**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

1 day for next featured 6*... your predictions/wishful thinking?

EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
Title says it it all. Besides Purgatory, Overseer, Hercules, America Chavez, Penni and Spidey 2099 (out of only Hercules and Penni are worth it btw, the rest definitely not worth 15k shards!) who else do you think will be in there?

It's likely that recent buffed champs that have never (or not recently been) on a 6* featured might be in it, like War Machine, Gamora, Miles Morales, King Groot, Guillotine, Thor Rags, and maybe if we're lucky even Bishop and Ultron. Which buffed champs do YOU think will be in it?

As for wishful thinking, I would love a featured with Doom AND Nick Fury.... but I know that's probably too much to ask. That mythical, legendary featured one we had at the beginning of this year with CGR, Apoc, iHulk, Ghost, Prof X, (perhaps Moleman too?, don't remember) etc . was truly stacked, one-of-a-kind/once-in-a-generation kind of thing. The developer that came up with that combination of champs was probably fired by Kabam on the grounds of being too nice to us by giving to the players too much of what they want. Besides, for the next one to be like that it would need to have like at least 7 beyond god tiers ... don't think it'll happen.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★
    For non featureds in the crystal im praying for voodoo and medusa as new in there then miles, gamora, rags and guilly then whoever really
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I'll go mostly with mid-tier or synergy piece champs since I don't really see a point in wishing for a crystal full of a-listers. But you can wish for a couple of them.

I'll go by class.

Mystics: I hope Diablo, Dragon Man or Hood is in it. I don't have either above 4* so it would be a nice pull I miss out on Hercules.

Mutants: I also wouldn't mind Cable for my Apocalypse, or Deadpool XF for my Nick Fury.

Skill: Getting an Elsa dupe would also be pretty cool, or Black Widow Deadly Origins.

Cosmics: Red Goblin is also a champ I'm hunting after. I need Proxima for a bunch of synergies.

Science: Duping my Luke Cage would be nice, and I would r3 iBom in a heartbeat. I love my r5.

Tech: I don't really have any champs I'm in dire need of. Tech is my strongest 6* class with half of them at r2 and half at r3. The ones I don't have as 6*s, I mostly have ranked up with high sig as 5*s, so I don't need another one. Having just r3'd two tech champs, I have neither the t4cc, t5cc or ISO to rank a tech champ up anyway. But a Vision or Ultron would still be nice, even if they'd be sitting on the bench for quite a while until I've gathered more tech resources.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    You guys realize that when you quote someone that just posted a completely unrelated/irrelevant to the thread pic you'll actually propagating said pic because it appears on your quote, right?

Jeez

Please let's go back to the thread's topic:

Your thoughts/predictions/wishlist on next 6* featured?
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 501 ★★★
    Black Widow deadly origin and carnage/venom
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Doom would be great. The 6* evaded me until today
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    It's been 4 complete years and I haven't bought a single 6* featured yet.
    Yes, herc and some new champs looks awesome to own, but I'll stick to basic till 6* shards are more accessible.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Recently buffed champs I'm expecting to see
    Diablo,KG, venompool, Bishop, Ronin, miles, gamora

Champs I want to see: NF/Namor since there's no featured skill or mutant but that's wishful thinking
  • Jamnik78Jamnik78 Posts: 54

This is next feartured
  • Jamnik78Jamnik78 Posts: 54
    This is true :p
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Besides going for Peni and Herc, I wouldn't be mad at pulling iceman, torch or Diablo
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

Jamnik78 said:

This is next feartured

where'd you get this?
    and IF this is true, then I think it hints to karnak getting a buff
    overall its a pretty decent featured tbh
    but I don't honestly think that this is true
    Is it, though? How many of those champs are top 5 in their class? I see 2 IMO…

Edit: 3
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Title says it it all. Besides Purgatory, Overseer, Hercules, America Chavez, Penni and Spidey 2099 (out of only Hercules and Penni are worth it btw, the rest definitely not worth 15k shards!) who else do you think will be in there?

It's likely that recent buffed champs that have never (or not recently been) on a 6* featured might be in it, like War Machine, Gamora, Miles Morales, King Groot, Guillotine, Thor Rags, and maybe if we're lucky even Bishop and Ultron. Which buffed champs do YOU think will be in it?

As for wishful thinking, I would love a featured with Doom AND Nick Fury.... but I know that's probably too much to ask. That mythical, legendary featured one we had at the beginning of this year with CGR, Apoc, iHulk, Ghost, Prof X, (perhaps Moleman too?, don't remember) etc . was truly stacked, one-of-a-kind/once-in-a-generation kind of thing. The developer that came up with that combination of champs was probably fired by Kabam on the grounds of being too nice to us by giving to the players too much of what they want. Besides, for the next one to be like that it would need to have like at least 7 beyond god tiers ... don't think it'll happen.

Your thoughts?

It's already data mined
    It looks depressing
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Jamnik78 said:

This is next feartured

where'd you get this?
    6* featured never points at buffs usually it's 5* featured
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

If that’s the slate, I would consider it disappointing. Diablo, Torch, Medusa and Stark all great pulls along with the two great features champs. The rest, however, is more middling with a few above average like Rogue, WM, VP.

Interesting to see Karnak in there…I’ve awakened every available rarity of Karnaks, so if he’s buff-bait I’d be ecstatic.

Dr. Zola

Nebula is probably the other buff bait. This month is a moderate update and an "overhaul" so next month will be an overhaul and a tune up.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

TyEdge said:

Jamnik78 said:

This is next feartured

where'd you get this?

I mean, you’re not gonna get many featured crystals as good as this one. It’s not the best feature ever, but it’s definitely strong.

You’ve got a lot of solid pulls, and with 200 champions in the game you can’t expect more than 3 or 4 top 5 champs in the class. Top 5 champs in the game make up 15% of champions in the game (30/200 = 0.15), and 15% of 24 is 3.6.

So having 3 or 4 top 5 champs in a Crystal is actually representative of the game.

In addition, you’ve got a lot of really great pulls in there.

Herc
    Peni
    Sparky
    Torch
    Venompool
    Diablo
    War machine
    Miles
    Medusa

And then some decent pulls as well:
    Overseer
    Gwenpool
    S2099
    Thor rags (could be amazing depending on buff)
    Guilly (same as Thor)
    Rogue

Overall, this is a decent line up. And expecting more than that is why people are disappointed with featured crystals every time. They expect it to be as good as the Apoc/CGR/Prof/Ghost line up
    If this is the 6* featured slate, the two classes without featured champs are pretty weak. Every other class has at least one champ who could be considered a great pull (Herc/Medusa, Peni/Stark, Diablo, Torch) and a recently tuned champ (VP, WM, Guilly, Miles).

But that’s not really true for Skill or Mutant. Sure, there’s a Rags (who may or may not be useful), but tossing in some of the worst of those two classes (Karnak and Cyke) as well as more from the bottom half of each class (OGDD, Iceman, X23) is a bummer.

Dr. Zola
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Jamnik78 said:

This is next feartured

where'd you get this?

I mean, you’re not gonna get many featured crystals as good as this one. It’s not the best feature ever, but it’s definitely strong.

You’ve got a lot of solid pulls, and with 200 champions in the game you can’t expect more than 3 or 4 top 5 champs in the class. Top 5 champs in the game make up 15% of champions in the game (30/200 = 0.15), and 15% of 24 is 3.6.

So having 3 or 4 top 5 champs in a Crystal is actually representative of the game.

Herc
    Peni
    Sparky
    Torch
    Venompool
    Diablo
    War machine
    Miles
    Medusa

Overseer
    Gwenpool
    S2099
    Guilly (same as Thor)
    Rogue

Overall, this is a decent line up. And expecting more than that is why people are disappointed with featured crystals every time. They expect it to be as good as the Apoc/CGR/Prof/Ghost line up
    IF this is the actual line up then it's not bad at all.
    4 champs that I personally think lie in the top of their classes (herc, torch, Diablo, Peni) and theyre all in different classes.

3 6* being made way more available (medusa, sparky, iceman) all of which still have uses, some more than others

Couple of generally good champs ( Venompool, Miles, War machine, Overseer, Rogue)

The only real dud is Gamora. Cyclops/Karnak etc will eventually get their buffs. Thor rags was already sought after by some for prestige alone and he's getting buffed along with Guilly as well.

Don't have a problem dropping shards in this featured but that's just me
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    If the data mines slate is true, then I'd say the lineup is kinda average. Still like the current featured better... but that's just me.

I will say this tho:

The featured after the next is already shaping up to be better than the next. Nimrod and Kitty are beyond gods, and Antivenom and Knull don't look to shabby either as of now (we'll see but as of now they both look better than Purgatory, Overseer, Spidey 2099 and America Chavez for sure).

We don't know which champs are coming on November, but all they would need to do is just one of the two November champs to be decent and that immediately would make the crystal more attractive. And then if they would just add one more beyong god like Moleman, Doom or NF and the deal's settled.

So if the data mined slate is true then me thinks I'll probably be saving all shards for the one after the next ....
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

Jamnik78 said:

This is next feartured

where'd you get this?

Herc
    Peni
    Sparky
    Torch
    Venompool
    Diablo
    War machine
    Miles
    Medusa

Overseer
    Gwenpool
    S2099
    Guilly (same as Thor)
    Rogue

If this is the 6* featured slate, the two classes without featured champs are pretty weak. Every other class has at least one champ who could be considered a great pull (Herc/Medusa, Peni/Stark, Diablo, Torch) and a recently tuned champ (VP, WM, Guilly, Miles).

But that’s not really true for Skill or Mutant. Sure, there’s a Rags (who may or may not be useful), but tossing in some of the worst of those two classes (Karnak and Cyke) as well as more from the bottom half of each class (OGDD, Iceman, X23) is a bummer.

Dr. Zola
    I hadn’t looked into at based on class, so you’re probably right. But then again, I’m not really looking for specific classes to make stronger, just good champs - so that’s definitely a personal thing.

I think skill is ok (a very weak, laboured oookkk to be sure) Gwenpool still has used and I am hopeful for Thor Rags buff, mutant is pretty bad though.

As an addendum I will just say that DD Classic is going to get the next magneto level buff and it will be soon. I say that with pure certainty and not at all based on the fact I gambled expiring SoP sig stones into him because I didn’t have any better champs to use them on.
    OGDD is a sad sack. One of the classics and he’s just not relevant.

I still think a couple of adds to that grouping would make it more worthwhile. Imagine a Namor or an OR in place of someone like Cyke. Not a gamebreaker unless duped and high Sig, but a solid add for more levels or to start the process as a first time 6* pull.

For Skill, as much as I like GwenPool, I don’t see anyone pulling her out for any particular content. But even an upgrade to a Korg or a Taskmaster over Karnak or OGDD would be appreciated.

I wish there was a clear rationale for the featured other than “new champs + reworks + other = low chance for relevant pull.”

It isn’t a crystal for developing rosters really, and I dislike the huge disparity between highs and lows. The game seems to be committed to that sort of payout, despite players wanting something different. Some guy will pull a pair of Hercs and a Peni out of a half dozen, while another will spin ten for nothing but sigs on a Cyke, a Karnak, an X23 and a shiny new unduped Iceman.

If this is really the champs, I guess my thought is “do (a little) better.”

Dr. Zola
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    If moon knight is there, here’s hoping he gets a buff