**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unveil the Mystery of the Contest and Defeat the God of Darkness!

Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

The Mysterious Contest: Part 2

Mystery Solved!

The mystery unfolds in this month’s event as you discover the source of this great disturbance in The Contest... the arrival of Knull, God of Darkness and creator of symbiotes, can only mean the beginning of an impending Cosmic Eclipse. In the nick of time, the Summoned Symbiote makes his much-anticipated return, along with its fellow symbiote, Anti-Venom, ready to defend the fate of The Contest against the dark master.

Champion Giveaway

Claim your FREE Summoned Symbiote and 3-Star Anti-Venom from your inbox on October 6, 2021***!

***IMPORTANT: Please refer to Solo Objectives (September) section for more details.

Event TL;DR

Complete Daily Solo Objectives > Collect Antibodies (entry keys) > Use Antibodies (entry keys) to unlock Cosmic Eclipse (Daily) Quests > Complete Cosmic Eclipse (Daily) Quests > Earn rewards, including Klyntar Katalysts > Use Klyntar Katalysts to rank up Summoned Symbiote > Use Summoned Symbiote in Cosmic Horror Quest > Earn more rewards!

Solo Objectives (September)

End: November 3, 2021 @ 10AM (PT)

You will only need to complete the FIRST objective in the final/last set of objectives in September (Final Preparations) to:
  • unlock October’s Daily Solo Objectives (next section)
  • unlock your Champion Giveaway (FREE Summoned Symbiote and 3-Star Anti-Venom) in your inbox

Daily Solo Objectives

Start: October 6, 2021 @ 10AM (PT)

Complete daily solo objectives for Antibodies (entry keys).
  1. New solo objective available every day at 10AM (PT).
  2. You will only get one (1) entry key per solo objective.
  3. Even though solo objectives unlock every day, you can do them at any time after they are unlocked. So, in case you missed a day or a few days, you can still go back and complete the solo objectives you missed.
Entry Keys: Use to enter Cosmic Eclipse Quest (next section).

Quests

COSMIC ECLIPSE QUEST (REPEATABLE)

There will be six (6) quests altogether. Complete these to earn Klyntar Katalysts to rank up your Summoned Symbiote, and other rewards!

Antibodies (Entry Key)
Use Antibodies to enter any of the six (6) quests. You can earn up to one (1) Key daily, from the daily solo objectives. You can use them daily, OR save them and use multiple at the same time in the future.

Repeatable Quests
Each quest is only locked by entry keys a.k.a. Antibodies; they are NOT locked by time (hours/day/week). You can repeat each of the six (6) quests multiple times in a day, so long as you have enough Antibodies to unlock them. You will need to use one (1) entry key PER quest.

***If you exit the quest early/before you finish the path, YOU WILL LOSE THE ENTRY KEY.

Preview (New!)
Use the Preview button to take an advanced look at the maps before you enter the quests. You can preview all maps without any entry/energy costs.

Energy Cost
N/A

Rewards

COSMIC HORROR QUEST (KNULL)

You MUST have Summoned Symbiote to start this quest. You can ONLY bring your Summoned Symbiote into this quest; you will not be able to bring any other Champions into this quest! Use Klyntar Katalysts (from Cosmic Eclipse Quest rewards) to rank up your Summoned Symbiote.

Energy Cost
N/A

Reward

Crystal

COSMIC ECLIPSE CRYSTAL
End: November 6, 2021 @ 10AM (PT)

Available in Cavalier (4,000 Shards) and Grandmaster (3,000 Shards).

Where to get Shards?
Daily Solo Objectives rewards

Limited pool of Champions
Agent Venom
Carnage
Red Goblin
Spider-Man (Symbiote)
Symbiote Supreme
Venom
Venom The Duck
Venompool
Bishop
Black Panther
Black Widow
Colossus
Cyclops (Blue Team)
Cyclops (New Xavier School)
Doctor Strange
Electro
Emma Frost
Ghost Rider
Hyperion
Iceman
Magneto
Nightcrawler
Professor X
Psylocke
Spider-Man (Classic)
Star-Lord
Storm
***4-Star Cyclops (New Xavier School) NOT INCLUDED

More on your Summoned Symbiote…

Summoned Symbiote is yours to keep, FOREVER! Please see below for information about your new Champion.

New! Pre-Fight Abilities: Evolutions
1. How does it work?
  • starts off with 2 x Evolutions at Rank 1
  • unlock more Evolutions by Ranking Up (with Klyntar Katalysts from the Cosmic Eclipse Quests)
  • total 6 x Evolutions at Rank 5
  • each can be activated 1 time per fight
  • each can be stacked up to 3 times per quest
2. How to charge it?
  • gain pre-fight ability charges ONLY by winning fights in the Cosmic Horror Quest (Knull). ***Charges CANNOT be gained in any other existing Quest content!
3. How long does it last?
  • Evolutions activated in the Cosmic Horror Quest (Knull) remain active until you complete or quit the Quest.
4. How many Klyntar Katalysts do I need to rank up?
  • Rank 1 to Rank 2: 24
  • Rank 2 to Rank 3: 48
  • Rank 3 to Rank 4: 72
  • Rank 4 to Rank 5: 96
240 total needed to reach Rank 5
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Tight.
  • Poseidon1000Poseidon1000 Posts: 35
    Looks good
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Ay yooo Summoned Symbiod back forever.
  • Rewards are looking spicy🥵🥵🤤🤤
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    When do the champ spotlights on Knull and Anti-Venom coming out? So hyped i want to read about them!
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Jaymix79 said:

Question. I thought if we did everything in September it would unlock October.

But we have to now do something everyday to get a key to enter the side quest?

Yes you unlock October's side quest that means you'll have access, if you didn't complete any of the September's Week 5 special objectives that means you can't access October's side quests (you won't have the October's special objectives to claim Antibodies or Keys).
    The keys is for entry limit purposes only for the repeatable quests.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    So the September objectives give us the summoned symbiote? Worth it!
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Im just curious about the Symbiote Hive Boss Selector's champion pool.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Now we are talking about a real “event”!! Very excited.

• AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    so excited to see Summoned Symbiote comeback! it's still one of my favorite side quests ever.
  • fargenhfargenh Posts: 17
    Really good rewards except from the fact that some people are in an iso drought and will go for 4 star shards and can’t max the symbiod
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Does the symbiote have any synergies? Will it be useable post this event? Can we name it?

To add context to my second question, I do mean useable as in they can be serviceable in some content at the bare minimum, and won't sit there only for collection purposes
  • Question,what rarity will the symbiote be? Also is the marauder crystal being combined with the symbiote crystal?
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    So, am I right in thinking that provided I've done 1 set of the September objectives (in my case cavalier), I would not unlock the opportunity to require any more rewards from the October event by doing a lower tier of the September objectives (eg uncollected) ?
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    What class type will Steve be?
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Am I the only one that inferred that by doing all of the side objectives for each rank in Sept. we would then get to pick 1 of the 6 quests for each rank each day? Instead we get the choice of one rank from one quest a day essentially.

Considering the build up of this spanning two months instead of 1, its kind of a let down imho.

I mean not really, considering you get 28 entries into the repeatable quests.

That means from the October side event as a whole you could get:

24k 6* shards

Or

53% of a t5cc

Or

56k 5* shards

Or

9.8 million gold

Among many other things.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Question,what rarity will the symbiote be? Also is the marauder crystal being combined with the symbiote crystal?

The marauder calender ends on tuesday
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Reward it’s nice i hope make more chance for 6 star because on september i have 3 or 4*