**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mangog and Odin Synergy Not Working?

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I just pulled Mangog from my TB daily crystal the other day and I was stoked because he has a synergy with Odin that I wanted:

I tested it out in RoL today to see what the damage difference is with and without the synergy and found this:

The first picture is without the synergy and the second is with it.
There’s no difference.
Am I missing something about how the synergy works?

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Looks like a bug.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    the synergy doesn't increase the damage but the damage cap: you are still doing 2,75% HP for buff, but you can now get full damage against opponent with higher healthpool ^_^
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

the synergy doesn't increase the damage but the damage cap: you are still doing 2,75% HP for buff, but you can now get full damage against opponent with higher healthpool ^_^

That's confusing. Why am I doing the same amount of damage with and without the synergy then?

Okay, so I tried this out in LoL with the same synergy test and he still does the same amount of damage with and without Mangog. Either this synergy is bugged or it's absolutely useless.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

That's confusing. Why am I doing the same amount of damage with and without the synergy then?
    Basically, you will knock off 2.75% HP per buff or x amount of damage (I don't know the exact figure), but whichever is lower.

i.e. it will only try for 2.75% of the opponent HP per buff but only if the damage cap allows it.

90383 damage is 16.5% of Winter Soldier's HP, or 2.75%*6

So, basically, even with the damage cap increased, you can only knock off that much HP with 6 buffs.

For the synergy to matter for even a 6* r2 Odin with no masteries, the opponent would need about 800,000 HP or something...?

Or Odin's damage cap would have to be less than 2.75% of his opponent's HP.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work in Labyrinth, though – are you dealing a flat 85000, or...?
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    @StevieManWonder Without the synergy you have two fury stacks while with the synergy you have one fury stack causing the same amount of damage. Seems like it's working.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

@StevieManWonder Without the synergy you have two fury stacks while with the synergy you have one fury stack causing the same amount of damage. Seems like it's working.

Odin's SP2 burst damage only considers unique buffs.

In both pictures, he has six unique buffs.

Odin's burst damage is based on the amount of unique buffs he has not the total amount of buffs, so it doesn't matter if you have 99 fury buffs or 1.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Okay, so I tried this out in LoL with the same synergy test and he still does the same amount of damage with and without Mangog. Either this synergy is bugged or it's absolutely useless.
    i have never used Odin in Lab so i'm not sure: can he bypass the damage cap with his burst damage? does the opponent have enough health to go above the normal damage cap? If the answer is yes to both then i would say that he is bugged ^_^

i have never used Odin in Lab so i'm not sure: can he bypass the damage cap with his burst damage? does the opponent have enough health to go above the normal damage cap? If the answer is yes to both then i would say that he is bugged ^_^
    Yes he bypasses the damage cap. With enough buffs, he can do 201K burst damage and their health is high enough that he hits his personal damage cap too.