**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

variant 7 -Revive farming removed ?

2»

Comments

• LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★

DrZola said:

Two things:

1) Respawning isn’t guaranteed. Even if a quest tends to have pots on paths.
    2) Are you daft? If there is a quest that reliably gives revives, why would you bring attention to it here of all places?

Dr. Zola

There's no way Kabam wouldn't know about it, and they have no reason to change it as it's still Completely Random and costs a bunch of Energy.
    It's not an exploit like the old Act 1 Quest which pretty much always gave Revives while only costing 3 or 4 energy per run.

Also no it is not removed I just grinded some yesterday and have had 6 empty runs in a row in the past, you just got unlucky.
    Wait that’s why they changed it?? We’ll that makes more sense then them trying to make it more challenging to teach players how to play I guess
  • AsimDXBAsimDXB Posts: 32
    Someone please pull this thread down!!
    Need to be hush hush about our farming areas!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

One thing is for sure, these revives are hurting mercs... And that's a good thing for the game.
    A suspicious account was made few months ago, posted about the v7 revives, just to bring it down.
    Screw you mercs...

yeah i rememebr someone saying that
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Ps_cr7 said:

I went in 5 times but I didn't get any revive in any of paths. I finished quest everytime.

You have any problem with ppl getting easy revives? Like why would you talk about it here of all places
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Well either…I’m right or I get to keep farming. Either, way this will age well for me. This is the same energy as the is Kitty Pryde op and should we need her threads.

Talking about stuff that benefits the players? We don’t do that here.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    AsimDXB said:

Someone please pull this thread down!!
    Need to be hush hush about our farming areas!

Ps_cr7 said:

I went in 5 times but I didn't get any revive in any of paths. I finished quest everytime.

You have any problem with ppl getting easy revives? Like why would you talk about it here of all places
    There's nothing to be hidden, Kabam Knows and it's Balanced enough for them to not care. Stop villainizing people who mention it
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

It’s fun to think it’s a hidden trick among players, but not very rational. Keep in mind that Kabam has plenty of data on what we play in the game. I’m sure they would wonder why certain anomalies exist in that data.

Also, what’s a revive farm and how can I purchase one??

The Act 1 revive farm got shut down within a day or two of someone posting about it on the Forum. Even if they know about something it's not a good idea to poke the bear lol.

Ebony_Naw said:

It’s fun to think it’s a hidden trick among players, but not very rational. Keep in mind that Kabam has plenty of data on what we play in the game. I’m sure they would wonder why certain anomalies exist in that data.

The Act 1 revive farm got shut down within a day or two of someone posting about it on the Forum. Even if they know about something it's not a good idea to poke the bear lol.
    Thr Act 1 spot was basically an Exploit, it was almost guaranteed to spawn a Revive and the Whole Quest was only like 4 Energy Total to Clear And Reset.
    V7.2.2 takes nearly a Full Bar of Energy to Clear and Reset as well is much more random in Spawn Rate as you can go 4 or 5 runs in a row with no Revive spawning, and since an Energy Refill Costs 30 Units it's much more fairly balanced than the Act 1 Spam.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Thr Act 1 spot was basically an Exploit, it was almost guaranteed to spawn a Revive and the Whole Quest was only like 4 Energy Total to Clear And Reset.
    V7.2.2 takes nearly a Full Bar of Energy to Clear and Reset as well is much more random in Spawn Rate as you can go 4 or 5 runs in a row with no Revive spawning, and since an Energy Refill Costs 30 Units it's much more fairly balanced than the Act 1 Spam.
    I agree but none of that is relevant to my point. It was stated that Kabam knows about it therefore it doesn't matter whether or not people post about it on the Forum. The Act 1 spot existed for a long time but was shut down almost immediately after it was posted on the Forum. Unless you think it was a coincidence, the conclusion would be that posting about something like this can motivate Kabam to change it.

Ebony_Naw said:

I agree but none of that is relevant to my point. It was stated that Kabam knows about it therefore it doesn't matter whether or not people post about it on the Forum. The Act 1 spot existed for a long time but was shut down almost immediately after it was posted on the Forum. Unless you think it was a coincidence, the conclusion would be that posting about something like this can motivate Kabam to change it.
    Nope because they have no reason to change this one, Act1 was giving Insane Value for practically no Cost, as for V7.2.2...

1 Energy Refill Costs 30 Units, to clear and reset the Path it takes just under 70 Energy, meaning you could equate this to 30 Units per L1 Revive.
    L2 Revives heal 40% Health and cost 40 Units, so it's reasonable to say if you could purchase L1 Revives which heal 20% Health that they'd cost roughly 30 Units. Not to mention the fact that the Spawn isn't Guaranteed and could cost you another Energy Refill and 30 Units, or Several if you get a bad luck streak, to get another Revive.

Ebony_Naw said:

Nope because they have no reason to change this one, Act1 was giving Insane Value for practically no Cost, as for V7.2.2...

1 Energy Refill Costs 30 Units, to clear and reset the Path it takes just under 70 Energy, meaning you could equate this to 30 Units per L1 Revive.
    L2 Revives heal 40% Health and cost 40 Units, so it's reasonable to say if you could purchase L1 Revives which heal 20% Health that they'd cost roughly 30 Units. Not to mention the fact that the Spawn isn't Guaranteed and could cost you another Energy Refill and 30 Units, or Several if you get a bad luck streak, to get another Revive.
    And after the Act 1 incident they would be much more alert to situations like that, they likely noticed this spike in players playing the Normal Difficulty Quest almost immediately but after looking at the data deemed it balanced enough to keep in.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    OP had an issue, which is resolved through comments. We see these threads once every 2-3 months.
    So let this thread die in peace. Amen
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    I believe the most recent “maintenance” has eliminated this revive farming in variant 7. I haven’t seen revives popping up as much the last few days as before. Previous I’ve not had more than 2 runs without one revive but today I didn’t see one in at least 5 runs.
  • NimsKetchumNimsKetchum Posts: 59
    Nalak8 said:

I believe the most recent “maintenance” has eliminated this revive farming in variant 7. I haven’t seen revives popping up as much the last few days as before. Previous I’ve not had more than 2 runs without one revive but today I didn’t see one in at least 5 runs.

Exactly! Well, I am not surprised at all..... :)
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

drop rate already changed from 70% to 30% on my side.

Look at this guy going straight into the game files to find the exact percentage change.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Look at this guy going straight into the game files to find the exact percentage change.
    @RichardSlugberg is it possible for you to do this?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Let this thread die sheesh
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Nalak8 said:

My alliance mates and I experienced the same last 2 days, revives are popping up but at a much reduced rate.

Thank you OP for creating this thread.
    @Ps_cr7

@RichardSlugberg is it possible for you to do this?
    No 😂