**Known AQ Bug**
We are aware that some alliances encountered a bug during this last AQ that would not allow them to start maps on certain days. We know this has impacted your rewards.
We have been looking into the cause of the problem and once we have resolved it we will explore how to make things right for the impacted alliances. We will provide any additional communication in

this thread.

Summoners! The Tiered Unit Offers available during the Summoner Celebration sale are only available until July 4th at 10 AM PT, unlike the Unit Store offers, which are available until July 5th at 10 AM PT. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may cause.

Champion Spotlight - Guillotine (2021 Update)

edited September 2021 in Champion Spotlights

About Guillotine
Born of a mixed French-Algerian heritage, the mysterious Guillotine is the latest in her bloodline to inherit “La Fleur du Mal”, a mystical sword with dark supernatural powers. Across the centuries, many have wielded the enchanted blade – some for good, some for evil. For the will of the sword is strong, and its thirst for blood is limitless, and many have succumbed to its whispers in their minds. The current Guillotine uses the blade to punish the guilty and keeps the sinister instincts of the sword in check …for now!

Guillotine's Mechanics

Guillotine revels in the blood of her enemies! Releasing her blood-thirsty blade on her enemies, Guillotine has a chance of inflicting Bleed debuffs with each swipe, earning her Attack-boosting Soul Charges while recovering a percentage of her own HP for each percentage of damage dealt. Not inflicting enough Bleeds for your liking? Throw a Heavy Attack into the mix to cast a Bleed Curse on the unfortunate opponent, followed by a Special Attack! This will guarantee you Bleeds with each hit, and if Guillotine is Unshackled, you can be sure no Block can match her blade. Once enough Soul Charges have been accrued, activate your Special 3 to inflict a debilitating Degeneration debuff, lasting until all Charges have been spent or your opponent has fallen.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  5578  494  1826
 4-Star  13987  1238  4583
 5-Star  28045  2482  10520
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  36137  3198  13519

Character Class: Mystic

Basic Abilities: Bleed, Bleed Curse, Spectre, Degeneration

STRENGTHS:
  • High Damage Potential
  • Stacking Bleeds, especially when Heavy/Special combos, can deal some serious damage over time, especially with a high number of Soul Charges!

• Buff-heavy Opponents
  • Opponents who utilize many Buffs at one time will quickly realize their folly, as Guillotine’s chance to inflict bleeds rises with each Buff on the opponent!
WEAKNESSES:
  • Purify
  • Opponents who are not Immune but can Purify Guillotine’s Bleed debuffs can severely hamper her ability to deal and heal damage.

• Concussion
  • Having a big #Metal sword has its perks, but a certain Master of Magnetism can turn off much of what Guillotine relies on!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Always Active – Life Siphon
  • Guillotine Heals 2% of all damage taken by the opponent
Developer’s Note: Note “all damage” – stack those bleeds and watch the HP roll in!

Soul Charges – Max Stacks: 15
  • Each time either Champion loses 5% of their Max Health or is inflicted with a Bleed effect, gain 1 Soul Charge. The first 10 Soul Charges are indefinite and additional charges last 10 seconds each.
  • Each Soul Charge grants +148.92 Attack Rating.
  • At 10+ Soul Charges: Guillotine becomes Unshackled, enhancing her Special Attacks until she’s back below 6 Charges
Developer’s Note: Wait until Guillotine is at 10+ charges, then unleash her Heavy/Special combo for maximum damage

Critical Hits:
  • 35% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 1737.4 direct damage over 5 seconds. Chance increases by a flat +5% for each Buff on the opponent.
Developer’s Note: Crit Rate is important for Guillotine — maximising this stat and reliably inflicting crits means more bleeds more often

Heavy Attack
  • 100% chance to inflict a 10 second Bleed Curse Debuff.
  • An opponent with a Bleed Curse suffers a Bleed Debuff, causing 2233.8 direct damage over 5 seconds each time they’re struck with a Special Attack.
Developer’s Note: Guillotine’s Heavy is incredibly important — don’t forget to use it before launching a Special attack for maximum damage output!

Special Attacks
  • Unshackled: Guillotine is Passively Unblockable during the attack.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1 - La Force d’Ancêtres
  • Final hit has a 100% chance to inflict a Pain Link Debuff lasting 10 seconds. While active, any Non-Physical damage taken by Guillotine is also inflicted on the opponent as Physical Damage.
  • Unshackled: Spend 10 Souls to apply an additional Pain Link Debuff when launching the attack.
Developer’s Note: DOT damage got you down? Share the pain with your opponent!

Special 2 - Coup De Massue
  • Final hit has a 100% chance to inflict a Spectre Debuff for 10 seconds, reducing Regeneration Rate by 200%.
  • Unshackled: Spend 10 Souls to Pause the Spectre for 10 seconds when it is first activated.

Special 3 - Coup De Grâce
  • 100% chance to inflict a Degeneration Debuff causing 1737.4 direct damage over 3 seconds. Then consume all Soul Charges to increase the Degeneration duration by +3 seconds for each Soul spent this way.

Signature Ability - Cursed Aura
  • Passive:
  • Whenever the opponent is Immune to Guillotine’s personal Bleed effects, she has a 100% chance to inflict a matching Rupture Debuff, causing Physical Damage. This Rupture Debuff grants 1 Soul Charge.
Developer’s Note: Awakening her Signature Ability grants her effectiveness against a large pool of Bleed-immune opponents, and is incredibly important to her kit!

SYNERGY BONUSES
Friends Lv. 3H: - with Black Panther (Classic), Black Panther (CW), Black Panther (Jabari)
  • All champions: +130 Armor Rating

Nemesis Lv. 3 - with Venom, Red Skull, Morningstar
  • All champions: +6% Attack Rating

Rivals Lv. 3 - with Magik, Guillotine 2099
  • All champions: +115 Critical Rating

TEAMMATES Lv. 3 - with Magik, Guillotine 2099
  • All Champions: +5% Perfect Block Chance.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Recovery
  • With Life Siphon, Guillotine has access to a Life Steal effect at all times. Increasing the amount of life stolen can be a huge boost to her survivability in long Quests or Alliance Quests.

Precision & Cruelty
  • Guillotine relies on being aggressive and dealing consistent damage to feed her blade and gain extra souls. Increasing Critical Hit Rate and Critical Damage helps accomplish this by increasing her bleed output and Soul Charge accumulation.

Glass Cannon
  • By increasing her attack by as much as possible, Guillotine also increases her Health Regeneration via Life Siphon, increasing her damage output while offsetting the decreased HP from this mastery.

Comments

• SCZSCZ Posts: 149
    Are any of the existing synergies on other champs being altered or left as is? NT, MS, purgatory, etc...
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Pre-buff Guillotine can kill 100K HP defenders with only one combo at the start of the fight if RNG is on your side and you have the right synergies. The new guilly doesn't have any added utility, at least not offensively, and i'm very skeptical that she will be able to do the same amount of damage in the same amount of time. I'll reserve my judgement after playing with her, but i have to say that i'm worried that she might be even worse than before :-(

I also have a question: when she use her SP3 and consume the charges, wil still be getting the attack bonus before applying the degen?
  • TeddersTedders Posts: 111 ★★
    Are the animations getting changed to add more hits on her specials 1 and 2 ?? that might make her better but nerfing her bleed chance and damage and her sp3 damage and her healing seems a but extreme for a "buff"
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Yeah I dunno about this one. I thought we would get a Mole God like buff considering she was voted in by the community and no other buff has been voted by us. What I hope for is an Odin situation to where when we get to play her and she’s not as good as the people we’re hoping (or expecting) then she gets a Value update in the near future.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 710 ★★★★
    Here are some changes i think would make Guilly after rhe buff much better:

Regen change to 5%

Pain share reduces damage done to Guilly by 25% per pain share so 50% total with 2

Crit CHANCE is increased by 5% per buff on the enemy

Bleed chance back to 50% per crit

20-25 soul cap and her being able to stake 15 that don't fall off

She is immune to specter debuffs and effects (the logic being her sword shield her from said effects)

Simple changes that would make her much better overall AND make her more fun in Buff heavy matches as well.
  • Seems to me she regenerates 2 percent of all the damage she deals. That could be an improvement on her regeneration. Also she gains much more attack per soul, more than double, she used to gain 65 attack pet soul.

These are improvements in my opinion, she seems like she will do more damage and heal more. That is exactly what I would want from her. Let’s at least see the changes play out before we cancel them like the Hood. The first Hood changes were much better in my opinion but people had to have fate seal….
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,998 ★★★★★
    Life Transfer!

I've done it! I've finally figured out somewhere that Pain Link will be useful... 😉
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    edited September 2021
    Expected nothing, but still dissapointed.
    Would be good to add stagger or nullify abilities like most mystic champs and expands her synergies.
  • Pre-buff Guillotine can kill 100K HP defenders with only one combo at the start of the fight if RNG is on your side and you have the right synergies. The new guilly doesn't have any added utility, at least not offensively, and i'm very skeptical that she will be able to do the same amount of damage in the same amount of time. I'll reserve my judgement after playing with her, but i have to say that i'm worried that she might be even worse than before :-(

I also have a question: when she use her SP3 and consume the charges, wil still be getting the attack bonus before applying the degen?

No its looking like the sp3 bonus only increases time/length of degen increasing overall damage but nah it doesnt add to the direct damage of the initial attack if thats what your asking.
  • So exited about this. I have gully as a 6*
    Bleed Curse Debuff is stacking right now, and you can place a guaranteed bleed for each of these debuffs, with three of them active i've got 9 bleeds out of her SP2. Is this correct? If yes, I have already changed my mind about her buff *_*
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 930 ★★★★
    I am confused about the pain link. It says non-physical damage gets shared and the note says you can use that to apply damage from DOT's on you back to the enemy. I thought that most of the DOT's except probably shock and incinerate would be physical damage. Does the note mean all DOT is counted as non-physical or only certain ones? If it is only certain ones can someone provide a list of which effects are.physical and which are non-physical?
    Crine60 said:

I am confused about the pain link. It says non-physical damage gets shared and the note says you can use that to apply damage from DOT's on you back to the enemy. I thought that most of the DOT's except probably shock and incinerate would be physical damage. Does the note mean all DOT is counted as non-physical or only certain ones? If it is only certain ones can someone provide a list of which effects are.physical and which are non-physical?

you can read their type right in the description ^_^ take a look at this sentence:

35% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 1737.4 direct damage over 5 seconds. Chance increases by a flat +5% for each Buff on the opponent.

The bolded word is what you have to look for when you are reading a damaging effect's description. In this case it says "direct", so it isn't physical or energy based ^_^
  • DucimusDucimus Posts: 32
    To keep with the same design but increase her special 3 damage, I would suggest:
    - have the special 3 count as 4 hits (there are 4 ghosts after all) so that the blood curse can apply 4 bleed stacks, or 8 bleeds with 2 blood curses, and so on.
    - have all bleeds caused by the blood curse/special 3 combo give back a soul charge to keep it in line with how the other special attacks behave.

In order to keep her damage up, soul charges need to be kept after throwing a special 1 or 2. I would suggest:
    - the utility mechanic (pain link or heal reversal) only apply if the preceeding hit to the special attack was a light attack.

As a result of the retention of soul charges outlined above, Guillotine will easily exceed the 15 soul charge limit. To offset this and to address the reduced healing compared to her previous build, I would suggest:
    - any soul charge obtain beyond the limit is converted to instant regeneration of 5% of Guillotine's missing health.
    - the soul charge effect of the special 3 attack increases the potency of the degeneration, as opposed to the duration.
  • My thoughts:

Guillotine is an extremely nostalgic champion for me, so I was very excited for her buff. I have mixed feelings now that it’s out.
    On the one hand, she’s very fun to play, and she can deal some pretty nice damage, along with some nice utility. On the other, this is a big nerf to her damage and regen. I have some ideas for a fix:
    - Lifesteal moved to 10%
    - Signature ability change: rupture is 100% and stays there. To add a variable to the signature ability, increase critical rating by [X] per soul.
    - DRASTICALLY increase bleed damage and ability accuracy. Chance to bleed on crits should be moved to 100% when a bleed curse is active.
    - Bring back the old synergy with Ronin
    - Update her synergies
    - Since her kit seems to center around the opponent having buffs, a nice change would be to place a null buff on the opponent everytime she gains a soul, to make her more reliable.

Kabam, feel free to take any of these suggestions. Or ignore them. Judging by this “buff”, you seem to be out of touch with your community anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sincerely,
    QuickShot