**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Useless buffs?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
Kabam's idea for buffing some of the champs was to make them usable. What about champs like Civil Warrior and Nova? Are they usable now :D

Comments

• MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    That Civil warrior is complicated to use :s
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    The Mags got some of the worst buffs, really need a touch up on damage
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    CW was brought to an acceptable level in a vacuum, but the flow of his gameplay is janky. He's just not very practical beyond a certain level, considering block damage and node interactions.

Nova got buffed? Huh. Didn't notice.
    What do guys think about Maw? I guess he got buffed twice.
    Ronin can let me know, is he better now?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Mephisto said:

I believe it was 3 times
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    From what I remember, Punisher 2099 and DDHK buffs came and went, I don't know of anyone that actually uses them
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I've got a 6* R2 Civil Warrior.

His buff wasn't a massive game changer for him, but it did make him a much more "useable" champ.

He's still got an on demand heal block from his heavy, and a really strong power drain on his special 2.

Post buff gave him immunity to nullify and stagger, which can be useful in some circumstances, and is still a bit of a niche utility (there's only a handful of other champs I can think of that have that).

His damage certainly isn't crazy, but it's reasonable depending on how you want to play him.

You can keep armor up buffs, which effectively make him bleed and poison immune at 4, or you can convert those armor ups to furies if you need a damage boost.

Like I said, not a game changing buff, but hands down better than some (looking at you Gamora), and took him out of the meme tiers of champs.
  • They’re certainly better pulls for early accounts now
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    DRTO said:

From what I remember, Punisher 2099 and DDHK buffs came and went, I don't know of anyone that actually uses them

Punisher 2099 I've been using a bit more since I got the first dupe on my 6* last week. He's a pretty fun character to play and the SP2 is pretty satisfying.

DDHK, he's a great Miss counter but the Regen Rate Drop hit him hard, especially for non-6* that don't have the benefit of Adrenaline.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,034 ★★★★★
    well i for one really enjoy using Civil Warrior now. he packs quite the punch and has some nifty utility that goes unnoticed.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

They’re certainly better pulls for early accounts now

Which is first and foremost the Important fact. A lot of these buffs weren't designed with endgame players in mind, it was about giving all the new players a more even field so no matter who they pulled, they could do something.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★

well i for one really enjoy using Civil Warrior now. he packs quite the punch and has some nifty utility that goes unnoticed.

He does - just wish that the Furies dropped off over time or lasted all few seconds longer before a refresh was needed, and that's with Fury and CMM.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Mephisto said:

A frustratingly cool looking champ whose primary purpose is torch-bait diversity points in AW.

As an attacker, his main use is reducing ability power gain rate, but there's far better options for that. If he started in Black Tongue then yeah, but his attacks/degen are still very underwhelming outside of defense.

It's weird, there must be something in his kit that somebody at Kabam is vastly overestimating.