**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kitty shouldn't be nerfed

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It's a softer way to deter people.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

There is an easier way to do this. If they implemented a Points Boost system for using Champs that are of a specific group, I guarantee people would use those Champs. War is all about maximizing Points.

That’s actually a great suggestion
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

There is an easier way to do this. If they implemented a Points Boost system for using Champs that are of a specific group, I guarantee people would use those Champs. War is all about maximizing Points.

Is this a new concept you've thought of on the spot or is it something you've put thought into? I only ask because I'm interested in more of the specifics of the idea! How would it work? Groups as in tags?

In my mind I'm imagining something like for one season you get point bonuses for using Metal attackers.

Is this a new concept you've thought of on the spot or is it something you've put thought into? I only ask because I'm interested in more of the specifics of the idea! How would it work? Groups as in tags?

In my mind I'm imagining something like for one season you get point bonuses for using Metal attackers.
    Just came to me. It could be based on Tags, or if they wanted to add some mystery, make it a bit of a hunt that Season like Objecitves. I think if they applied it in the same fashion as the Node (Boss Island, highest Tiers), then people would most definitely take advantage. In those Tiers, the most Points available are maximized typically.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Just came to me. It could be based on Tags, or if they wanted to add some mystery, make it a bit of a hunt that Season like Objecitves. I think if they applied it in the same fashion as the Node (Boss Island, highest Tiers), then people would most definitely take advantage. In those Tiers, the most Points available are maximized typically.
    Hmmmm, doing it via tag could be interesting. For example, if Symbiotes get a point bonus, alliances could structure their defense to be specifically challenging to those attackers. This is a very solid idea. Lots to flesh out with it, lots of ways it could be implemented. But it would give the players a new dimension to consider without barring anything. Good shout.

Another question I’d have is: is it a rotating bonus, like today’s war is X-Men, next one is Avengers, after that Guardians, etc., or would it be seasonal? Or would an alliance be able to choose what type of attacker gets the bonus against their defense? Lots of fun ways to play with the idea.
    Wicket329 said:

Hmmmm, doing it via tag could be interesting. For example, if Symbiotes get a point bonus, alliances could structure their defense to be specifically challenging to those attackers. This is a very solid idea. Lots to flesh out with it, lots of ways it could be implemented. But it would give the players a new dimension to consider without barring anything. Good shout.

Another question I’d have is: is it a rotating bonus, like today’s war is X-Men, next one is Avengers, after that Guardians, etc., or would it be seasonal? Or would an alliance be able to choose what type of attacker gets the bonus against their defense? Lots of fun ways to play with the idea.
    I think Seasonal would be cool. Tie it in to the theme of the Season.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I kind of agree but I think that the biggest problem right now is not whether or not she should be nerfed. The bigger problem by far is people who have her being able to completely cheese competitive content. This throws the balance off completely. Luckily we're not mid-season because if we were, Kabam would have basically given the lucky few who have her a complete cheat code to that whole season's standings.

This needs to change - ASAP - and I agree that the best way to change it is probably to remove the overabundance of true focus nodes instead of nerfing Kitty. That would remove a lot of other pain points as well.

I try to not rag on Kabam too much because there are a lot of other people doing that already, but it sometimes feels like there's a huge disconnect between the people designing champion and the people designing content. Instead of working in tandem, they almost seem to have an adversarial relationship where the champion designers try to work around the content designers' ideas. Obviously, that's sort of how it should work - a back and forth of offering players hurdles to overcome and solutions to overcome them with - but for some time it has really seemed like there needs to be more and better communication between the two groups so that we don't land in ridiculous situations such as this.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    To all those who think she should be nerfed:

should we also nerf Ronan? There are several nodes in the game which he can completely cheese and make a total mockery of, including many late act 6 and act 7 lanes.

Oh, While we are at it, why not doctor doom and half the mystic champs. Several more things which their MD abilities totally cheese.

And Human torch, lots of enemies and nodes you can practically autofight with him / even an act 7 path you couldn't lose even if you tried.

The real thing to do is to 1: try to minimize the number of opportunities to do this. One fight... no problem. 1/3 of war and all hard content... nah, doesn't make sense.

So need to go back to drawing board, and if anything nerf quake and ghost. Maybe put in a short timers before they can phase / evade again. Something similar to what what was done with Hood.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 232 ★★★
    Just flat out nerfing KP is not the answer. It’s been addressed many time’s over in this thread already.

Kabam has their back against the wall with this one. If KP is nerfed I think it may be the final straw for a lot of summoners. A lot of cash, time and units were spent to acquire this champion. This was all based on her abilities. And I feel this time sending was crystals to compensate isn’t going to cover it.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    my god kabam actually did something right for once. maybe now they'll take true focus out everywhere
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Sure, attacker bans.

Now every alliance will ban Ghost, Quake and Maw from the entire map.

Nope ...

Sure, attacker bans.

Now every alliance will ban Ghost, Quake and Maw from the entire map.

Nope ...

https://youtu.be/rsRjQDrDnY8
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281796/alliance-wars-update-kitty-pride-true-focus-attacker-bans#latest

Brilliant news, true focus is going. Cheese will no longer be in AW and no nerf needed.

The “Nerf Kitty” Apocalypse is over!

I'm just happy true focus is finally gone

Also find it funny how people were trying to convince themselves true focus wasn't meant for quake and ghost when this is what's said after getting rid of it.

"That’s right, Summoners! Dust off your Quakes and your Ghosts"
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Kitty, what on Earth are u doing?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,140 ★★★★★

I always love how it’s unintended even though the new champion counters the nodes you just released to nerf other characters. Anyone who read Kitty’s abilities could have told you true focus would make her bonkers. I think most people at Kabam don’t even know their own game.

They even said it in the comments of her deep dive i believe that people asked about true focus and they said look at the sig they clearly knew it was to counter the node
    Bendy said:

I always love how it’s unintended even though the new champion counters the nodes you just released to nerf other characters. Anyone who read Kitty’s abilities could have told you true focus would make her bonkers. I think most people at Kabam don’t even know their own game.

They even said it in the comments of her deep dive i believe that people asked about true focus and they said look at the sig they clearly knew it was to counter the node

Very fair point. I think the only possible explanation is that Kabam just didn’t put two and two together that Kitty can cheese true focus and there is true focus all over AW.

But even that seems flimsy.

Bendy said:

Very fair point. I think the only possible explanation is that Kabam just didn’t put two and two together that Kitty can cheese true focus and there is true focus all over AW.

Yeah should of tested more personally
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

They definitely put two and two together.
    They just didn't care until it was apparent the playerbase had a problem with it.
    Not noticing this interaction is such a big oversight I don't think even kabam could have missed it.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281796/alliance-wars-update-kitty-pride-true-focus-attacker-bans#latest

Brilliant news, true focus is going. Cheese will no longer be in AW and no nerf needed.

The “Nerf Kitty” Apocalypse is over!

I hope so.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Is she going to be nerfed for some reason?

Bendy said:

They definitely put two and two together.
    They just didn't care until it was apparent the playerbase had a problem with it.
    Not noticing this interaction is such a big oversight I don't think even kabam could have missed it.

Yep, it is looking that way

She aint being nerfed there just changing wars for a couple season for bans yet even though they knew it was gonna be a cheese option when they said how it interacts with whats been on war mini island for a while
    Bendy said:

She aint being nerfed there just changing wars for a couple season for bans yet even though they knew it was gonna be a cheese option when they said how it interacts with whats been on war mini island for a while
    So why is this thread so big? No nerfs and we move on?

Sorry. What am I missing?

Bendy said:

I wrote this yesterday saying Kitty shouldn’t be nerfed, true focus should be removed before the announcement that true focus was going to be removed.

I wrote it on the back of a few you tubers and a few people in line chats were saying she should be nerfed.

Obviously it’s all sorted now, Kitty won’t be nerfed. But that’s why the thread got quite a lot of views, most were before the announcement

Bendy said:

I wrote this yesterday saying Kitty shouldn’t be nerfed, true focus should be removed before the announcement that true focus was going to be removed.

I wrote it on the back of a few you tubers and a few people in line chats were saying she should be nerfed.

Obviously it’s all sorted now, Kitty won’t be nerfed. But that’s why the thread got quite a lot of views, most were before the announcement
    Thanks. Makes more sense now.

I feel like we deliberate things to try and prove points instead of closing the chapter and starting a new one. That makes more sense.

Cheers
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Can someone please share the link to the nerf announcement?

Can someone please share the link to the nerf announcement?

There isn’t going to be a nerf

True focus is being removed, Kitty stays the same