**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I love that kabam took revenge on us for wanting less tedious objectives by not increasing rewards

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
They heard us and made sure not to make this week’s objectives extremely grindy but with one hand that gives, the other takes away. Would it have really tipped the scales too far to have included an extra 250 6* shards each week? This same attitude has been more and more common recently with this months event and the guillotine “buff.” Reading the room wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

They heard us and made sure not to make this week’s objectives extremely grindy but with one hand that gives, the other takes away. Would it have really tipped the scales too far to have included an extra 250 6* shards each week? This same attitude has been more and more common recently with this months event and the guillotine “buff.” Reading the room wouldn’t be a bad idea.

So increase the rewards but nerf the objectives into the ground. Yep, just had to check I was still on the MCOC forums.
    The rewards are abysmal at best. I’d much rather have a little more effort and get actual rewards. This is the most dry month with no new long term content, no real side quest, and no real reworks. The least they could do is try to make up for all of that.
    It's literally 10 fights only.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

So increase the rewards but nerf the objectives into the ground. Yep, just had to check I was still on the MCOC forums.
    The rewards are abysmal at best. I’d much rather have a little more effort and get actual rewards. This is the most dry month with no new long term content, no real side quest, and no real reworks. The least they could do is try to make up for all of that.
    These objectives are just to set up October where the rewards are way higher.
    But have you seen them? They’re good but not nearly good enough to warrant having a dead month where you only get ~2500 6* shards. As it stands, the entirety of September is less valuable than one week in October. That kind of inequity is god-awful design.
    This is the first time their trying this kinda event man cut’em some slack. They already got a lot complaints on their plate.

And anyways these are completely possible to cheese. Are the rewards great…nah, but they stressed it would lead to a more interesting event next month. Month is almost over no need to complain
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    We get it. You don't like them.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

But have you seen them? They’re good but not nearly good enough to warrant having a dead month where you only get ~2500 6* shards. As it stands, the entirety of September is less valuable than one week in October. That kind of inequity is god-awful design.
    Its 2500 from cavalier and 1000 from uncollected, you want extra shards go do the uncollected objectives too.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    We get the rewards that were announced at the start of this month. You knew about them for weeks. Why should they be changed?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    I'd be happy if the objective was "log on" and it rewarded nothing. I want entry to the side quest, don't care about the hamster wheel.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★

I'd be happy if the objective was "log on" and it rewarded nothing. I want entry to the side quest, don't care about the hamster wheel.

Yeah, I actually agree with this. I've been lucky regarding the objectives insofar that I've had the prerequisites all lined up, whether it's having the right 6* champion for the first objective or having the cheesiest quest of Act 6 left to explore for last week. However, it's still been an unbelievable slog even when everything lined up perfectly. A scenario where it doesn't gives me nightmares.

It would kind of be nice to start with a clean slate next month. They can keep the event like it is but just unlock it for everyone just like always. Being unable to do one month's content because you didn't do the previous month's doesn't really sit right with me.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    You know how the saying goes; Revenge is best precooked, frozen, then reheated and served as scheduled.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Knocked out UC and Cav objectives waiting on a car repair. It’s Thursday with no EQ to finish, no AW, no AQ and no side quest objectives. Not running arena, not close to forming any crystals.

I can just log in at night for a few days. That’s a nice feeling.

Dr. Zola
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★

People complain every single month about side events no matter how its done. Its nothing with this or that beeing bad. People just like to moan and complain about everything. I seriously wonder why some of you even play this game at all. I would never go anywhere near something that cause me this much anger. Aint good for your healths chief

I don't know why people complain about them.
    Yeh, sometimes the requirements to unlock a path seem overdone (do this, look there, sing this song etc).
    Yeh, sometimes they can be repetitive (the Herc side one).

But generally they are the only new content every month that doesn't place a stringent roster requirement or fighting mechanic on them.
    They are usually just take a bunch of your current faves and whack on. I miss that. The whole counter play mechanic is overdone, the game shines when you're just in their swinging fists/claws/sword/ray guns or whatever.

I'm going to come out and say it -> I like not having to read the nodes.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

This is the first time their trying this kinda event man cut’em some slack. They already got a lot complaints on their plate.

And anyways these are completely possible to cheese. Are the rewards great…nah, but they stressed it would lead to a more interesting event next month. Month is almost over no need to complain
    I know they’ve said this is their first time running a two month SQ, but… I don’t think it is? They did it for Endgame with the quest where you collected the Infinity Stones for your OG Avengers.

It was not good. Too drawn out, not very fun, very grindy, as I recall. I was immediately worried about this event when they said it was a two month deal based on that precedent. Now this one is an entirely different format from that, so I can totally get how they could say in good faith that this is their first time. I’m not calling anybody a liar or anything like that. Just… a month is a very long time in this game. To have one whole month just be almost empty is very disheartening, especially when the month before that had only marginally more going on.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

Its 2500 from cavalier and 1000 from uncollected, you want extra shards go do the uncollected objectives too.
    Did that too. We’re still low.
    That doesn't mean Kabam took revenge on us by not increasing the rewards just cuz you wanted it to happen. That's like me saying that Kabam is out to get me and hence why there's no Sentry buff. That's just twisting things for your benefit.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

That doesn't mean Kabam took revenge on us by not increasing the rewards just cuz you wanted it to happen. That's like me saying that Kabam is out to get me and hence why there's no Sentry buff. That's just twisting things for your benefit.
    I want Sentry to get buffed so bad, just for you.

It’s like watching a pot boil.

Stop mentioning it, it’s like torture!
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

It really does keep you up at night, doesn't it?