**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Potions And Boost As Compensation Rewards

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Jaded said:

OGAvenger said:

Jaded said:

I never said they shouldn’t give us normal questing revives. But you can’t demand something that they said you shouldn’t do.

I barely used revives on the champion challenge, so the last big content was SOP finale which I 100% both.

I’ll take all “assistance” but I won’t make demands. I’m happy with everything coming in.

We didn’t ask and we don’t care.

Your abundance of lvl 1 revives and potions means nothing to, I’d imagine, just about everyone
    Two sides but everyone is so explosive rn they feel only their problem matters. Good luck people!
    Nope. Not the issue at all. In a time where bugs are infesting the game (obvious multiple month issue) your specific problem of having extra items that you could’ve just spent hours upon hours grinding for (who knows) means absolutely nothing
    I was not complaining…I don’t have a problem. I’m okay having my inventory and if they sent out more I wouldn’t complain. If they send nothing for normal questing, I also won’t complain. I spend more time doing only aq/aw then anything else. So I like those packages. People that want to do permanent content can wait, not ideally but you can also farm revives to offset the problem till more decisions are made or a proper argument can be assessed to convince kabam to send out those packages. Getting upset on the forums over wanting something isn’t going to win people over.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I actually liked the Glory, but as it is I have absolutely zero use for these packages

I guess I can sell the stuff.

I can sell it, right?
  • hobohobo Posts: 86
    I agree I am spending money on solo quests help and revives These Alliance Quest items are not helping me for what I am spending money on
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    *Also, for the record, I'm still sitting on Revs from the Comp., so I really have nothing invested. I just see that there's a lack of attention at one area.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Typhoon said:

“Don’t do hard content” doesn’t really hold water as long as there is time-sensitive content to be played. There is an argument for avoiding story mode, special quests, variants, etc. since they are permanent. But to say “don’t play hard content” is asinine.

Yeah if someone complains they can’t do act 6, I don’t think it matters. Act 6 will be there once the bug is over. But someone who can’t do Shang, Up Up Down Down or EQ has a fair point.
    Permanent content may be still be around but for someone missing out on the benefits of of Cavalier or TB because they have to wait for the big fix, waiting becomes quite costly. People may have missed being able to participate in Cav EQ, SOP, etc because they can’t complete it with the bugs. These delays have rippling effects. It’s pretty ridiculous for Kabam to say we understand and will compensate for alliance content but ignore the impact everywhere else.
    I definitely appreciate that is a very unfortunate situation to be stuck in. One thing I would say, and please don’t take this as brushing off the concern because I absolutely do understand, is that at least that is a minority of people. I’m not saying that excuses the situation however.

Additionally, this is another reason to send out solo revives, if someone wants to push for TB or Cav, or the next level basically, then they can use those revives to do so.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★

Nix2222 said:

Typhoon said:

“Don’t do hard content” doesn’t really hold water as long as there is time-sensitive content to be played. There is an argument for avoiding story mode, special quests, variants, etc. since they are permanent. But to say “don’t play hard content” is asinine.

Yeah if someone complains they can’t do act 6, I don’t think it matters. Act 6 will be there once the bug is over. But someone who can’t do Shang, Up Up Down Down or EQ has a fair point.
    Permanent content may be still be around but for someone missing out on the benefits of of Cavalier or TB because they have to wait for the big fix, waiting becomes quite costly. People may have missed being able to participate in Cav EQ, SOP, etc because they can’t complete it with the bugs. These delays have rippling effects. It’s pretty ridiculous for Kabam to say we understand and will compensate for alliance content but ignore the impact everywhere else.
    I definitely appreciate that is a very unfortunate situation to be stuck in. One thing I would say, and please don’t take this as brushing off the concern because I absolutely do understand, is that at least that is a minority of people. I’m not saying that excuses the situation however.

Additionally, this is another reason to send out solo revives, if someone wants to push for TB or Cav, or the next level basically, then they can use those revives to do so.
    No, I know you have been a big advocate for everyone so that was definitely not directed at you, just an addition. You have been a great advocate for all players overall.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Typhoon said:

No, I know you have been a big advocate for everyone so that was definitely not directed at you, just an addition. You have been a great advocate for all players overall.
    Thank you, I just wanted to clarify :)
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    While I appreciate the compensation, like many here I have a few weeks unclaimed because in the end I’ll sell it when it’s time to. That being said it seems Kabam just forgot that we play the other game modes for progression of our accounts as well.
    In the end free is free I just want them to fix the issues or it might be time to stop playing.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Bruh, why no glory

Jaded said:

Odachi said:

Or just normal revives and potions, i cant tell you the amount of units ive spent on parry and lag issues during 7.2 exploration, its horrible. But eh, ive stopped complaining, if this goes on for another month without the appropriate compensation that a lot of players need then i'll simply leave this game, very simply.

100% this, these compensation packs we've been give are to encourage us to do normal AQ and AW because they acknowledge their game isn't working as it should. So, we are just supposed to not do any story mode or abyss etc? What about players who get wiped in cav event quest because they miss a combo? Can hardly say its because of the unit values, those are huge AW pots and they cost a ton of units to buy.
    Well normal questing is a choice, typically most people are in alliances and they make requirements to run aq/aw. So they are taking some of that stress away by giving us aw/aq assistance.

If they gave me revives for normal questing they’d go into overflow as well and nothing to use them on. So there are two sides to the coin here.
    Monthly EQ, Up Up Down Down challenge and Shang Chi challenge are all pieces of content that have timers. You can't say "just don't do it" and expect it to be any sort of relevant comment.

It just seems a bit disingenuous to say revives would go into the overflow for you, you are not a representative of the wider community. Neither am I. We are both end game players who have very few issues completing this timed content, but players not as advanced will. Players who are dying in meaningful scenarios due to the bug need these revives to not dip into resources, and to deny that is pretty callous.

I have nothing in the game that I would benefit from getting those revives for, (except carina challenges but as they are permanent, it doesn't matter), but I am a huge proponent of people getting those revives because it's what is fair, not because I have revives in overflow.

To be clear, anyone complaining that we are getting too much AQ and AW compensation can zip it, don't complain about too much compensation that is literally it's job. But if someone is complaining that we have too much AQ and AW compared to questing, and questing should be increased - that is a very, very different matter indeed.
    This is what I was trying to convey. My wording is poor.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    Jaded said:

Odachi said:

Or just normal revives and potions, i cant tell you the amount of units ive spent on parry and lag issues during 7.2 exploration, its horrible. But eh, ive stopped complaining, if this goes on for another month without the appropriate compensation that a lot of players need then i'll simply leave this game, very simply.

100% this, these compensation packs we've been give are to encourage us to do normal AQ and AW because they acknowledge their game isn't working as it should. So, we are just supposed to not do any story mode or abyss etc? What about players who get wiped in cav event quest because they miss a combo? Can hardly say its because of the unit values, those are huge AW pots and they cost a ton of units to buy.
    Well normal questing is a choice, typically most people are in alliances and they make requirements to run aq/aw. So they are taking some of that stress away by giving us aw/aq assistance.

If they gave me revives for normal questing they’d go into overflow as well and nothing to use them on. So there are two sides to the coin here.
    Choice? How dumb. Everything in game is a choice. Non alliance stuff is still affected. So only AQ/AW help is meaningless especially when many have this stuff expiring on a regular basis.

Just because something is free, doesn't mean it's meaningful for thr impact the problems have had. And what happened to the glory? You give me pots and potions that expire or sell for dirt cheap because the storage capacity and time in stash suck. You give loyalty which comes from war, HT you stopped giving glory we get from AQ because Glory is what we all actually value.

So they're pretty much saying it's no sweat off their back to give us junk we don't need because there is no real value for many. Glory is value because we can actually rank Champs with it.

And just because you don't use regular pots and such doesn't mean others don't as well. The point of that argument is its completely ignoring a major part of the game most play. And the problems in game extend there as well. But it has been completely ignored in compensation.

I haven't claimed compensation since the last one that had glory. The emails just sit.
    crogs said:

Jaded said:

Odachi said:

Choice? How dumb. Everything in game is a choice. Non alliance stuff is still affected. So only AQ/AW help is meaningless especially when many have this stuff expiring on a regular basis.

Just because something is free, doesn't mean it's meaningful for thr impact the problems have had. And what happened to the glory? You give me pots and potions that expire or sell for dirt cheap because the storage capacity and time in stash suck. You give loyalty which comes from war, HT you stopped giving glory we get from AQ because Glory is what we all actually value.

So they're pretty much saying it's no sweat off their back to give us junk we don't need because there is no real value for many. Glory is value because we can actually rank Champs with it.

And just because you don't use regular pots and such doesn't mean others don't as well. The point of that argument is its completely ignoring a major part of the game most play. And the problems in game extend there as well. But it has been completely ignored in compensation.

I haven't claimed compensation since the last one that had glory. The emails just sit.
    Clearly you didn’t read any other posts. I never said they shouldn’t give out normal questing resources. I’m saying don’t complain about aq/aw assistance packages because people do need or want them. I never said anything about glory. You’re just spilling all your problems on me. Submit a ticket to kabam if you want to heard. Again, I was saying I can understand why they haven’t sent out normal questing resources, this doesn’t equate to me saying they shouldn’t. I don’t have content to do outside of carina challenges which I’m not overly interested in doing anyways. So aq/aw revives/pots are great for me, it’s my only focus till 7.3 comes out.

People need to take some time to really read what is put out here before slamming everyone to death about their problems. Not everyone has the same needs but everyone is effected by these problems. Sure I’ll take extra glory too, but again not going to make those demands because I can earn what I need in AQ especially with the assistance packages sent out.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    I hate to jump aboard this bandwagon and complain about free items that kabam is giving out, but alot of these posts are correct, most of this stuff ends up expiring.
    I don't AW so those are just useless for me, but ok alot of people do run wars, but we only run map 5 in AQ and I find my self trying to play bad so I can use these things before they expire.
    Again I hate to complain about free stuff and I get that u guys at kabam are def damned if u do and damned if u don't but seeing as how this problems seems to be "Neverending" can u please get a little more creative with comp packages.

Just an idea but maybe give summoners a choice the same old AQ/AW packs or maybe a 2nd choice that may have less stuff but atleast it'll be dif. Likeep bring back the glory, throw in a bug Chunk of gold, I'm not going to insult u guys and ask for start 6* shards but maybe some crystals that give us a **** at some and can have things like t5b & t2a shards, not huge amounts, I'm not trying to be unreasonable maybe some t1 alpha, everyone always needs those, etc.
    U get my point by now, mix it up a little bit please, I'm so tired of having to sell usfull items because they are expiring.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    Hell if nothing else increase out inventory on those items or atleast give us a longer time in overflow before they expire.
  • RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    I like to be Switzerland in these kind of post.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    RO53TT1 said:

I hate to jump aboard this bandwagon and complain about free items that kabam is giving out, but alot of these posts are correct, most of this stuff ends up expiring.
    I don't AW so those are just useless for me, but ok alot of people do run wars, but we only run map 5 in AQ and I find my self trying to play bad so I can use these things before they expire.
    Again I hate to complain about free stuff and I get that u guys at kabam are def damned if u do and damned if u don't but seeing as how this problems seems to be "Neverending" can u please get a little more creative with comp packages.

Just an idea but maybe give summoners a choice the same old AQ/AW packs or maybe a 2nd choice that may have less stuff but atleast it'll be dif. Likeep bring back the glory, throw in a bug Chunk of gold, I'm not going to insult u guys and ask for start 6* shards but maybe some crystals that give us a **** at some and can have things like t5b & t2a shards, not huge amounts, I'm not trying to be unreasonable maybe some t1 alpha, everyone always needs those, etc.
    U get my point by now, mix it up a little bit please, I'm so tired of having to sell usfull items because they are expiring.

All good points and suggestions imo. Kabam isn’t damned if they do, damned if they don’t. They’re damned if they don’t, and they’re damned if they do the same comp package over and over again that a significant portion of the player community either doesn’t need or want.

Isn’t war in the off-season? These war boosts are all gonna expire by the time the next season starts. I shouldn’t have claimed them, but I tend to do that on reflex and I’m sure I’m not alone.

But it feels like they literally curated out the most valuable revives, pots etc and now overflow us w the stuff we need the least. It’s just super annoying to want/need a revive for story, specifically because of bugs, and all you have is 500 team AQ revives.

And the forums are filled w reasonable ideas that could help but don’t get implemented. Little to no discussion/feedback from the mods. Maybe I can convert 50 AQ revives into a regular actually useful revive, a la t4cc trade-in. Something, anything but acting like this is getting the job done.

Makes me more sad than angry tbh, cause it just seems management, or whoever’s in charge, is turning the game into more a cash cow and tuning out the community which was honestly the best part of the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

If you actually read the message. "We have attached resources to assist you" .. not hey.. here's free stuff for nothing.

If, they haven't fixed the bug by the end of the month - maybe they'll send out a package similar to last month saying hey, sorry its still f***ed.. here's a little thank you for bearing with us. However, we can't keep expecting it - even if its highly likely they're going to.

They stopped giving glory because the packages are designed to help get us through the content, opposed to saying, hey - drop down do easier stuff and still get revives/ potions, plus freebies (not saying I didn't love the glory, trust me I ranked up so many champs off those packages).

Just try play the game the best you can. Avoid harder content if you can, because these comp packages will never make up for the lost resources.
    I've done 2 carinas and an abyss path before the partial patch, just because I knew what I'd lose was a lot more than what I'd get waiting.

My reaction to playing atm, if I don't do map 7.. they're not going to give me my T5CC. If I don't do war, they won't give me shards. So do what I can, everyone else is in the same boat.
    Hopefully they fix it within the next month or two, and actually improve on things while they're at it, as android has sucked for like the past 5/6 years, and it's been getting worse recently (minus the lovely DH EQ like 2 years ago, which gave me made me want to break my phone)

Free stuff for nothing has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that Questing is still a part of the game, and it's been overlooked. Saying it's optional is not respective to the Objectives that require doing it. I'll be the first to say that people have unrealistic expectations. This isn't one of those cases.