**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kitty shouldn't be nerfed

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Agree. Kabam knew exactly how good KP would be. This is not a case of YouTubers discovering some cheese method that Kabam didn't anticipate.

Kabam knew exactly how powerful she’d be against true focus, it’s the first two lines of her abilities. I think what they haven’t considered or put enough stock into is how powerful it is in AW. AW isn’t about having the right champion to cheese it, it’s about beating your opponents because you’re better
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Isn't a nice interaction with some nodes something that can be found in most champions?

Think of icarus, I think cmm and hercules are TOO OP on those nodes, but i don't see anyone asking for a nerf.

Also ghost on nodes that increase attack on special attack.

iHulk can also cheese some nodes and I'm sure there's a long list of examples.

Whiners:"BUt IT's NOt tHe sAMe.... shE's chEEsing Aw."
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Why do people want her nerfed all of a sudden, her cheesing miss counters has been apparent since her deep dive.

If you think she overperforms on the AW boss island because of true focus (which she absolutely does) then push for true focus to be removed.

It's actually starting to get funny how many issues could be avoided if true focus had been made specific to quake and ghost from the get go.

I disagree with hitting just Quake and Ghost as well.
    Atleast from what I've seen from videos, Kitty isn't that far away from being as strong on regular nodes as well.
    I'm not calling for a nerf, just true focus removal in war. But I don't agree with a node that just focuses on Quake and Ghost as well.
    Do it with normal nodes/champs etc. But a blanket ban on just two doesn't sit well with me.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Gildenlow said:

Isn't a nice interaction with some nodes something that can be found in most champions?

Think of icarus, I think cmm and hercules are TOO OP on those nodes, but i don't see anyone asking for a nerf.

I'm struggling to see how this isn't a valid complaint.

If they went out of their way to remove quake and diminish ghost on the boss island then why should kitty be allowed to make a joke of it?

Gildenlow said:

If they went out of their way to remove quake and diminish ghost on the boss island then why should kitty be allowed to make a joke of it?
    She’s utilizing what her sig ability was designed to do, its not our fault True Focus was put in AW. It really makes no sense to nerf her if they had just come up with a better solution than putting True focus there. If it wasn't there she wouldn’t be considered broken in that case.
  • Gildenlow said:

exactly this.

Gildenlow said:

not available in wars. Moot point.
    why should all players suffer because of the ones who care about high tier war?
    How would players suffer if true focus was removed from war?

Gildenlow said:

She’s utilizing what her sig ability was designed to do, its not our fault True Focus was put in AW. It really makes no sense to nerf her if they had just come up with a better solution than putting True focus there. If it wasn't there she wouldn’t be considered broken in that case.
    I still don't see the point you're trying to make.

You're acting like people complaining about her cheesing aw aren't valid for doing so.

Whether or not the solution is removing true focus or nerfing her doesn't change the fact that she's a problem in AW.

So again what's the problem with people rightfully calling out the problem she is in AW?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Agreed regarding AW true focus nodes but her interaction with anti-miss abilities needs to go. It’s ridiculous that she counters the counter. This will always cause issues in future content as well.

That's how it seems to be going atm. Same thing with Peni.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Gildenlow said:

The same reason they're arguing against Kitty. People complain about a Champ that can cheese their Defense.

Gildenlow said:

You're acting like people complaining about her cheesing aw aren't valid for doing so.

Whether or not the solution is removing true focus or nerfing her doesn't change the fact that she's a problem in AW.

So again what's the problem with people rightfully calling out the problem she is in AW?
    Was never trying to make a point

But guess I should try now??🤷🏽

She has only become a problem BECAUSE of True Focus being in aw. Whats the main issue? Probably two things 1.) no damage while phasing 2.) Increased DCPR while being hit during phase, letting her just spam sp3 constantly.

So the one place where True focus is used in a competitive game mode…people are losing their minds. I understand it seem unfair, but why should the answer to this be “nerf her.”

If true focus was gone…..what would be the issue? After that point it actually is some sort skill involved with Her being able to do take downs. Rather than constant sp3 spamming.
    She does not actually cause a problem in aw without True focus.

Gildenlow said:

they wont..
    Right, I think we’re all in agreement here lol. Maybe a couple crossed wires somewhere

Gildenlow said:

She has only become a problem BECAUSE of True Focus being in aw. Whats the main issue? Probably two things 1.) no damage while phasing 2.) Increased DCPR while being hit during phase, letting her just spam sp3 constantly.

So the one place where True focus is used in a competitive game mode…people are losing their minds. I understand it seem unfair, but why should the answer to this be “nerf her.”

If true focus was gone…..what would be the issue? After that point it actually is some sort skill involved with Her being able to do take downs. Rather than constant sp3 spamming.
    We're talking in circles...

I am aware that removing true focus fixes the problem. I never disputed that.

Gildenlow said:

This is what I'm talking about. Why label people who have an issue with her cheesing aw whiners?

If you think there's a problem that needs to be solved (by removing true focus as you've said) then aren't the complaints valid. This is what I'm referring to when I say I don't see your point, if she's a legitimate problem in AW what's wrong with people calling her out for it?

Gildenlow said:

which is the whole point of this thread. Remove true focus. Can read what the OP said.
    I understand what the OP said, this has been spreading everywhere lol

But what Im just so baffled by……is this

currently with the ally Im in our deaths would typically come before mini boss island, in fact rarely any deaths on the mini bosses or bosses actually happen. I used kitty once during the off season so far and it’s completely possible to mess up this “cheese” and you could KO and cause a death…luckily i didn’t die but still…….. it could happen. She’s not going to guarantee a win for the ally anways……but she would guarantee a safe fight for that aw fight shed be doing.

I just dont see the “problem”. I mean i do think true focus should be removed and as kabam said before it was “poor timing” to put True Focus in AW and then release Kitty Pryde

and that it would be better come up a better way to “counter “ quake and ghost

• Gildenlow said:

which is the whole point of this thread. Remove true focus. Can read what the OP said.

currently with the ally Im in our deaths would typically come before mini boss island, in fact rarely any deaths on the mini bosses or bosses actually happen. I used kitty once during the off season so far and it’s completely possible to mess up this “cheese” and you could KO and cause a death…luckily i didn’t die but still…….. it could happen. She’s not going to guarantee a win for the ally anways……but she would guarantee a safe fight for that aw fight shed be doing.

I just dont see the “problem”. I mean i do think true focus should be removed and as kabam said before it was “poor timing” to put True Focus in AW and then release Kitty Pryde

She provides a far easier time for a fight that isnt intended to be that way. That is the reason why true focus was first announced. There should be no reason to have a champion exclude that criteria, is all.
    for the record, i use neither quake nor ghost myself.

Gildenlow said:

We're talking in circles...

I am aware that removing true focus fixes the problem. I never disputed that.

Gildenlow said:

This is what I'm talking about. Why label people who have an issue with her cheesing aw whiners?

If you think there's a problem that needs to be solved (by removing true focus as you've said) then aren't the complaints valid. This is what I'm referring to when I say I don't see your point, if she's a legitimate problem in AW what's wrong with people calling her out for it?
    Mostly labeling as a joke

But your wording
    “Whether or not the solution is removing true focus or nerfing her doesn't change the fact that she's a problem in AW.” I took it as “shes a problem regardless of True focus,”
    so that’s my my bad

But anyways I never had an issue with Anyone calling it out, my issues is with those saying she needs to be nerfed because of it

Gildenlow said:

She provides a far easier time for a fight that isnt intended to be that way. That is the reason why true focus was first announced. There should be no reason to have a champion exclude that criteria, is all.
    I rarely use quake or ghost myself in aw. Nor did i ever think to myself in boss island
    “Man kitty made this fight easier” i have champs that could’ve done it just as safely and easy without her

Gildenlow said:

I rarely use quake or ghost myself in aw. Nor did i ever think to myself in boss island
    “Man kitty made this fight easier” i have champs that could’ve done it just as safely and easy without her
    See that’s where I disagree, once people get proficient with Kitty (as in manage to get one intercept off at the start of the fight, or 3 parries/crits), there is no safer champion. You are just allowing the opponent to hit you and cycle sp3s.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    edited September 2021
    I spent quite a bit of cash to get my Kitty, if they nerf her after the fact I'm going to go ballistic. I like using Ghost and after reading Kitty Pryde's abilities I knew she would be great for covering Ghost's main weakness, so I went all out to get her. It's very short-sighted to scream nerf when their are better and fairer ways to solve this problem. Remove True Focus from AW and let it be implemented in the rest of the game, simple.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Thank you for posting this. This is what I’ve been trying to say. Hopefully kabam will think twice now about putting true focus on all the hardest content.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Honestly Kabam really just needs to roll out a ban system for war so that alliances can say “we ban X, Y, and Z champions as attackers,” rather than trying to do these catch-all nodes that cause more problems than they fix.

Couple that with some degree of customizability, whether that be tactics or something else, so that you can do something like banning Ghost and use a tactic that punishes evade champs, the punishment can be shrugged off by an intercept. Serves the same purpose but with less collateral damage.

Only people that seems to have an issue with that is kabam themselves. It’s really that simple, i dont understand why they must punish every evade and miss champ at the expense of 2