**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Should I Feel about this Pull?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Bro I literally pulled the same thing last night. Heard good things about him

Twinsies
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I have one and haven’t used mine. But I hear he’s quite good. Unsure but I think awakening helps, at least as far as immunity to things like fate seal.

Dr. Zola
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel has all the information you need
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel

I Call upon thee to inform me about the Negative Mister
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Bittersteel will surely speak soon.

Negative is good, he's pretty cool, he's beautifully animated and he doesn't really need Awakened. Durable with amazing block proficiency on SP1, good regen on SP3 and potentially crippling Degeneration on SP2.
    Really useful in matches like Buffet and Power Snack thanks to Nullify Immunity.

One downside is how dependent he is on activating his Heavy-evade to get Dark Energy. Against opponents who go Unstoppable or counter Evade, he's seriously impaired. So that's a fair few Skill champs; and opponents like IMIW, Ghost, or really anyone on a True Focus node :-(
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    I think your therapist can help with your feelings related to Mr. Negative.

Otherwise, consider this a Mr. Positive pull. Congrats.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

bittersteel himself barely use him post True Focus and I read and spy on LINE Chat groups
    so my tip to you OP, get in touch with these LINE groups and spy in the background, people there don't notice how
    they get sometimes a bit too honest or hypocrite

I don't know what this means

I still use Negative a lot even with true focus.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    i just took mine up to R3. NO REGERTS. i love him ..if for animation alone he was worthy lol. he has a unique play style but his usefulness is definitely there. his degen is insane at 15-20 Dark Energy (DE) .. heck even 6 or so depending on health pool ... his SP3 from Light Energy (LE) is no small thing .. he can heal a LOT when LE is stacked.

i like to rank champs that i just have fun playing and Mister Negative is definitely fun to play. I'm still having a time trying to stack DE high enough but I'll learn lol

i just took mine up to R3. NO REGERTS. i love him ..if for animation alone he was worthy lol. he has a unique play style but his usefulness is definitely there. his degen is insane at 15-20 Dark Energy (DE) .. heck even 6 or so depending on health pool ... his SP3 from Light Energy (LE) is no small thing .. he can heal a LOT when LE is stacked.

i like to rank champs that i just have fun playing and Mister Negative is definitely fun to play. I'm still having a time trying to stack DE high enough but I'll learn lol

Yesss congrats on getting him to rank 3, is yours duped I can't remember?

For dark energy, I find getting to 9 light energy first and then converting is best. That way it won't expire, and instead of converting 3 or 4 light energy at a time (which can get confusing thinking on the fly in a fight, how many until 9?) you can keep track of it a lot easier. Then go again, and try and get 9+ light energy then convert!
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Watch MP Blaze on YT. His Mr. Negative war gameplay is amazing too watch.

Watch MP Blaze on YT. His Mr. Negative war gameplay is amazing too watch.

Yeah MP Blaze and also Kaitu are the two youtubers I watch for Mr Negative content

https://www.youtube.com/c/KaituMCOC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yg5lp69uaT_Id9GEsHvxg
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Awesome

So that's a fair few Skill champs; and opponents like IMIW, Ghost, or really anyone on a True Focus node :-(

I must have missed this comment last time, but I just wanted to clarify that you can get around someone like IMIW’s evade counter

I figured out that if you bait a heavy attack, you can use the non-repulsor attacks to evade counter.

https://youtu.be/HVQoIyACMiM

In terms of champs that will just counter his evade, night thrasher, ghost, agent venom, black widow, crossbones, DDHK, Jabari, Nick fury, Apoc and prof X will all stop the evade from occurring, but seeing as most are skill champs, it’s pretty easy to avoid.

A few more to watch out for are Rhino, only evade when he’s backed into the corner so he can’t dash you, or dash back and dex his unstoppable attack, then charge heavy so he should play into you.

Weapon X goes unstoppable when an opponent evades you

Make sure not to evade counter anyone while they’re unstoppable like Jugg or UC.

Be careful not to do it too often against someone like Hit Monkey, since he gets an evade counter if you evade.

Be careful against Odin, heimdall or Red Guardian who can get evade counters by using specials.