**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine actually has a ton of potential

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
4K health per 200k health-pool enemy, with recovery that’s 15% more. Her healing will be nuts. With all the attack to I think she will be a Longshot level champ. Seems very fun to use on resistor
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Healing seems really good for me. She isn’t the mystic Hercules but that wasn’t the guarantee. Healing is passive so no matter what it’s in her rotation. One pot a fight actually adds up especially with all the attack.

(Also if a champ has insane regen, you can let them heal to full then sp2 to siphon more healing off them)

She seems great, just not god tier.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

4K health per 200k health-pool enemy, with recovery that’s 15% more. Her healing will be nuts. With all the attack to I think she will be a Longshot level champ. Seems very fun to use on resistor

I kind of thought that for half a second.

Then I thought "but why not just use Longshot? Or Dr Voodoo? Or Morningstar? Or Mordo? Heck, or Ronan?

There are a lot of champs way, way better at punishing buffs. She gets +5% bleed accuracy per buff.

A best, it's an afterthought. She is not going to be a champion you think "Hey I'll take her on that Resistor path" when so many people could do it better; and every other Mystic except Mephisto could at least power up on Mystic Dispersion.

And no, her healing won't be Nuts. It'll be weak but reliable to heal up a bit of chip damage. Better than nothing, but not something you're going to really rely on:

Let's throw that SP3 at 15 Soul charges, giving you +90% Attack: you'll do 3300 damage per 3 seconds, 15 times over.

The damage is okay - 49,500 degeneration is nothing to sneeze at. But at 2% Life Steal, you'll only heal 990 health from that over a period of 45 seconds. That's less than half the health Wolverine recovers in four seconds from a single Regeneration buff.

By contrast, Mr Negative - not normally thought of as a Regeneration champ - can gain 7600 Health from his SP3. It's harder, to be sure. But there is no way you can look at New Guillotine and see her regeneration as Improved, or really anything other than 'meh'.

I'll try her out. But I'm not looking forward to it, any more.
    This is what I’m afraid of as well—the heal, even with Recovery, is relatively small. In the mystic class, there are several champs with robust regeneration (Sasquatch, Claire, e.g.) and far more utility. She doesn’t have to be at CV level, but healing the equivalent of a lower level pot doesn’t add up to much.

It mystifies me and I hope I am missing something.

Dr. Zola
    None of them have continuous Regen, based on all Damage.
    Well, with the exception of Sorcerer Supreme. Even then, it's limited to being active, and using Block.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Then I thought "but why not just use Longshot? Or Dr Voodoo? Or Morningstar? Or Mordo? Heck, or Ronan?

There are a lot of champs way, way better at punishing buffs. She gets +5% bleed accuracy per buff.

A best, it's an afterthought. She is not going to be a champion you think "Hey I'll take her on that Resistor path" when so many people could do it better; and every other Mystic except Mephisto could at least power up on Mystic Dispersion.

And no, her healing won't be Nuts. It'll be weak but reliable to heal up a bit of chip damage. Better than nothing, but not something you're going to really rely on:

Let's throw that SP3 at 15 Soul charges, giving you +90% Attack: you'll do 3300 damage per 3 seconds, 15 times over.

The damage is okay - 49,500 degeneration is nothing to sneeze at. But at 2% Life Steal, you'll only heal 990 health from that over a period of 45 seconds. That's less than half the health Wolverine recovers in four seconds from a single Regeneration buff.

By contrast, Mr Negative - not normally thought of as a Regeneration champ - can gain 7600 Health from his SP3. It's harder, to be sure. But there is no way you can look at New Guillotine and see her regeneration as Improved, or really anything other than 'meh'.

This is what I’m afraid of as well—the heal, even with Recovery, is relatively small. In the mystic class, there are several champs with robust regeneration (Sasquatch, Claire, e.g.) and far more utility. She doesn’t have to be at CV level, but healing the equivalent of a lower level pot doesn’t add up to much.

Dr. Zola
    From the preview, Guilly gets 2% of all damage dealt, which we can amplify by another 15% for Recovery, making it 2.3%. Unless there’s more, consider that when/if she levels a 50K Sp2, that’s 1150 points of health returned.

CV Sp2 on curse of blood regens 35% of all damage dealt, amplified by Recovery to 40.25%. For the same amount of health recovery, CV would need to deal 2857 damage on a Sp2.

Continuous is nice. But it looks like a continuous trickle on paper.

Add that to the demolition of her Sp3 and it doesn’t feel like a buff. The importance of that Sp3 gets referenced by @TheKiryu in a link from one of my posts I can’t find anymore.

Understand: I’ve got the 6* awakened. I’ve got 95%+ of a another mystic T5. I’m rooting for her to be great and for me to be wrong—but it doesn’t look like she will be.

Dr. Zola
    We will have to see I suppose. I can understand why it wouldn't be tremendously high. If a Champ could just Regen any Damage they took from Fight to Fight, that would most certainly be conficting to content. Not to mention a pain to fight.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Healing seems really good for me. She isn’t the mystic Hercules but that wasn’t the guarantee. Healing is passive so no matter what it’s in her rotation. One pot a fight actually adds up especially with all the attack.

(Also if a champ has insane regen, you can let them heal to full then sp2 to siphon more healing off them)

She seems great, just not god tier.

Diablo, claire and Morningstar, Sasquatch have good healing this is not good.
    Clair/Diablo have insane regen. Guillotine still has great regen, just not insane
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Not sure how to feel yet. Im still happy that I took my hood to R3
    Saiyan said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    From the preview, Guilly gets 2% of all damage dealt, which we can amplify by another 15% for Recovery, making it 2.3%. Unless there’s more, consider that when/if she levels a 50K Sp2, that’s 1150 points of health returned.

CV Sp2 on curse of blood regens 35% of all damage dealt, amplified by Recovery to 40.25%. For the same amount of health recovery, CV would need to deal 2857 damage on a Sp2.

Continuous is nice. But it looks like a continuous trickle on paper.

Add that to the demolition of her Sp3 and it doesn’t feel like a buff. The importance of that Sp3 gets referenced by @TheKiryu in a link from one of my posts I can’t find anymore.

Understand: I’ve got the 6* awakened. I’ve got 95%+ of a another mystic T5. I’m rooting for her to be great and for me to be wrong—but it doesn’t look like she will be.

Dr. Zola
    We will have to see I suppose. I can understand why it wouldn't be tremendously high. If a Champ could just Regen any Damage they took from Fight to Fight, that would most certainly be conficting to content. Not to mention a pain to fight.
    What's your definition of "regen any damage from fight to fight" is? 100% health after every fight?

If not then we already have champs with crazy levels of regen. King Groot is a good example. Hell Morningstar's life steal puts in work like crazy and its only a 20% chance to work yet I see it happen all the time in fights and it keeps her topped up easy even with her low base damage.

Why couldn't they just added the rupture to her sig then make her life steal have a 20% chance and work off souls like it already does?

I saw a quote today that was 100% true for her new regen. "Now it's gonna be consistently disappointing rather than inconsistently amazing"
    They're not active at all times, without fail. Save for depending on Damage.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 265 ★★★
    It feels like whoever worked on her rework forgot she's in the mystic class.
    Hood buff retained his fate seal / buff nullifying ability
    Diablo buff amplified the DOT aspect via poison but also gave him mystic archtype abilities via the prefight option

Just can't see guillotine's place among other mystics when considering cav eq or act7 nodes involving mystics.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★

An overhaul mystic champ without nullify.

Very funny
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    xNig said:

4.6k health?

Sounds like 2 blocked hits with High Ground..
    More like one blocked hit from 6.2 Champion. Oh and she's the only mystic that cannot do that fight except Dragon Man