MCOC Characters and their Favorite Professional American Sports Teams

AlecFantasticAlecFantastic Posts: 179 ★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
So I sparked this idea because I've always thought Mangog reminded me of Benny the Bull (Mascot of the Chicago Bulls) and have been calling him that since his release. The idea was what would be some of these champions favorite teams if they watched sports. My criteria for selecting what team they'd root for was the following:
1. Name similar or related to team
2. Has something in common with the team
3. Similar to the mascot, logo, or colorway of the team

Here's what I've come up with and my reasoning if needed. (I'll also post below more in the thread if I run out of space) let's have fun with it.

Darkhawk: Seattle Darkhawks

Namor: Seattle Submariners and Carolina Hurricanes

Aegon: Vegas Golden Knights

Falcon: Atlanta Falcons and Detroit Red Wings

Sunspot: Phoenix Sunspots

Magneto: Pittsburgh Steelers (Steelers are #Metal in this game)

Black Panther (OG): Carolina Black Panthers

Archangel: Los Angeles Archangels of Anaheim

Human Torch: Miami Heat and Calgary Flames (Obvious Reasons)

Guardian: Toronto Maple Leafs (I mean he's Canadian and it's his Symbol) and Cleveland Guardians (still takes some getting used to)

Punisher, Crossbones, Agent Venom: Las Vegas Raiders (they're definitely Raiders fans come on...)

Nightcrawler: New Orleans Saints (he's very religious)

Tigra: Detroit Tigers and Cincinnati Bengals

Iceman and Ronan: Green Bay Packers (they play on the Frozen Tundra, and he's the Cheese God so he's a Cheesehead)

Yellowjacket: Columbus Yellowjackets

Wasp: Charlotte Hornets

Antman and Psycho Man: New York GiANT MAN, and San Francisco Psychos... I mean also Giants. (They both can grow big or at least both should *cough cough kabam, Antman's buff make him go giant cough cough*)

Dragonman: Toronto Raptors

Venom and Howard the Duck: Anaheim Ducks

Sasquatch: Chicago Bears and Memphis Grizzlies (he's a big teddy bear)

Hela: Milwaukee Bucks (those are antlers on her head right?)

Quake: Colorado Avalanche (earthquake, aftershock, avalanche, same thing)

Thing and Korg: Colorado Rockies (it's not just a boulder, it's a rock!)

Electro and Storm X: Los Angeles Chargers (could've added them with the Lightning but Chargers could use all the fans they can get)

Black Bolt and Storm: Tampa Bay Lightning

Odin and Nick Fury: Pittsburgh Pirates (only Pirates wear patches)

Thor (Classic): Minnesota Vikings

Thor (Ragnarok): Oklahoma City Gods of Thunder (Lord of Thunder?)

Doctor Strange: Washington Wizards

Magik: Orlando Magik

Iron Man: Detroit Pistons (he likes to build techy robot machine stuff)

Starlord and Morningstar: Dallas StarLords or Dallas Morningstars

DDHK, Daredevil (Classic), Mephisto (that guy from Wandavision): New Jersey Devils

Hawkeye: Atlanta Hawkeyes (if it wasn't only Professional teams there would be pretty easy team in Iowa for this one. Hawks do have sharpshooter of their own though with Trae Young.)

Kingpin and King Groot: Sacramento Kingpins or Sacramento King Groots (I felt they fit here because that team needs a buff like these guys got.)

Jabari Panther: Florida Jabari Panthers

Black Panther Civil War: Los Angeles Kings (whether we're talking about King T'Challa or Chadwick Boseman himself, he is the King, and he will be forever missed. Such an amazing person and actor Rest in Peace Chadwick Boseman)

Iron Patriot: New England Iron Patriots

Doc Ock: Seattle Kraken (Kraken are just giant Octopi)

Nova: Houston Astros (he's a mf starboy)

Rocket: Houston Rockets

Diablord: Milwaukee Brewers (he likes to drink what other team would he root for)

OG Captain America: New York Yankees (was he alive when there was the Brooklyn Dodgers? Anyway America)

Sabertooth: Nashville Hockey Team (not sure if the word is banned here or not so I'll leave it with Nashville hockey team but it's a Sabertooth tiger so this is definitely his team)

Scarlett Witch: Minnesota Twins

I mentioned this one at the beginning but it's ole Benny the Bull himself.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read through all that and I hope you all enjoyed my fun little concept here and maybe even thought of some of your own. If you did go a head and leave them down below.

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 438 ★★★
    I love this 😂
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 682 ★★★★
    Kingpin and the Mets?
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 766 ★★★★
    Absolutely love this and spot on

Except I think scarlet witch and quicksilver (when he enters) will belong to the Minnesota Twins
  • AlecFantasticAlecFantastic Posts: 179 ★★★

This is great.

Quake would also be a San Jose Earthquakes fan fyi

I was debating this actually but didn't want to put Soccer just so I wouldn't have to decide who to put for Chicago Fire. Like would I put Sunspot, Torch, CGR, Ghost Rider, Mephisto, Dormammu, there's a lot of fire champs, I really wanted to avoid it lol.
    Lpoo said:

Absolutely love this and spot on

Except I think scarlet witch and quicksilver (when he enters) will belong to the Minnesota Twins

Yeah I might have to update it when characters get added. I was thinking the entire time why can't Beta Ray Bill be in the game already so I could give him a team, but would it be the Buffalo Bills because his name is Bill or would it be like the Colts or Broncos because he's a horse?
  • Konstant45Konstant45 Posts: 492 ★★★★
    This must've taken you ages
    Its awesome
    Its so neat as well i love it
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 178 ★★★
    This was great fun to scroll thru. Very creative 👍
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 2,316 ★★★★★
    Wouldn't nightcralwer wanna be on the buccaneers? More his thing I'd think. Plus he'd have Tom Brady on his team. 🤣
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 250 ★★★

So I sparked this idea because I've always thought Mangog reminded me of Benny the Bull (Mascot of the Chicago Bulls) and have been calling him that since his release. The idea was what would be some of these champions favorite teams if they watched sports. My criteria for selecting what team they'd root for was the following:

Here's what I've come up with and my reasoning if needed. (I'll also post below more in the thread if I run out of space) let's have fun with it.

Guardian: Toronto Maple Leafs (I mean he's Canadian and it's his Symbol) and Cleveland Guardians (still takes some getting used to)

Punisher, Crossbones, Agent Venom: Las Vegas Raiders (they're definitely Raiders fans come on...)

Iceman and Ronan: Green Bay Packers (they play on the Frozen Tundra, and he's the Cheese God so he's a Cheesehead)

Antman and Psycho Man: New York GiANT MAN, and San Francisco Psychos... I mean also Giants. (They both can grow big or at least both should *cough cough kabam, Antman's buff make him go giant cough cough*)

Electro and Storm X: Los Angeles Chargers (could've added them with the Lightning but Chargers could use all the fans they can get)

DDHK, Daredevil (Classic), Mephisto (that guy from Wandavision): New Jersey Devils

Hawkeye: Atlanta Hawkeyes (if it wasn't only Professional teams there would be pretty easy team in Iowa for this one. Hawks do have sharpshooter of their own though with Trae Young.)

Kingpin and King Groot: Sacramento Kingpins or Sacramento King Groots (I felt they fit here because that team needs a buff like these guys got.)

Black Panther Civil War: Los Angeles Kings (whether we're talking about King T'Challa or Chadwick Boseman himself, he is the King, and he will be forever missed. Such an amazing person and actor Rest in Peace Chadwick Boseman)

Diablord: Milwaukee Brewers (he likes to drink what other team would he root for)

OG Captain America: New York Yankees (was he alive when there was the Brooklyn Dodgers? Anyway America)

Sabertooth: Nashville Hockey Team (not sure if the word is banned here or not so I'll leave it with Nashville hockey team but it's a Sabertooth tiger so this is definitely his team)

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read through all that and I hope you all enjoyed my fun little concept here and maybe even thought of some of your own. If you did go a head and leave them down below.

Ah no KC Chiefs or KC Royals lol
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 288 ★★
    Get a job

Just kidding - this is great
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 4,191 ★★★★★
    Excellent work.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 317 ★★
    That was pretty cool. Well done.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 2,514 ★★★★★
    In before someone says he’s flexing his roster
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 783 ★★★

Ah no KC Chiefs or KC Royals lol
    Dude pls either keep it in spoiler to make it short or dont quote the long og post, it makes hard for us mobile users to scroll. Thankyou.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 19,037 ★★★★★
    Super Skrull would be a Jaguars fan

Because you know, they both suck
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 264 ★★
    Hey don’t forget Spider-Man 2099. He’s perfect for the dodgers. Same colors and he literally has dodge
  • o_oo_o Posts: 202 ★★
    Omg you even gave Ghost’s team logo the phase she does in her victory screen. Tremendous. I tip my cap to you.
    @RavenKeeper

Yondu: Kansas City Chiefs (they play at Arrowhead Stadium also their logo is an arrowhead)

Super Skrull: Seattle Super Skrulls (Super Sonics)
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 767 ★★★
    This is looking amazing, even the way you order it is very appealing :)<3
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 499 ★★★
    it just goes on forever...
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 490 ★★
    no idea about this but it looks amazing and the effort gone in to it

Captain Marvel (Classic): Carol Danver Nuggets and New York Jets (she's a pilot)

Captain Marvel (Movie): Carol Danver Broncos and Winnipeg Jets (same as above)

Jubilee: Philadelphia Jubilees (kinda rhymes, might be a reach)