**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Auntm update

Just wanted to share this amazing update from auntm.ai

I want to tag him to thank him but idk his @ sign

Very easy to find champs now specially since kabams duels have practically disappeared

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I would suggest to take away side quest? They are only temporary event
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I agree and thank him for doing all this effort to make our lives in MCOC easier haha. If i may add though, hazard shift node is not on there yet haha, perhaps in due time.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    @RichardSlugberg Hi, is it possible to add a module in AuntM.ai for building synergy team for arena grinding? e.g. Player can input his 6*/5* roster into the database and the module will suggest the best synergy team combinations in arena. Thanks.
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    @RichardSlugberg Would it be possible to update AW tags and filters for Defence and Attack tactics for next season?

Appreciate all your great work btw, i use Auntmai so much i can not imagine how it was without her.
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Reference said:

@RichardSlugberg Hi, is it possible to add a module in AuntM.ai for building synergy team for arena grinding? e.g. Player can input his 6*/5* roster into the database and the module will suggest the best synergy team combinations in arena. Thanks.

You'd probably need to define what you mean by "best."
    That's what parameters are for! :)
    DNA3000 said:

The fact that DS is expanding Auntm.ai to content information is a huge benefit to the players. It has been a while since I've personally thanked him for that resource, so: thank you. I cannot imagine MCOC without Auntm.ai.

Thanks! It's something I've been meaning to add for a long time, although that list is a mile long.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Yeah the new update is rly good. It’s gonna be rly helpful in the future.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 384 ★★
    Still wonder who or which organization create Auntm.ai, very helpful indeed!

Also, suggest them to make a list of useful champs like Seatin's best tier champs ranked
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Halley said:

Also, suggest them to make a list of useful champs like Seatin's best tier champs ranked

Gonna have to disagree with the tier list idea, because that is subjective, whereas everything else is actual in game info
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Maybe not in game always but you know what I mean
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

We really shouldn't expect one man's site to do everything for us! There's an amazing amount of work going on here already - thank you, Richard!

For @Reference (LOL) - Take a look at Marvel Synergy Guide to help you out: https://www.marvelsynergy.com/
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Whatever you decide to add, here’s a heartfelt thanks for your hard work @RichardSlugberg

Dr. Zola

Reference said:

We really shouldn't expect one man's site to do everything for us! There's an amazing amount of work going on here already - thank you, Richard!

For @Reference (LOL) - Take a look at Marvel Synergy Guide to help you out: https://www.marvelsynergy.com/
    Thanks for tag me. I know this site but I guess you don’t understand what I’m looking for. Thanks anyway.
    Halley said:

Thank you! As DNA implied ... "yo". Although I get a lot of invaluable feedback from all over, and sometimes workshop ideas with content creators, I'd have given up on making the site a long time ago if not for this community.

DNA3000 said:

I suspect tier lists are the farthest thing from his mind, as his current focus is on expanding the information he provides to the players on the Auntm.ai site. Tier lists are a big pile of misery for anyone maintaining one.

Malreck04 said:

Gonna have to disagree with the tier list idea, because that is subjective, whereas everything else is actual in game info

I haven't dismissed tier lists and frequently think about the value they do provide - maybe they cause more harm than good, but there was a reason they became so popular (beyond Seatin's charisma). I've had ideas in the space, and even have some early prototypes/collaborations. The challenge is going to be creating a system that is a good baseline for gathering info, that doesn't perpetuate the problems caused by oversimplification. Giving people a starting place is great, but having that next step (context awaress) will be critical.

I'm usually a little hesitant to talk through ideas openly, my design process is typically "design for the moonshot, then reel it back in", and that causes me to let people down when I don't get to it :)

G.O.A.T. = richardslugberg . . next celebrity type challenge should be in your honor sir . the handy helper title or the information assassin . . thanks for all your continued work you put in for us .

While this little burst is probably the most exposure I've gotten in a while (us slugs are sensitive to salt, you see), and it's hard not to bask in the ego boost - there are people working a lot harder than I am* on helping the community and this game grow and improve. *There's a saying in programming about the beneficial quality of being lazy ... and oh boy am I lazy...
    DrZola said:

Whatever you decide to add, here’s a heartfelt thanks for your hard work @RichardSlugberg

Dr. Zola

And a heartfelt your welcome back!

First of all I apologise for using a vague word "best", here I mean to obtain the optimised synergy combination options.

And I'm not just talking about normal synergy partner, but also "reverse synergy" partner i.e. Champ A have synergy with Champ B/C/D/E but not Champ F. However, this Champ F could have synergy relationship with Champ A.

If you have only 3 champs in roster, it is easy to find out their relationship one by one. What if expanding to 170+ or above? Different players have different roster and this is one of the variables. Yes I know some of the common trinity teams but remember all trinity team is only useful if you got the entire roster.

I know this suggestion may not be heard or adopted. I just want to elaborate a bit as this is what a champ database portal can build up on: provide possible synergy team combinations out of a set of roster. This function is mainly for arena grinding.

I guess this function may not be useful if a player only grind 50 rounds (150 fights) for fun. However, this function is meaningful if you want a fast and mindless team combination for 200+ rounds (600+ fights) within 3 days, assuming you can't play 24/7.

The combination is objective suggestion (sort of Excel pivot table for multi-variables) rather than subjective team ranking.

BTW, Seatin also announced that he ceased from making tier list recently.
  • Reference said:

First of all I apologise for using a vague word "best", here I mean to obtain the optimised synergy combination options.

And I'm not just talking about normal synergy partner, but also "reverse synergy" partner i.e. Champ A have synergy with Champ B/C/D/E but not Champ F. However, this Champ F could have synergy relationship with Champ A.

If you have only 3 champs in roster, it is easy to find out their relationship one by one. What if expanding to 170+ or above? Different players have different roster and this is one of the variables. Yes I know some of the common trinity teams but remember all trinity team is only useful if you got the entire roster.

I know this suggestion may not be heard or adopted. I just want to elaborate a bit as this is what a champ database portal can build up on: provide possible synergy team combinations out of a set of roster. This function is mainly for arena grinding.
    When I said "depends on what you mean by best" what I meant is there's the question of what you're trying to optimize. Are you trying to have the maximum number of teams synergized? Are you trying to find the highest single scoring team in your roster? Or are you trying to maximize your total points possible with a single run through?

You may or may not be aware of this, but the arena actually awards more points for synergy PI boosts than actual PI. In other words, if you formed a team with 30k total PI and none of the champs had synergies with each other, that team would actually score fewer points than a team with 30k total PI that had synergies boosting their PI to that value. As a result, the points you earn in the arena are affected by how you choose to combine champions into teams.

So the question of "what is the optimal team arrangement that generates the most points possible in the arena" is actually a potentially complex question, because the single best (highest) synergy team might not be the best team to form if you're trying to maximize your total points in the arena. A worse synergy team might help you more, if it frees up champions to form other synergy teams that score more points in other teams. To do this for an entire roster of 170 champions could end up being computationally intensive. Interesting, but slow (and it is a problem I've thought about for a while myself).

So "best option" depends on what you're trying to optimize. Best single synergy team, most number of synergy teams, strongest overall synergy teams, or optimal distribution of synergy teams in a roster list. or maybe something else I haven't thought of. All of these things could theoretically be things a player might want to find "the best" of.
    DNA3000 said:

So the question of "what is the optimal team arrangement that generates the most points possible in the arena" is actually a potentially complex question, because the single best (highest) synergy team might not be the best team to form if you're trying to maximize your total points in the arena. A worse synergy team might help you more, if it frees up champions to form other synergy teams that score more points in other teams. To do this for an entire roster of 170 champions could end up being computationally intensive. Interesting, but slow (and it is a problem I've thought about for a while myself).

Good news is these are all surmountable issues.

This is effectively a derivative of the "Bin packing problem" and "Knapsack problem". Combinatoric algorithms are "my day job" and the saying "when you have a hammer, everything's a nail" applies to me for sure, but I've done the napkin architecture for arena team building and it's something I'm looking forward to coding.

I'm not worried about the heuristic parameterization or implementation feasibility, more about time and priorities (this would have to be after opening account registration at the very least).
  • DNA3000 said:

This is effectively a derivative of the "Bin packing problem" and "Knapsack problem". Combinatoric algorithms are "my day job" and the saying "when you have a hammer, everything's a nail" applies to me for sure, but I've done the napkin architecture for arena team building and it's something I'm looking forward to coding.

I'm not worried about the heuristic parameterization or implementation feasibility, more about time and priorities (this would have to be after opening account registration at the very least).
    This is true, but I'm assuming your CPU time is not free, so if too many arena grinders start asking this question I'd be a little concerned we're going to be getting a lot more of those oops pages.

It did occur to me, when I looked at this last, that the correct thing for an arena grinder to do is to defer the lost time spent picking arena teams by using sig stones to place the champions in the right order, factoring in the point changes due to sig levels increasing PI. This would be a second order optimization, and if you want to go nuts with annealing a solution to that problem, let me know when it goes live.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

This is true, but I'm assuming your CPU time is not free, so if too many arena grinders start asking this question I'd be a little concerned we're going to be getting a lot more of those oops pages.

It did occur to me, when I looked at this last, that the correct thing for an arena grinder to do is to defer the lost time spent picking arena teams by using sig stones to place the champions in the right order, factoring in the point changes due to sig levels increasing PI. This would be a second order optimization, and if you want to go nuts with annealing a solution to that problem, let me know when it goes live.
    I stick almost entirely to serverless architectures when I'm able to, so the processing would take place on the asker's device. This is true of the whole site design, I don't have any trackers or third party BS, so when you revisit/navigate the site there's often no communication with a server needed (the redesign will allow for proper offline usage).

That is a parameter that I was considering as well, I hadn't considered using sig stones to adjust placement, but accounting for time sensitivity with team building. Hopefully we can get a cool UI enhancement for saved teams to alleviate that.