**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

With two new suicide friendly champs, what’s gonna happen when masteries change?

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
I just wonder with new additions to the game being suicide friendly and with mastery changes 2.0 coming. Are we gonna get any kind of update on masteries? Would be a shame to get these champs in a year and suicide masteries no longer an option.

@Kabam ?

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    You want answers for something that might happen in a year or more? Why would you think kabam would completely overhaul suicides anyways? I’m sure that would be over the top of a change.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

I’d be shocked if they removed suicides.

I’d imagine some new masteries will be implemented, alongside some overdue QoL changes (free mastery changes!)

Yeah this is the way I see it as well.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

You want answers for something that might happen in a year or more? Why would you think kabam would completely overhaul suicides anyways? I’m sure that would be over the top of a change.

Yes, I believe Kabam will overhaul masteries sometime in the next 6-8 months when the champ will be available to a wider audience. With no update I’m not sure what to think but don’t want to invest in a mastery reliant champ just to have masteries changed in a couple months.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Yes, I believe Kabam will overhaul masteries sometime in the next 6-8 months when the champ will be available to a wider audience. With no update I’m not sure what to think but don’t want to invest in a mastery reliant champ just to have masteries changed in a couple months.
    I don’t see anywhere were it makes me think they would change suicides. It’s too highly used to just get rid of. I see them making additions and making mastery changes easier. Not removing masteries.
  • Options
    As long as they make mastery changes free then that’s enough for me
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    To be honest, I'd rather see them integrated permanently. No more Mastery changes. Just me.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Masteries should be free and you should be able to have loadouts to easily switch between saved sets
  • Options
    RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    Yeah, the way I see it is that the more commonly used masteries (suicides, assassin, deep wounds etc) will stay, and then masteries that people dont use as often like the fury ones will probably be improved, and some new masteries will probably get added as well.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

To be honest, I'd rather see them integrated permanently. No more Mastery changes. Just me.

So everyone has every same stat and remove the entire rpg skill tree elements to the game? Suuuure.

Personally, I'm not going to be suprised if when we get a swappable skill tree it will under the guise of being free to swap - but the one we swap to will be freshly locked, so we need to buy new cores, but probably call it a 'mutation', so we need new and more expensive 'mutation' cores to unlock the masteries all over again.