**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yondu

mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
I’m curious, what exactly prevents parry on yondu? I was reading his description but I didn’t see any mention of that... I’m sure I’m missing something but can’t figure out what exactly, can someone enlighten me? Thanks

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    He attacks with an arrow on light attacks. Can’t exactly stun him by blocking an arrow. You can parry his medium attacks so make him dash at you when you parry
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    To elaborate on Deadbyrd's post, Yondu's light attack is a projectile. Projectiles are stun immune.

If you want to parry Yondu, you have to block his dash attacks. Anything up close is uncertain and taking a hit from his arrow can cause bleed even if you're blocking.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I never play with sound but there are audible tells and Yondu's whistle makes it easy to evade or parry depending on whether his arrow is in play. Keep the damn music off but put on the sound for Yondu and you will find that he's easy to fight. I don't use sound for him anymore but it helped me figure him out.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    To elaborate on Deadbyrd's post, Yondu's light attack is a projectile. Projectiles are stun immune.

If you want to parry Yondu, you have to block his dash attacks. Anything up close is uncertain and taking a hit from his arrow can cause bleed even if you're blocking.

Yondu's arrow stun immunity is only a trick to nullify parry mastery...

Parry mastery descritption says "if well-timed blocked and if there's a contact, opponent get stunned". There's no need of a physical contact, or all champs using items (Drax, GR, Elektra, ...) would be stun immune. That's ridiculous how Kabam allways find a way to take back what they gave (I should say what you earned).
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Yondu's arrow stun immunity is only a trick to nullify parry mastery...

Parry mastery descritption says "if well-timed blocked and if there's a contact, opponent get stunned". There's no need of a physical contact, or all champs using items (Drax, GR, Elektra, ...) would be stun immune. That's ridiculous how Kabam allways find a way to take back what they gave (I should say what you earned).

projectiles are stun immune.. not a trick.. Previously special 1 and 2 attacks could be parry-stunned, but people like spiderman (sp1) and war-machine (sp1) couldnt be parry-stunned because the specials were projectiles
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    i've been wanting yondu since the day he came out, and I haven't even got a 3 star version and everyone in my server has been getting him. I almost got a 4 star yondu from my 4 star crystal but got a red hulk dup instead....
  • mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
    Ahhh, ok, I see now... I knew I was missing something... Thanks people!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can parry other weapons. Parry is a word used in sword fighting
  • MMA also ^
  • CloutlordreeCloutlordree Posts: 110
    edited November 2017