**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kitty shouldn't be nerfed

124»

Comments

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

Can someone please share the link to the nerf announcement?

There isn’t going to be a nerf

True focus is being removed, Kitty stays the same

Oh okay.
  • I'm just appalled by how they say that the true focus interaction is unintentionally powerful. How did they not test this out before releasing her on live servers?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

I always love how it’s unintended even though the new champion counters the nodes you just released to nerf other characters. Anyone who read Kitty’s abilities could have told you true focus would make her bonkers. I think most people at Kabam don’t even know their own game.

They even said it in the comments of her deep dive i believe that people asked about true focus and they said look at the sig they clearly knew it was to counter the node

Very fair point. I think the only possible explanation is that Kabam just didn’t put two and two together that Kitty can cheese true focus and there is true focus all over AW.

But even that seems flimsy.
    This makes me think that the Champion Design Team actually does do plenty of testing, but the Content Design Team really only skims the notes they’re given. Based on the screenshots above, it’s obvious that *somebody* knew about this interaction and that the issue was a lack of communication, not a lack of testing.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Bendy said:

I always love how it’s unintended even though the new champion counters the nodes you just released to nerf other characters. Anyone who read Kitty’s abilities could have told you true focus would make her bonkers. I think most people at Kabam don’t even know their own game.

They even said it in the comments of her deep dive i believe that people asked about true focus and they said look at the sig they clearly knew it was to counter the node

Very fair point. I think the only possible explanation is that Kabam just didn’t put two and two together that Kitty can cheese true focus and there is true focus all over AW.

This makes me think that the Champion Design Team actually does do plenty of testing, but the Content Design Team really only skims the notes they’re given. Based on the screenshots above, it’s obvious that *somebody* knew about this interaction and that the issue was a lack of communication, not a lack of testing.
    I had thought about that, but I mean, Kabam Broccoli designed Kitty right. And he’s confirmed that he watches a lot of youtubers, meaning he has to have some idea about AW, having also played at a very high tier himself at one point.

He designed Kitty, but didn’t warn anyone that she would dominate the mode? I don’t believe that. I think they just thought it would be ok, and not many would mind. They have to have known how insane Kitty was going to be
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Bendy said:

I had thought about that, but I mean, Kabam Broccoli designed Kitty right. And he’s confirmed that he watches a lot of youtubers, meaning he has to have some idea about AW, having also played at a very high tier himself at one point.

He designed Kitty, but didn’t warn anyone that she would dominate the mode? I don’t believe that. I think they just thought it would be ok, and not many would mind. They have to have known how insane Kitty was going to be
    There's really no way it slipped through the cracks, she was literally shown countering miss counters in her deep dive and the comments had plenty of responses from the official mcoc channel stating the bonus she'd get against miss counters and true focus in AW.

Do people really believe they specifically gave her the ability to cheese miss counters and somehow didn't intend for her to be used on the boss island where everyone counters miss?

I know people joke about how bad kabams testing is but they'd have to read her abilities with their eyes closed to miss this.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Bendy said:

He did seem to imply he stopped AW at least a year ago - back when there was no true focus on the boss island. If the design team only tested her on true focus in some generic quest (like cav eq) and not in a proper AW scenario I can see how they might miss this, especially if they didnt try her out with power boosts etc.