**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Not enjoying 7.1

2»

Comments

• tofuシtofuシ Posts: 220 ★★

I can not express my frustration enough.
    I’ve heard so many people talk about how much more fun and enjoyable act 7 is
    I’m now on the final quest of chapter 1 and I honestly think this has been the worst chapter experience I’ve ever had. It’s not enjoyable. Some of the node champ combinations are silly annoying, and the nodes and payoff dosn’t feel good. There are plenty of moments in each chapter of act 6 I can look back on in fondness, but so far this chapter has just kind of been a bore.

sounds like a "you" problem
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I think the love of Act 7 is multiplied by the hate of Act 6. Especially pre-nerf Act 6. Enjoying Act 6 definitely makes you an odd duck. Not a bad thing, we like those here.

So uh, out of curiosity, what parts of Act 6 did you enjoy? What parts of Act 7 did you dislike?

Not really. There are so many players that enjoyed pre-nerf Act 6 over Act 7.
    Most notably @danielmath @xNig @Worknprogress @BeroMan I think @Lvernon15 too. And I am certain that they know others too.
    I've come around on my feelings toward act 7 quite a bit. I don't think it's bad content at all and is probably better for the long term health of the game but I definitely felt like I accomplished something more after finishing act 6 chapters than I do with act 7. Now it's more just fun new content and a reward influx to smash through and not take overly seriously as opposed to something I need to overcome with planning/roster.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Take the clapback path and face roll with torch
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Sounds like you weren't prepared.

I'll say that you should always check some YouTube video or read up on the easy path and boss counters.

Ice Phoenix was a killer boss 3 years back, now there's so many counters.

Act 7 is not easier per se but is much more enjoyable than act 6.

Alright I may have misread that. My fault. But so far, I’ve had more fun, interesting and challenging content from act 6 that I’ve enjoyed from every chapter. This chapter has had 0 moments I can look back on in enjoyment. For me it’s mostly been a slog with some stupid roadblocks along the way
    @IronGladiator22
    Probably we're playing different games lol

You said act 7 is easy in some posts and here you've said that there are roadblocks, now I'm just confused.

Act 7 is a fun little ride that can be explored without much fuss. I'm working on act 6 exploration now and it's a chore. Sure I need to think a lot about who to use, what's the node and boss but act 7.1 was fun in the way that I could use any/all my champs and not feel restricted, like I do in act 6.

Also that GM fight is BS imo, I don't have the skills for that, nor the patience for such high healthpools.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    The paths are fun. Its just mega easy.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If you’re having issues with act 7 then you’re simply not ready to take on the chapter whether it’s skill or roster. For a decently developed roster 7.1 and 7.2 are both fun and easy. I cleared all of that with stash and came out positive in units from exploration completion. I would suggest taking the time to watch some YouTube videos and see where you’re going wrong. I went in blind but usually always do, some folks can’t do that. Before you say it, I’m not a whale and do not have every single champ in the game. My initial 7.1 100% believe I had 3 rank 3s and my 100% 7.2 I believe I had 5 maybe 6 rank 3s. I just strategized, read the nodes and tried bringing the right counters. Or played around the need for those counters.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited September 2021

If you’re having issues with act 7 then you’re simply not ready to take on the chapter whether it’s skill or roster. For a decently developed roster 7.1 and 7.2 are both fun and easy. I cleared all of that with stash and came out positive in units from exploration completion. I would suggest taking the time to watch some YouTube videos and see where you’re going wrong. I went in blind but usually always do, some folks can’t do that. Before you say it, I’m not a whale and do not have every single champ in the game. My initial 7.1 100% believe I had 3 rank 3s and my 100% 7.2 I believe I had 5 maybe 6 rank 3s. I just strategized, read the nodes and tried bringing the right counters. Or played around the need for those counters.

I never meant to come across as I was struggling with the content itself. My main point was that it’s not my type of content. When I brought up roadblocks, I was mentioning a mistake or two I made along the way. Nothing to do with the actual content itself. I’m only human
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Just make chapt 3 … i doed all act 7 by r 3 Diablo

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

People like act 7 because it’s easy af and they like opening rewards, act 6 prenerf was much better designed overall. You could go in day 1 to 7.1 and 100% it in a single day without much planning or resource management at all. I don’t think you could even go into 6.1 at the time of release and cruise through it to the extent of act 7

Act 6 (nerf or no nerf) designed better??? Just 6.2 alone was, and still is poorly designed, with TEN long paths per chapter, (plus gated paths in .5 and .6). Did you enjoy fighting Mordo 10 times? When 6.2 came out, there were no 5/65s or 6* rank2s. Attack and health values for the enemies were tuned way up. Also there were a few “pain points” with the sinister and champion bosses in 6.2 with less options than we have today. Then 6.3 came out &. that was a swing and a miss by kabam with those chapter boosts. I wish I could get rid of them from the store. Thankfully, 6.3 and 6.4 has less than 10 paths.

Act 7 offers different bosses in each chapter, less drawn out paths, and an option to swap out 1 of your heroes before fighting the boss.

• GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

People like act 7 because it’s easy af and they like opening rewards, act 6 prenerf was much better designed overall. You could go in day 1 to 7.1 and 100% it in a single day without much planning or resource management at all. I don’t think you could even go into 6.1 at the time of release and cruise through it to the extent of act 7

When 6.2 came out, there were no 5/65s or 6* rank2s.
    Um, what? Yes there were. And being difficult is exactly why act 6 is better designed. I enjoy having to think critically to find counters for difficult lanes, and my roster (which was admittedly much smaller when exploring act 6) was actually challenged to find counters to certain lanes. Every lane felt like an accomplishment. Act 7 just feels like a glorified Cav EQ: knock it down quickly then move on to something else, sorry not sorry. I’m not saying it’s poorly designed for the community as a whole but if you compare relative difficulty of act 6 upon release with act 7 upon release, then it’s a total meme

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

When 6.2 came out, there were no 5/65s or 6* rank2s.
    Um, what? Yes there were. And being difficult is exactly why act 6 is better designed. I enjoy having to think critically to find counters for difficult lanes, and my roster (which was admittedly much smaller when exploring act 6) was actually challenged to find counters to certain lanes. Every lane felt like an accomplishment. Act 7 just feels like a glorified Cav EQ: knock it down quickly then move on to something else, sorry not sorry. I’m not saying it’s poorly designed for the community as a whole but if you compare relative difficulty of act 6 upon release with act 7 upon release, then it’s a total meme

You’re correct and I was mistaken about the no rank5/rank2 thing. I didn’t feel like I was accomplishing much thru 6.2 at all. Having 10 path killed most of the enjoyment for me. We can agree to disagree.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★

I can not express my frustration enough.
    I’ve heard so many people talk about how much more fun and enjoyable act 7 is
    I’m now on the final quest of chapter 1 and I honestly think this has been the worst chapter experience I’ve ever had. It’s not enjoyable. Some of the node champ combinations are silly annoying, and the nodes and payoff dosn’t feel good. There are plenty of moments in each chapter of act 6 I can look back on in fondness, but so far this chapter has just kind of been a bore.

I've only done easy paths and for easy paths 7.1 is >>>>>>>> act 6. I don't have much fondness of act 6 even the easy paths (except icarus).