**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Continued Gameplay Issue Comp… No 6* Nexus?

2»

Comments

• crogs said:

Lpoo said:

Just some regular revives would be appreciated and appropriate. I don’t know if a round two of that big compensation would be necessary.

Exactly. If the issues affect all aspects of the game, the focus on war and AQ makes zero sense. And them telling us to avoid hard content, well then how are we supposed to get the shards and cats to improve our rosters? That's deleting a whole source of rewards. Pots for AQ and war don't help get those rewards back.
    You're supposed to exercise some judgment here. There's two source of "hard" content. There's the stuff you can only get rewards from once: the story arc content and things like Labyrinth and the Abyss (RoL, if you're at that level). Avoiding these things doesn't permanently cost you rewards, it just delays those rewards a bit. You'll get them eventually regardless. The other source of hard content that you could theoretically lose rewards from is the monthly content. *Most* players have difficulty tiers that are very easy for them, tiers that are moderately difficult, and tiers that are extremely difficult. When the game is making controls unreliable, the presumption is that players will use their judgment to decide if any of the harder tiers for them have now become too difficult. But this isn't a binary thing, each player has to decide on their own if a difficulty tier has gotten harder but is still achievable or if a tier that was already pushing it is now impractical. And even that isn't binary, because players who can't explore might still be able to complete.

The amount of rewards a player might be losing due to opportunity cost is going to be different for every player, and it is unlikely to be huge. It will be an incremental loss. And to be frank, I suspect most players got more from the big compensation package from a while ago than they lost in opportunity cost rewards.

War and AQ are different. Individual players have 100% control over the single player content they do. If they choose to do content that is too difficult for them to do and spend a ton of potions on it, that's 100% their own fault. But AQ and AW are alliance-wide content that alliances decide upon based on the needs of an entire alliance. Individual players cannot as easily choose the content they want to do in an alliance. So while players can avoid high potion use in single player content by just playing smartly, they cannot always avoid high potion use in alliance content when their alliances have to decide for everyone what content gets done. So AQ and AW potions and resources are more likely to be a problem for players, which is why the compensation packages focus on them.

Also, the devs usually don't scratch their noses without consulting their datamining tools. If the compensation packages have tons of alliance potions but they haven't been flooded with regular potions, then it is possible the reason why is the data says players are using way more alliance potions now than before the issue came up, but aren't using way more normal potions now than before the issue came up. I don't know that to be true, but if players are wondering why the devs seem to be sticking to their guns here, that's usually why the devs do that in general. The data disagrees with public sentiment.
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike when can we expect our next large compensation package. It’s been two months.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I've been saying for a while now that it would be nice with a "we're sorry that these issues have now been around for another month, but thanks for sticking by us" compensation every month that these issues continue. I don't think they need to do the Big Comp every month but just a show of goodwill. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Given the absolute rubbish months we've had when it comes to side content in August and September (and October, from the looks of it), it seems like Kabam is putting all of their efforts into fixing the game and that side content is a bit of an afterthought right now. I think that's probably for the best but since the drought of content leads to a severe case of player fatigue, I do think an occasional comp package containing more than just AW/AQ potions and revives would be good for morale.

I know my alliance really shone up after the Big Comp in a way I haven't seen them in months, which was nice to see. The top brass wasn't quite as excited since we're still left with rebuilding everything and nothing in the package addressed that.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

crogs said:

Lpoo said:

Just some regular revives would be appreciated and appropriate. I don’t know if a round two of that big compensation would be necessary.

Exactly. If the issues affect all aspects of the game, the focus on war and AQ makes zero sense. And them telling us to avoid hard content, well then how are we supposed to get the shards and cats to improve our rosters? That's deleting a whole source of rewards. Pots for AQ and war don't help get those rewards back.
    You're supposed to exercise some judgment here. There's two source of "hard" content. There's the stuff you can only get rewards from once: the story arc content and things like Labyrinth and the Abyss (RoL, if you're at that level). Avoiding these things doesn't permanently cost you rewards, it just delays those rewards a bit. You'll get them eventually regardless. The other source of hard content that you could theoretically lose rewards from is the monthly content. *Most* players have difficulty tiers that are very easy for them, tiers that are moderately difficult, and tiers that are extremely difficult. When the game is making controls unreliable, the presumption is that players will use their judgment to decide if any of the harder tiers for them have now become too difficult. But this isn't a binary thing, each player has to decide on their own if a difficulty tier has gotten harder but is still achievable or if a tier that was already pushing it is now impractical. And even that isn't binary, because players who can't explore might still be able to complete.

The amount of rewards a player might be losing due to opportunity cost is going to be different for every player, and it is unlikely to be huge. It will be an incremental loss. And to be frank, I suspect most players got more from the big compensation package from a while ago than they lost in opportunity cost rewards.

War and AQ are different. Individual players have 100% control over the single player content they do. If they choose to do content that is too difficult for them to do and spend a ton of potions on it, that's 100% their own fault. But AQ and AW are alliance-wide content that alliances decide upon based on the needs of an entire alliance. Individual players cannot as easily choose the content they want to do in an alliance. So while players can avoid high potion use in single player content by just playing smartly, they cannot always avoid high potion use in alliance content when their alliances have to decide for everyone what content gets done. So AQ and AW potions and resources are more likely to be a problem for players, which is why the compensation packages focus on them.

Also, the devs usually don't scratch their noses without consulting their datamining tools. If the compensation packages have tons of alliance potions but they haven't been flooded with regular potions, then it is possible the reason why is the data says players are using way more alliance potions now than before the issue came up, but aren't using way more normal potions now than before the issue came up. I don't know that to be true, but if players are wondering why the devs seem to be sticking to their guns here, that's usually why the devs do that in general. The data disagrees with public sentiment.
    The caveat to this being that while the rewards for story content will always be there for when the bugs are fixed, the rewards missed from content that some will lose out on due to not meeting progression requirements will continue to grow. For me, you are exactly right. For others I know, they have terrible issues preventing them from hitting Cav & TB. This means they miss out on participating in Cav EQ or SOP for example, meaning they lose the chance to obtain those rewards. The longer it takes to fix, the bigger the opportunist to them.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    How about they just fix it asap and give us some revives to make up for it.

I don't even play the game anymore lately, it's unbearable
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I mean that’s all the players and Kabam wants. I truly believe Kabam is working hard to fix the issues. Just wish it was done already. But I know they feel the same. Just they aren’t suffering as much as the players do
    The fact that you think the developers are suffering as much as the players tells me everything I need to know about you.

Crcrcrc said:

I mean that’s all the players and Kabam wants. I truly believe Kabam is working hard to fix the issues. Just wish it was done already. But I know they feel the same. Just they aren’t suffering as much as the players do
    The fact that you think the developers are suffering as much as the players tells me everything I need to know about you.
    *Aren't
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    There is more to compensation than what you actually lose playing the game. that is part of it yes but the frustration you can't put a price tag on....hence why Kabam still needs to give good compensation like they did last month including at least another 6* nexus. The lost rewards isn't what can lead someone to quit the game....it's the frustration brought to what should be a fun game to play and that has to be part of the players they have to target when they give out compensation. It isn't all back and white.

Crcrcrc said:

Wait what? The fact that you didn’t read what I wrote correctly says all we need to know about you
    You said Kabam isn't suffering as much as the players are. In what world are they not "suffering" like the players. Players can walk away at anytime. Kabam has a goal to keep the game running and their livelihood depends on this to keep going. Players are having a hard time yes, but suffering is a bit much. I can 100% tell you that Kabam wants this game to work properly more than any other player out there.
  • dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    The only reason i think we ever deserve 6* nexus or other valuable items, is because we are still here waiting the issues out. They are lucky everyone hasn't left yet IMO
  • mattressmattress Posts: 403 ★★
    Repto23 said:

The parry dex bugs are also causing issues for normal quests, so why do we only get items for AQ/AW?

Especially with monthly objectives tied to doing certain quests
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    No one's losing a 6* Nexus. Just give us a package of revives and potions for solo content.

Edit: But shards and all from the last "big" package will certainly do a world of good in appealing to the community's concience. I just want some revives and potions asap.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

For those talking about revives and health potions. Just farm them on auto fight. Things that are easy to obtain in game shouldn’t be given as compensation

See this is the problem. This makes me think you just want a 6* nexus for the sake of opening a 6* nexus and is using this as a front. A compensation is supposed to "compensate" for extra items used in content due to these issues. No revives and potions literally defeats the purpose of that. You just want a free gift.

I'm not against getting a free gift but first and foremost, we need to be "compensated".
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I don't see how a 6* Nexus will ease any stress people feel from parry and dex issues.

a morale booster depending on the pull
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★

Threads like this one cheapen and steal credibility from the real, legitimate complaints about the compensation packages. Just stop. There is no rational reason you would believe a 6* nexus would be relevant compensation for gameplay issues.

You should reread what was wrote…..
    You should re think what was wrote
  • This thread has regrettably descended into arguments with an insulting, non-constructive tone and so is being closed. There are other threads available on the topic of compensations, anyone willing to continue a civil debate on the matter can do so in one of those.
This discussion has been closed.