**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine's Update is a Miss (here's why)

124»

Comments

• Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    100% agree with what @DNA3000 just laid out. I really wish we could get insight into what the devs were aiming for on this buff.
  • Jefe92Jefe92 Posts: 2
    New guilly buff is a total bomb. Not much improvement at all… bleed damage is t really any better, regen is almost nothing and sp3 is worse.smh
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Seeing as how this was a community choice buff, I initially had hope for her buff. However, when the spotlight came out I began to have doubts about how much better she would be, and sure, she has quite a bit more damage on her base now compared to before, but that’s the only positive.

Her healing has been drastically decreased from its original potential. While it’s no longer RNG based, it’s become more of a way to heal chip damage from blocking rather than an actual method of sustainability. The fact that it limits the healing to 2% of the opponent’s max health just means that it’s a matchup with a mechanic where you’ll constantly receive damage and you need healing, it’s not going to be of much help.

The update also does next to nothing to address her preexisting lack of utility. She does now have the ability to inflict ruptures on bleed immune enemies, however this ability only becomes 100% reliable at max sig. The other new ability that was added, her new pain link debuff accessible via her sp1, just has no aspect of practicality. While it does allow her to inflict any non-physical damage she receives on her opponent, it offers her no way to mitigate said damage. For opponents with high health pools, any major damage she would take wouldn’t really do too much to the opponent if reflected, making the ability pretty much useless.

As for damage, she has definitely gotten a bump in that department, as her damage now is about a little lower than pre-buff with full synergies, baring the sp3. The souls can now make her hit fairly hard, however they have lost the ability to increase her critical damage rating. While her bleeds can get more damage once she starts ramping up, at their base they deal less damage than before and now have less of a chance to occur unless facing opponents with multiple buffs. Her sp2 can get some nice damage, however the main problem I have is that her specials require her to sacrifice her souls and ramp up, which can take a while to get back depending on RNG. The sp3 was the other main point changed in this area, and seems to be a point of contention for many. It used to be an attack that allowed her to take large chunks off of enemies with large health pools, whereas now it just inflicts an okay degen.

All in all, this update to Guillotine just feels more like a sideways buff than anything else. I wouldn’t really say she was buffed, but I wouldn’t go so far to say that she was nerfed as a whole either. I’m just really disappointed, as she had potential to get a very impactful and exciting buff, but instead got the opposite. If I had any idea that the update would be so underwhelming, I wouldn’t have gone through the arena grinding in order to vote.

• OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    I just smacked winter soldier to the ground with her. Used 1 sp3 somewhere in the middle of the fight. For testing purposes, collected 14 souls and did without exaggerating 1% damage, 1!! (For your understanding, a 6* r3).

Also healing feels very underwhelming, almost nothing at all..

Anyway, my prestige gotten a little bump, that’s cool..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    B1_66ER said:

I really want to rank her up. Is it that bad?

It honestly depends. If you actually played her post-buff and you like her, rank her up. Ultimately, if you like her, that's all that matters. However, if you *used* to like her and you haven't really tested the buff yet, then the question is: why did you like her? If you liked her for her sustainability, I'd say wait to test first, because in my opinion sustainability is much worse. If you liked her for her bleeds and spectre, those did get better.

From an objective point of view, her sustainability got worse, and in my opinion when taken as a whole Guillotine ends up at best a tie with her former self and arguably worse in terms of higher game utility. If you're a brand new player pulling her as one of your very first champs, she's arguably better than she was, mostly because of her higher damage. You don't need utility in the early game, and when you have a tiny roster anything that can kill reasonably fast is useful. But beyond a certain point, what you want is champions in your roster that can perform non-overlapping roles. Meaning: they do something useful, and it is something you don't already have tons of champs doing.

Guillotine 2.0 does not satisfy that requirement, in my opinion. And beyond a certain point in game progress, that's really the overwhelmingly most important thing, at least in terms of performance value. If you like Guillotine because she looks cool or you like large swords, she still satisfies those requirements.
  • TheBroskySlayTheBroskySlay Posts: 21
    My rank 1 6* pre buff finished ROL WS in 50 hits.. now it’s well over 100 hits.

I even find her base damage harder to access and ramp.. crit less often cause you can’t get as many souls, less Crit bleeds.. inconvenient requirement to heavy soam..

Extremely disappointing.. I was stoked to use a rank gem and a bunch of expiring iso now I have to find another option