**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kitty shouldn't be nerfed

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
Kitty isn't overpowered. True focus is the only the that makes her cheese certain fights. Getting annoyed about Kitty cheesing is like getting annoyed about any cheese fights. What you're actually annoyed about is that Kitty can cheese AW, and in that case, I agree - get rid of true focus in AW.

This would be like if Kabam added a global in AW that gave every defender 10 buffs and everyone got their pitchforks out that Ronan was slaughtering AW and demanding a nerf. No, just get rid of the 10 buffs global. It would be like if every fight got resistor and everyone got angry that Doom could doom slap if he was sig 200. Why nerf Doom? Don't put the node that let's him cheese everywhere.

You can control how powerful Kitty is by regulating how often true focus is in content, nerfing her when you can do that is like using a rocket launcher to wash up dirty dishes.

Ronan's cheese is controlled by how many buff heavy nodes there are in the game, Doom's cheese is controlled by how often resistor is in content and Kitty's cheese is controlled by how many true focus nodes there are in the game. Kabam haven't got Kitty's abilities wrong, they've got the true focus balance wrong. If you're angry enough about true focus Kitty cheese to say she should be nerfed, then I look forward to your equally strong argument to nerf Doom and Ronan so they can't cheese either. After all, there's no skill in it, the opponent can't do anything and you're only tapping a few buttons...

Comments

• TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Not really sure why people are asking her to be nerfed. If anything true focus should be removed and if Kabam's intention is to shift the meta-away from Ghost n Quake there are other ways to do that.
    I personnally think there is a massive imbalance on aw coz of how perfect a countr kitty is for that node.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I dont mind kitty being as powerful as she is. The interaction with true focus is what is broken. This cheese has no place in competitive game modes. Remove true focus from the boss island.

Exactly, 10 buffs on boss island would be ridiculous for ronan cheese. True focus should pop up now and then for Kitty to cheese just like Ronan cheeses buffs occasionally.

To have it on the hardest section of the war map every war is silly
    agreed. There is a reason there has never been a cheese in war so far. That shouldnt change now.
    It is competitive. and kitty can clear 7 out of 8 fights with no work whatsoever.no, that does not work.
    Quake and Ghost have been cheesing war for years. Oh yeah, bosses with hazard shift links and power boosts with Ghost is super difficult...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Fun fact, when this aw map was introduced it actually had ronan cheese nodes in two spots iirc. they were removed before the season went live though.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Fun fact, when this aw map was introduced it actually had ronan cheese nodes in two spots iirc. they were removed before the season went live though.

Really? Do you remember where they were?

Just goes to show there’s not much point in cheese in AW
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I think this cheese level is a bit too much. I know Ronan is more insane at times, but there aren't many viable stunlock-matchups in AW.

Kitty Cheeses True Focus, which is found mainly in AW. On top tiers I think this interaction should be looked at.

So in summary:
    Kitty OP?
    Alone - No.
    True Focus - Yes.
    Should she be nerfed? - No.
    What should be looked into is Kitty+True Focus.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Really? Do you remember where they were?

Just goes to show there’s not much point in cheese in AW
    Unlimited power iirc it was on mini island and one of the shared minis.

I dont mind kitty being as powerful as she is. The interaction with true focus is what is broken. This cheese has no place in competitive game modes. Remove true focus from the boss island.

Exactly, 10 buffs on boss island would be ridiculous for ronan cheese. True focus should pop up now and then for Kitty to cheese just like Ronan cheeses buffs occasionally.

agreed. There is a reason there has never been a cheese in war so far. That shouldnt change now.
    It is competitive. and kitty can clear 7 out of 8 fights with no work whatsoever.no, that does not work.
    Quake and Ghost have been cheesing war for years. Oh yeah, bosses with hazard shift links and power boosts with Ghost is super difficult...
    false. You have counters and tactics to stop each and every one of those.
    Not saying ghost and quake are incredibly good, and kitty should be there.
    but her interaction with true focus IS broken. It is a cheese. Cheese techniques are good in content, but not in war. That shouldnt be allowed. Like Bittersteel pointed out, there is a reason we dont see resistor nodes, and the rest that allows straight cheesing.
    Who countered Ghost less than a month after her release? And basically the only thing that countered Quake for a very long time was passive power gain or fights with True Strike from the start.
    With Ghost really the only thing that stopped her early on was some sort of Thorns/Reverb
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

Not able to understand something.
    You've been campaigning against Ghost/Quake in war all the time calling them broken. You've cried about Corvus in AQ calling him broken and that they need to change it.
    Why are you so against them removing a Kitty ultra cheese in war?
    Atleast with Corvus in AQ, you need to play at 1% health.
    With Ghost and Quake, you needed to learn how to fight with them.
    With Kitty, after you get the initial prowess, you stand there, get whacked in the face and throw L3. A 4 year old can do that.
    It holds no place in war. I mean she is OP without true focus as well, but that is the way she is as a champ and is like Ghost in that way. But this cheese is too much.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

the game is beyond alliance war boss island. please dont nerf kitty

I don't use Quake/Ghost/Kitty, but if people say that Kitty doesn't need a nerf, then they don't either. All are overpowered in their own ways.
    I don't mind if neither get changed. Kabam paved the way like that, keep it that way now.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Honestly Kabam really just needs to roll out a ban system for war so that alliances can say “we ban X, Y, and Z champions as attackers,” rather than trying to do these catch-all nodes that cause more problems than they fix.

Couple that with some degree of customizability, whether that be tactics or something else, so that you can do something like banning Ghost and use a tactic that punishes evade champs, the punishment can be shrugged off by an intercept. Serves the same purpose but with less collateral damage.

Completely agreed, it’s time for attacker bans. Perhaps that’s in the overhaul for AW, where they’re building it from the ground up as mentioned in the roadmap so many months ago
  • With Ghost really the only thing that stopped her early on was some sort of Thorns/Reverb

There was some counter. Even now, she isnt an option to most of boss island (before true focus). Nothing stopping kitty atm.
    attackers can be powerful, totally agree. We have seen this with a plethora of champs. Kitty is powerful and is the latest in the list of champs. But this interaction IS broken. THere is no way with a straight face you look at the war vids and say that is fair. Getting hit more times and throwing sp3 is NOT good for a fighting game. That level of broken interaction does not exist anywhere in game.
    It has place in sotry content. But in competitive modes, there is no place for broken interactions.
    The easiest fix to this is not to touch Kitty's abilities. Remove true focus and find out other ways to nerf ghost- quake interactions.

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Why do people want her nerfed all of a sudden, her cheesing miss counters has been apparent since her deep dive.

If you think she overperforms on the AW boss island because of true focus (which she absolutely does) then push for true focus to be removed.

It's actually starting to get funny how many issues could be avoided if true focus had been made specific to quake and ghost from the get go.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    Agree. Kabam knew exactly how good KP would be. This is not a case of YouTubers discovering some cheese method that Kabam didn't anticipate.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Isn't a nice interaction with some nodes something that can be found in most champions?

Think of icarus, I think cmm and hercules are TOO OP on those nodes, but i don't see anyone asking for a nerf.

Also ghost on nodes that increase attack on special attack.

iHulk can also cheese some nodes and I'm sure there's a long list of examples.

• Gildenlow said:

Isn't a nice interaction with some nodes something that can be found in most champions?

Think of icarus, I think cmm and hercules are TOO OP on those nodes, but i don't see anyone asking for a nerf.

Also ghost on nodes that increase attack on special attack.

iHulk can also cheese some nodes and I'm sure there's a long list of examples.

not available in wars. Moot point.