**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Agent Venom purifying debuffs under 10 Omega Red spores.

RomchEkRomchEk Posts: 13
edited October 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I already was wrong on my other discussion, so maybe someone will shed a light on this.
First one is on 37s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m954UTo3fU

Comments

• RomchEkRomchEk Posts: 13

While the Attacker has 0 Fury Buffs the Defender gains +20% Ability Accuracy.

Omega Red doesn't have any Fury Buffs, so Agent Venom will have +20% Ability Accuracy. I think you need 12 spores (each spore = -10% purify chance) so you can guarantee that Agent Venom won't shrug off your debuffs but I'm not sure (you definitely need more than 10)

+20% puts him on 90% shrugg off, 10 spores does -100%, no?
    edited October 2021

RomchEk said:

Omega Red doesn't have any Fury Buffs, so Agent Venom will have +20% Ability Accuracy. I think you need 12 spores (each spore = -10% purify chance) so you can guarantee that Agent Venom won't shrug off your debuffs but I'm not sure (you definitely need more than 10)

It doesn't work like that. I'm gonna try my best to explain it. +20% puts him on 120% shrug off chance. It's like the original 70% is 100% and you add on the 100%, the 20% and then it becomes 120%. ****, I can't explain it well enough
    Yeah, that doesn't make any sense, his shrug off isn't 100%, it's 70, and with buff it's either flat 70% chance to shrug + flat 20% for 90% total, or 70% + (20% of 70% = 14%) = 84%.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    70% plus 20% is still only 84%. Omega red reduces purify chance by 100%. not general ability accuracy so this should not matter at all
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    RomchEk said:

RomchEk said:

It doesn't work like that. I'm gonna try my best to explain it. +20% puts him on 120% shrug off chance. It's like the original 70% is 100% and you add on the 100%, the 20% and then it becomes 120%. ****, I can't explain it well enough
    Yeah, that doesn't make any sense, his shrug off isn't 100%, it's 70, and with buff it's either flat 70% chance to shrug + flat 20% for 90% total, or 70% + (20% of 70% = 14%) = 84%.
    That's not how the game works. The game doesn't directly increase or reduce ability accuracy, but through the Ability Accuracy Modifier.

Agent Venom has 70% chance to shrug off a debuff, but in reality it is 70% x 100% (the Ability Accuracy Modifier). If a node or effect modifies ability accuracy, it only changes the Ability Accuracy Modifier.

If Agent Venom has +20% ability accuracy, then he has 70% x (100% + 20%) = 84% ability accuracy. Omega Red reduces purify ability accuracy by 10% per spore. In normal fights, ten spores reduce purify ability accuracy like this: 70% x (100% - 100%) = 0%. In this fight, ten spores reduce purify ability accuracy: 70% x (100% + 20% - 100%) = 14%. So indeed, you need two more spores to reduce it to zero.

70% plus 20% is still only 84%. Omega red reduces purify chance by 100%. not general ability accuracy so this should not matter at all

I see people disagreeing, but yet to see a sensible explanation.
    edited October 2021

RomchEk said:

RomchEk said:

That's not how the game works. The game doesn't directly increase or reduce ability accuracy, but through the Ability Accuracy Modifier.

Agent Venom has 70% chance to shrug off a debuff, but in reality it is 70% x 100% (the Ability Accuracy Modifier). If a node or effect modifies ability accuracy, it only changes the Ability Accuracy Modifier.

If Agent Venom has +20% ability accuracy, then he has 70% x (100% + 20%) = 84% ability accuracy. Omega Red reduces purify ability accuracy by 10% per spore. In normal fights, ten spores reduce purify ability accuracy like this: 70% x (100% - 100%) = 0%. In this fight, ten spores reduce purify ability accuracy: 70% x (100% + 20% - 100%) = 14%. So indeed, you need two more spores to reduce it to zero.
    ther's a catch . omega red does not reduce the ability accuracy modifier as per his description. it says spores reduce
    "their chance to shrug debuffs". and not purify ability accuracy. if that were the case you would be right. so it would be (70-100)*120%<0%
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    RomchEk said:

(70-100%) + (70+20%)=

RomchEk said:

(70-100%) + (70+20%)=
    70+20? where did that come from

RomchEk said:

(70-100%) + (70+20%)=
    And now +20% turns into +90%? Cool, sure /s
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    RomchEk said:

RomchEk said:

(70-100%) + (70+20%)=
    The answer is 14. Stick to tic tac toe.

RomchEk said:

RomchEk said:

(70-100%) + (70+20%)=
    The answer is 14. Stick to tic tac toe.
    spider gwen abilities say she gets 7% evade chance per spider charge. and we ad that to 5 charges as 7+7+7+7+7. which gives us 100% ability accuracy for 35% evade chance

omega red says he reduces purify chance by 10% per spore. AV has 70 %tenacity at 100% ability accuracy at base. with the node it is 120% ability accuracy multiplied by 70. but 10 spores would mean subtract 100 from the shrug off chance the same way spidergwens evades are added. so 0%(assuming they can't go into negative)chance to shrug multiplied by 120%. which is zero

i know you know much more but please tell why evade chances when added are added to base evade chance instead of ability accuracy base but here you reduce shrug off chance from the base ability accuracy instead of base shrug off chance. genuinely want to know @CoatHang3r