**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dance Off Write-Up (Carina's Challenge: Star-Lord in LoL)

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I just finished doing the Dance Off challenge and let me say this before I continue with the write-up:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This was a terribly, terribly designed challenge because it isn't a challenge based on skill, it's based on your unit/revive stash. It is literally impossible to do this challenge without reviving. No matter how perfectly you play, you have to revive and that's what makes this challenge so terribly designed.
Anyways, onto the write-up.
So, this wasn't my first attempt at this challenge. When I first did it, I took the short path but ran out of resources at Doctor Strange and had to quit out. I went in then with like 80 revives and 3K units. This time, however, I was taking no chances. I grinded out 108 lvl 1 revives, 5 lvl 2s, and roughly 6K units.
I decided to take the easy path with the Colossus shortcut. Other than a few problem fights (which I'll get to) most fights are doable in 1-4 revives assuming the evade RNG is kind to you, the AI is aggressive, and if the bugs aren't too bad.
These were the problem fights:
Unstoppable Colossus: He's unstoppable a lot, duh, so you have to wait around for the buff to expire which kills the Enrage timer.
Falcon: Unevadeable Sp1, so you take a lot of chip damage if you can't push him to his sp2.
Magik: You can imagine why: Limbo. Straight up sucks and there's nothing you can really do to get around it.
War Machine: Unevadeable Sp1, so chip damage and his sp2 is hard to punish reliably.
Ant-Man: Not so much hard, but long because of all the glancing.
Deadpool X-Force: Not a problem fight, but wanted to give him a shoutout because this was my best fight in LoL, if I didn't get clipped by DP when he was at 8%, I would have got him down in only 1 revive.
Venom: His animations are a pain in the ass.
Maestro: Such a pain with a tech champion. Regen procs way too much and his unstoppable buff is a pain. It was very painful to have to quit out of the fight as soon as it starts because he began with a regen. Even moreso because I would have to heal to full every time and Maestro proccing regen at the start was just resources down the drain.
Overall, I found this challenge to be just terrible. On the bright side, I only have the Inhumans challenge left and I will be able to do that one at the end of next month once I rebuild my resource stash.
Finally revive/potions tally: 108 lvl ones, 54 lvl 2s, and a lot of potions including 62 lvl 5 potions that I had to buy with units.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    108 revives? wow

108 revives? wow

If you add the lvl 2s, it came out to 162 revives. Brian Grant I am not.
    Yeah, I know it is a ton of revives. This wasn’t my most skilled gameplay. Though a fair bit of them came from the bugs. And a ton came from Maestro.
    nah. i was talking baout the farming of 108 revives. that must have taken a lot. congrats on this. yoou're done with these right?
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    Nice work!! That sounds terrible so very impressive pushing through.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Any advice for someone planning on taking this on after the next free resource drop.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

108 revives? wow

Yeah, I know it is a ton of revives. This wasn’t my most skilled gameplay. Though a fair bit of them came from the bugs. And a ton came from Maestro.
    nah. i was talking baout the farming of 108 revives. that must have taken a lot. congrats on this. yoou're done with these right?
    It took a fat minute, but I just had autofight doing it for me while I was listening to my college lectures or was at work.
    I still have the Inhumans one to do then I’m done, but that one is a lot easier

Any advice for someone planning on taking this on after the next free resource drop.

Grind out as many revives as possible and grind out as many potions as you can. Half of my unit cost was buying level 5 potions. You also don’t need to heal up for every fight, just the ones that have unavoidable damage (Falcon, WM, Magik, Unst. Colossus, and Maestro). The easiest path is the easiest one to take, just make sure you take the colossus shortcut

108 revives? wow

I doesn't matter, you did ; that matters. Congratulations. Hope rewards worth your time and effort
    It brings me closer to my r4 Void, so it is
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    Nice man! Yeah, with all the postings in YT and chats, I'm taking Inhumans and SL Carina as revive fest quest. I did Inhumans recently and prepared for it. It was like 60+ revs and 400+pots in overflow. I have like 8 team revs in stash as well. I will do the same for SL, prepare 100 revs and appropriate ratio of pots.

• PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    I’m hoping 7.3 rewards will give me enough so I don’t have to do anymore carinas challenges anytime soon lol
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Congrats on that grind by the way. I literally only did the 3 easy challenges then haven’t even bothered to try for the other ones
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75

If it's SL or Inhuman, it's better to farm on top of any compensation that will drop. Otherwise, do the less tedious ones if you haven't done yet.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Sorry but the rewards for these dont make up for the investment. Definitely passing. If i had items expiring, I’d rather do an abyss path. And even if i had 100% everything in the game, it’s still questionable to farm for something like this where the design is just flat out bad like you said
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Mattyy said:

Grind out as many revives as possible and grind out as many potions as you can. Half of my unit cost was buying level 5 potions. You also don’t need to heal up for every fight, just the ones that have unavoidable damage (Falcon, WM, Magik, Unst. Colossus, and Maestro). The easiest path is the easiest one to take, just make sure you take the colossus shortcut
    Completely disagree, easy path is far from the easiest path to take for this challenge lol and misleading to suggest so.

Short path is the way to go and avoids so much bs, just requires a bit of skill anyone that's 100% the game should have. (bar those that unit-man through everything lol)
    could you elaborate there? Which fights make up the 'short path'?
    Depending on which fights they are I may actually do those fights for 'O Canada' instead of just the normal 'easy' path
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

108 revives? wow

I did this challenge a few weeks ago.. I had 120 revives before start and health pots.

I did not find Falcon or war machine to hard - but did heal up SL up beforehand.

I made biggest mess ever on Magik.. is the worst fight ever. Would rather do Venompool if did again. Normal venom is also **** as he holds specials forever

Overall I spent about 1.5-2k units on revives and pots. I liked carina challenge outside of the lol ones as complete units grab

Is the summation of Falcon, WM, Magik, Venom, and UC more or less annoying than venompool?

Is the summation of Falcon, WM, Magik, Venom, and UC more or less annoying than venompool?
    imo it's better to run the short path for star lord and longer for inhumans.

Still less annoying and cheaper
    Mattyy said:

Completely disagree, easy path is far from the easiest path to take for this challenge lol and misleading to suggest so.

Short path is the way to go and avoids so much bs, just requires a bit of skill anyone that's 100% the game should have. (bar those that unit-man through everything lol)
    I did the short path for my first attempt at it and it was easier easier except for Venompool (who ate up 40 revives) and Doctor Strange (who I ran out of resources on).
    Maybe the short path was easier for you, but I had a much easier time on the easy path.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

I would do short path if did again.

At least with your 20% revive you can do decent damage on VP.. Magik just garbage (masteries need changing and everything just for than fight)

imo it's better to run the short path for star lord and longer for inhumans.
    I've done the longer path for both the inhumans and Canadians so far, I just have the dance off and those sigs are mine.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Because I have no desire for the t5cc right now from the LoL challenges, I am skipping them for now. I have all the Inhumans maxed and Starlord/Sabertooth maxed.

I want the 6* Nexus so i plan on the Sabertooth challenge soon ish i guess. But I am in no rush for a r4 so these dont concern my much.

Because I have no desire for the t5cc right now from the LoL challenges, I am skipping them for now. I have all the Inhumans maxed and Starlord/Sabertooth maxed.

I want the 6* Nexus so i plan on the Sabertooth challenge soon ish i guess. But I am in no rush for a r4 so these dont concern my much.

The Sabretooth one is really fun and much easier/cheaper

sabre is fun and the short path can be done in like 30 revives no suicides