**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you value 5* anymore?

i feel as if 5 stars dont have the same hype they use to have.

Do you value 5* anymore? 233 votes

I still love my 5 stars and use them on the daily
60%
MasterSmokeSnakeEyes69SiliyoBendyMr_PlatypusLightburn222StarKingSpity68Ace_03SpeedbumpTheVyrusDrake2078bm3eppsDarkrider05Chagaljkfd2010OliverJWExHavokThatGuyYouSaw235Masterdux 140 votes
I rarely use 5 stars and usually if not always only use my 6 star roster
30%
GamerTheJalliDrZolaBadroseRaganatorHorror_punkVceebenshbRonnieb54mmmbanyaszuffyKDoggg2017LuciusVorenusMaverick75F4k3_GaM3rChamp_ZBpn88855ShakyJake743Duo_KulioSpicyslicer 70 votes
i am still hunting for 5 star champions and still get hyped for 5 star crystal openings (non trophy champs)
9%
Kabam MiikeCaptain_007_StingerbkTotal_Domin01TitoBandito187Fara_JaggedSacSkyLord7000raviXsharmaDarkKnight646FrydayRiptideQuantumEmperorXVCritCapPoseidon1000ILoveDrDoomSHIELD4AGENTWasy1Sergeant_Snuggzy 23 votes

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    I just got thronebreaker but I only have like 5 6* champs I'd consider inveting resources on so I still use my 5* champs all the time and rank some up.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Qacob said:

New 5*s, not really.

I don't have enough iso to level em up. But I still use my already ranked 5*s all the time.

Solid point.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I value them for the ISO and six star shards I get when I dupe them. And when I need to rank up someone for a level up event and I don't have any t5b to rank up a six star.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Lost a lot of excitement towards pulling them however. Still get excited when a fun champ pops up but, at the same time I’ll never rank them up though i say in the back of my head i will. 6*s are the new meta. However i still do use the 5*s that i already have ranked up.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,401 ★★★★★
    Maybe if more of my 6*'s were awakened...
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    5*s are the rocky mountain on which I build the temple of 6*s.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    5* are great still for everything. I only rank 6*s if its someone I would consider R3 or doesn't need a high sig dupe.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'll probably be using 5*s daily until 6r4s become somewhat common, as that's probably quicker to happen than 6* sigstones being common enough to max the champs I like.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Using and ranking are 2 different things. Sure I use my 5 stars still and will continue to do so in the near future. But I'm definitely not planning to rank them unless I really need to.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,821 ★★★★★
    Only in arena
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Champ-dependent.

Bringing the max 5* plus the 6* version of a champ well-suited to a path is almost like expanding the 6* champ’s health pool.

For example, I’ve often paired R5 5* Warlock with the R3 6* version for a specific set of fights (same for 5/6* Red Mags, CGR, Torch etc.). If they’ve got a useful prefight (Torch), it’s a luxury to have that ability in two champs. Just provides insurance in the event mechanics go wonky or I simply play poorly.

For the most part, however, I’m only ranking 5* if they fill a gap or are great in their own right (recent R5 include 5* Kitty and 5* Shang). The issue, as others have highlighted, is that there simply aren’t enough cats to go around.

Dr. Zola
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    5* got me through SOP and Gauntlet. Very valuable.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I use 5*s all the time. I'm not really looking for new 5*s though.
  • I rarely use 5 stars and usually if not always only use my 6 star roster
    I want 1 5* - Magik. Otherwise it’s just like 4* tbh. I tend to try and R3 them for arena purposes and in case it turns out I really need a certain champ I don’t have as a 6* but I’m on 100 6* now, so the 5* less significant than even 6 months ago.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I still use the ones I’ve got ranked plenty, but I’ve got the majority of available 5* champs already so don’t really get too hyped for crystals unless it’s pulling one of the fun looking new champs from Featured or a rare one like Wolvie or SW from incursions crystals.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I just got a 5* cgr and a 6* joe fixit. Hmmmm......
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,296 ★★★★
    With the current availability for rank up resources, 5* and 6* signature stones.. its easier to rank5 sig200 a 5* than getting a 6* to rank4.. so a 5* is still useful and it's much easier to get 5* shards than 6* shards; 5* awaken gem is somehow easier to acquire compared to 6* awaken gem.. I would like to pull a 5* Shang-chi and have the skill awaken gem as well as 5* signature stones but so far haven't got him yet.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I value the 5*s I already have ranked up, but there is no excitement when opening new 5* crystals. To me the only difference between 4* and 5* crystals is the type of shards that are with the 24 iso bricks.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    5* in AW for the major part of my defense because I don’t have enough bothering defenders in 6*, and in AQ to let 6* available for other activities.
    However no more upgrade above rank 2 for a 5* (waste of t4cc) and priority to 6* for all solo quests (in fact I rarely use 5* for them). And of course 6* in AW attack because they are stronger (I have compared the same character as 5r5 and as 6r2).

Playing with 6* is also way to discover some not-so-recent characters that I did not take into consideration among the mass of 5*.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    i am still hunting for 5 star champions and still get hyped for 5 star crystal openings (non trophy champs)
    I pulled 5* AA last week... After 5 years of playing, it made my day. Just took him to R5 and will have a generic gem to awaken him in short order (whenever the generic is available in the paid summer thing... Which I bought today just for that). There aren't many 5* in the game I still look forward too, but there are some I don't have and they would be just fine as 5* to do all the content up to date.

Red magneto, ibom, caiw, void, guardian, claire and many others still putting in a lot of work despite having 8 x 6* R3 and a decent amount of R2s. Especially the ones that need high/max sig to truly unlock their potential. Many of my R3 champs I have as a 5* max already, and I use both - split among AQ, AW and questing.

Can't wait to see what horsemen AA feels like when I dump 130 sig stones into him after awakening.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Still use 5* of course, but I don't give a damn about 5* crystals anymore
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    I'm struggling for collecting the remaining 30 5* champs, yet 9 out of 10 are dupe only even I only focus on Dual and Feature.

Still use 5* substantially as my 6* roster still below 100 and only few r3. 5* still relevant in majority of the content. The only hesitation is rank up, especially when you obtain 6* version in between your targeted 5* rank up process. I found that I sit with more and more 5* at r3 and r4 becoz of that. Dilemma.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    5* are significantly easier to invest and still very much relevant. Plus it's easier to target the 5* versions of new champs than the 6* versions.