a post?

Ermm ;)
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Fugitor wrote: »
    Would be easier for attack both ways.

NO. NO. NO.

Why are people still complaining about NC? AW was already nerfed to appease the less skilled. What more do you want?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    That would make him a pretty **** champ.
  • jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    Yeah they nerfed him a bit with diversity points but hes still highly regarded and almost guaranteed the main boss spot a lot of the time.. Not much diversity there.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I can honestly see both sides of the argument. Once he's awakened, most big alliances don't rely on him as much because he's easier to switch modes. My NC is R4 sig 50 and hasn't seen a war since the war got changed weeks ago. I actually think he's a good attacker when in swashbuckling mode but don't use him very much because I hate having to switch him each fight. For defense, I want him to start in evade mode.

Why not make these multi-mode champs have the user control which mode they start with. Some of the champs with mode-switching capabilities include: NC, Spidergwen, Winter Soldier, and Beast.

When you place them in defense or when you click the "start fight" button, just a simple pop-up with the available modes comes up, you select it and proceed. The in-game mechanics remain the same if you want to switch modes. More user control, and everyone gets to use the champs the way they want to.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    This would just make him even easier than he is now.

Only saving grace this would offer is arena grinding/questing. As taking to time to switch him when using him sucks.

If anything it should be
    "When player controlled, NC starts fight in Swashbuckling mode. When AI controlled, NC starts the fight in Neyaphem mode."

But wanting NC to start the fight in SB, when fighting against him just screams how bad you are. Not calling you bad, but if the shoe fits.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Strange that it is easier [for me] to get NC [debuff immune] to swashbuckling mode with a skill champ compared with other class.
  • Yeah they nerfed him a bit with diversity points but hes still highly regarded and almost guaranteed the main boss spot a lot of the time.. Not much diversity there.
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    i've got a solution:
    better stop crying and learn how to fight. easy
  • Either way he still would be a good character in my opinion but sometimes it is annoying to fight him
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    jcruz2133 wrote: »
    Yeah they nerfed him a bit with diversity points but hes still highly regarded and almost guaranteed the main boss spot a lot of the time.. Not much diversity there.

What tier war are u in that nc is normally a boss spot? He’s rarely even miniboss spot anymore bc he’s fairly easy to beat compared to other minibosses. Just have to play patiently. Maybe next poll can ask whether spidey should be abl to evade?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

My entire ally jumps for joy when we see NC on boss node. It’s a free kill.
  • TukaTukaTukaTuka Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    They should just take it off... he evade before going into the mode and I rarely see people using it.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    As far as NC (debuff immune)(unduped)(mini-boss) etc., I don't know why he is called "easy" by anyone.
    The fact that some of you have gained enough skill to fight him really well, after dying MANY times to get to that point if we're being honest here, is not the same thing as him being EASY in general. Same for Magik and others.

I can destroy Magik, and Hyperion, and never had any trouble with Mephisto, but at the same time would not call any of them "easy". NC is still a problem for me in certain cases because I have not gained enough time practicing. Some have to the point of it being easy for you now but many of you haven't always from the start.

Fact is, the Champs you have available make a difference too.