**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many have noticed a gold shortage for ranking champs?

NatBornKillaNatBornKilla Posts: 68
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
I use to have over 8 million gold consistently, not anymore. Now I roughly only maintain about 5-800k. Why is gold becoming more and more difficult to obtain? You rank 1 champ, and you are broke.

How many have noticed a gold shortage for ranking champs? 249 votes

Yes
65%
DL864tlhMcBrumwinterthurRotmgmoddyVoluntarisMattyloNMEONESKpatrixVdh2008BigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerStavelotXoteWhododo872VavasourIronDevilGolden_GuardiansupermanMKZBadroseTitan_A97 162 votes
No
31%
DaMunkGroundedWisdomDraco2199Stara99AegonTNevvBRB6942danielmathGimli_SoGvd016GbSarkarLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelMegaSkater67TBJ1118Haji_SaabNoob_2yrsSwe_wolfisSMiller80MagicBenton 79 votes
I sale champs and ISO for gold
3%
Primmer79SonOfGwynbutterszero7[Deleted User]dolann__Oseus98Kickenwing306 8 votes

Comments

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Yes
    Best thing I’ve thought of is saving gold crystals and arena crystals until there is a 20% gold boost. I’ve got 250 gold crystals ready for it

I'm trying this too, but I keep running out of gold and need to open them to rank up champs lol
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Yes
    When more rank up materials are made obtainable easier, Gold will be in shortage.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    This is one reason why I think the gold in quest should be adjusted to better reflect the difficulty and the needs of the players completing them. The champs should drop way more in Master than heroic, the drops should be better, better iso, more imaginitive chest contents, better ambush drops and gold from ambushes, at the end of a path you should get a gold crystal once something else the next instead of another usless and irritating quest crystal! The awards structure in quests needs a total revamp. Seriously! To me as it stands now, it is just rediculously lazy on Kabam's part. Creativity beyond hero's is needed...
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    No
    I never go below 2 mil. If I happen to come close to 2 mil I simply stop spending it for a couple of days and build it back up. That way I’ve always got plenty of I get a new champ i want to rank straight away or something. A while ago I had about 30k most and couldn’t get it up again. So I used the gold realm to get about 3 mil and since then never dropped below 2. Having a limit is a really good way to manage it well imo. You don’t find yourself desperate to get more gold.
  • IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    Yes
    I never go below 2 mil. If I happen to come close to 2 mil I simply stop spending it for a couple of days and build it back up. That way I’ve always got plenty of I get a new champ i want to rank straight away or something. A while ago I had about 30k most and couldn’t get it up again. So I used the gold realm to get about 3 mil and since then never dropped below 2. Having a limit is a really good way to manage it well imo. You don’t find yourself desperate to get more gold.

I’m on about 2mil gold but once you reach the point where you get a crazy amount of t4cc you’ll always have champs to rank up. Spent 1mil yesterday but got rid of 6 t4cc at the same time.
    Yeah I maintain 8m but it is an issue for many and better payoffs for path completion and in game drops like gold crystals would help them out the other drops hopefully would help you out.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Yes
    It's really bad, especially at higher levels. I cant even rank my 5 * stark for forever. Too much gold and t4 b
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    Yes
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    I have 37m in gold and 34 5*s, can't get below 35m if I try.

Nice problem to have...
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    No

I hear ya. I only have 28 5* but 109 4*. I wish there was a store to spend my gold on. Sitting at 53 million and still going up and never done a gold realm. If the stupid uncollected arena crystal wasn't set at 95% gold for me(it just seems that way). 300 units in last 500k bc.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Yes
    Farm gold in ROL
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    No
    I have done nothing but continue to gain more gold which I can use for nothing. Do you run less arena? Arena crystals give mad gold as opposed to units. You leveling more than you used to?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    I've got almost 12 million gold. T1 alphas on the other hand...
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    You need to work the arenas more,I upgrade champs and my gold is at an all time high of 2 million
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Work the arenas my gold is at an all time high over 2 million and it wont go down.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No
    No issues with Gold. I always keep a steady balance.
    Part of the shortage comes from turning over so many arena chips. That is where the all money is...
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Yes
    Best thing I’ve thought of is saving gold crystals and arena crystals until there is a 20% gold boost. I’ve got 250 gold crystals ready for it

you thought of it? or you watched BG youtube video and got the idea from him?
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Yes
    Ranking up 5 stars to rank 3 and to rank 4 is expensive.. and still rank 5 the god tier 4 star champs..
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Yes

maybe for a top player like you but for the remaining people we have a lot of shortage of gold
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    No
    I have too much gold but not enough alphas. Alphas are back to being a bottle neck
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    No
    i keep staying around 14 million. my shortages are in t4b. can't get them fast enough.

I did the first gold rush and i got 10 10 million and it just kept going up as i was selling expiring ISO.

That's with 99 4* and 29 5*.

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Yes
    A better questions would be, "Who's ranking a bunch of 5* champs?" Most who aren't short on gold/t1a/t4b have either already ranked their roster or don't have one that is costly to rank.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    No
    Gold isn't a problem. What I don't have is t4b...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No
    Just grind arena. It’ll solve all your gold problems. Sitting on 35m and I donate half a mil every week.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Yes
    A better questions would be, "Who's ranking a bunch of 5* champs?" Most who aren't short on gold/t1a/t4b have either already ranked their roster or don't have one that is costly to rank.

And this is the question. Those that aren't have plenty gold. Those that are , the shortage is bad. My alliance is 10 half million and we are struggling.
  • ZerovZerov Posts: 26
    No
    I have almost 42 million gold, and it keeps on growing
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    No
    Not me .. I never go below 4 mil .. It's not that hard to farm gold .. and Arenas are the best way to get all the gold you need
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Yes
    I'm on MCOC welfare right now. Pretty soon I'm going to need a pimp and work my assets off on the corner for Gold. Gold quests can't come back fast enough.