**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

please clear this once for all

Please mod can u tell us on what bases the war matchmaking is decide....
because definetly it is not decide on war rating anymore.... looks like some new system is added to to war match up...
can u tell us on what bases it is decided...
Alliance prestige or alliance rating ???

Comments

• Everyone, he means 'basis'... makes 1000x more sense now lol
  • sorry typo error... lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's based on War Rating.
  • Impossible... it isnt on war rating anymore....
    if it is on war rating we wud get perfect war matching as per that... but sinc last 2 weeks it is not as per war rating...
    seems it a glitch in match making which need a fix....
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    It's on War Rating, THEN total alliance PI.

Used to only be on War Rating.
  • It's based on War Rating.

I really want to believe this is the case, but the last 5 or so wars (at least from the perspective of my alliance) dont make any sense. We have been hypothesizing that prestige might be a part of AW matchmaking now and here is why: Our alliance is ranked only 11.4 million give or take but we have an average prestige of around 5400. Our last 5 wars have been against the following: 13.6 mill, 12.8 mill, 14.3 mill, 12.9 mill and 14.1 mill. Not once were we even close to a single alliance we have faced over the past 5 wars. Sure, I get that match-ups vary..... but 5 in a row? AW rating is all over the place, some are as high as 250 AW rating points higher than us and some as low as 200 below.

In my opinion, none of this adds up and it is becoming increasingly hard to win wars against alliance with rosters of 13mill +
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    War rating + timing + group size (1,2,3 group). Recent anecdotal evidence suggests they've relaxed some thresholds so they'll just match on whoever is looking at the time and not wait up to 30 minutes for a closer war rating match.
    And I have sent a production invoice to netmarble for some 3rd party work, so technically I "work" for the company.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited November 2017
    Kabam has dropped the proverbial hammer on ally swapping. kudos to them. Essentially now they know know the formula for success, so they match teams based not only War Rating, but also on Alliance rating. In fact there is a real possibility for a re-organized alliance or swapping alliance to lose more wars then they win yet increase their war rating. That is because a Win can sometimes reward +120 points while in that same match you are going up against a team where a loss is only -25. Once again, I tip my cap to Kabam on how the secretly manipulate the system behind the scene to punish play styles they disagree with. We just got matched with a 1300 war rating ally when we are only 1000, 300 point difference. But we are both 15 mil alliances. hmmmmmm . . . . yes were are re-organized.
  • I understood they changed the system of war matching... but how can a ally which is 3 mil lower than their opponents can beat the pi rating ... we getting unfair match all the time with this new match making system...
    not even a single mod is ready to reply about the new system of war match... why they beimg quite...
  • cab any mof help us to reply about war matchmaking please
  • SlipdripSlipdrip Posts: 24
    Bump. I would also like to hear a response from Kabam on this subject. Something has definitely changed over the past month or two with matchmaking, which is fine. I just want a little more of that transparency we were promised so we can all respond accordingly to the change. As it stands, we're throwing darts in the dark trying to figure out why 13 of our last 14 opponents have had higher defender ratings and 10 of those 13 opponents were the same 3 alliances we keep getting matched with. We're all getting tired of knowing we will lose the war as soon as attack phase begins and we see who we're matched up against.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s war rating but also who is available when you start a search. You might not have an alliance with a similar war rating searching at the same time as you
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Just war rating and when an opponent within a certain range of your war rating starts match making.

so the question that needs to be answered is, what exactly is that range and how do the tiers change this range.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    Alliance rating means nothing really just means you have alot of 3* and 2* maxed out you have a low alliance rating but have high alliance prestige. Depends on when you started playing this game really. Player rating mean nothing really other than you collect alot of champions
  • FineFine Posts: 78
    Our matches (Tier 1-2) have been near perfect for the last couple of weeks. Its been nice getting matched up to very similar alliances. Keep it up Kabam.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Seems to be random now, get matched up with any ally in your tier. Which it should be IMO
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    I started a new alliances and even working st the bottom we’re facing alliances that are equal to us in prestige/defender rating. Some have had 400 more AW rating than us. Not one lesser of an alliance as we had thought. This is teir 8 in AW.
  • The game team might had warm them not answer about matchmaking the reason mods are not replying....
    they are not even interested to tell us...they reading our post but keeping silent on the topic of matchmaking...
    it getting annoying... again from last 7 wars being matching up with ally wer we are no by near to their alliance pi rating....
    i think they are giving advantage to top allies with the new system of match making.
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    bump bump bump
  • There is a lot of errors there mate.

"There ARE a lot of errors there, mate."

;)
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    There is a lot of errors there mate.

"There ARE a lot of errors there, mate."

;)

:smiley:
  • i know calling a mod is against forum... but for getting it clear i am tagging mod...
    @Ad0ra_ can you please help to clear this
    it will be helpfull for the community