**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I don’t believe in Knull

MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
So I actually think Knull will be a solid champion. He actually reminds me of Apocalypse in terms of people not being able to appreciate his kit until they experience him. There is enough there that I think he will prove to be solid on offense and a pain on defense.
But as much as I enjoy playing Apocalypse it’s his synergies that really make him one of the most valuable mutants in my opinion. We won’t know how good Knull is on offense until we play him but we know now he isn’t going to do the one thing we all expected of him. He doesn’t boost other symbiotes via synergy or preflight ability. Even if a horseman benefit was too much I expected something between Warmachine or Odin and Prof X. In the recent interview of his designer they teased a mutual benefit between symbiotes and Knull. I think it’s safe to say many people were expecting better synergies or a prefight boost.
The designers must have known the community was expecting something along these lines and I don’t understand why they couldn’t lean into what would have been a popular design choice that surely could have been done in a balanced manner. For goodness sakes Red Goblin gives better synergies to his fellow symbiotes than the supposed god of the symbiotes! If Apocalypse and Prof X are at one end of the spectrum with War Machine at the other and Wags and Odin in the middle I’m saying Knull isn’t even on the spectrum.
They could have done his kit exactly the same and given a guidance level boost or resistance of some kind, enhanced DOTs, or even just increase buff potency. I just can’t think of a reason not to do something like this. If I was a Symbiote I’d lose faith and become an atheist. As it stands I don’t believe in Knull.

Comments

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    Kabam and players were hyping Knull to a fairly high degree of expectations. Players seemed to be trying to hype a Prefight ability into existence.

You all do realize that (1) The game doesn't have to be comic accurate, (2) There is not any pattern about who has Horseman/Prefight abilities.

Sure, Apocalypse has in-comic history of creating Horseman. But Odin? Nope, so it becomes a coinflip whether a champion has it. And then you bring in other champions with prefights that help other champions (Mister Fantastic, Warmachine, Magneto House of X), and there clearly is no comic-based pattern.

If I was a Symbiote I’d lose faith and become an atheist. As it stands I don’t believe in Knull.

Even if you try to argue for a comic-connection (Knull is god of symbiotes -> he should have a connection to other symbiotes -> he should be able to affect them in someway), he isn't that type of god of symbiotes. I'll admit I am not too familiar with this relatively new character, but he seems more like an 'evil god' (like a Mephisto), so he definitely is not someone to strengthen his followers. It's like arguing that Mephisto should have a pre-fight ability with Spider-man because they've made a (ridiculous) deal in the comic books.

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I can see why the synergy disappoints and really the comic background (of him not really caring for his creations) isn't a good reason. When kabam chooses to they ignore comic lore totally to fit whatever plan they have, and they could have easily here. Still if he's not going to be of large benefit to symbiotes I wish he did at least hit harder than that deep dive appears to show.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

And knull doesn’t believe in you 🤠

Ouch. Guess that’s only fair. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Because Knull doesn't care about benefiting other symbiotes, at most it's about control for his purposes.

Even Apocalypse has a belief with regards to mutants and their purpose.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I really hope Kabam team are checking the forums on everything Knull. Honestly, I dont get it how some of these champs are designed (and recent buffs). Why miss something this obvious? I know the power level of the games doesn't reflect the game (eg. Ghost, NF), but this is Knull, King in Black!
    Some y'all saying since he didn't care about his kind means it's okay not to boost his kind in game. That's wrong imo. Support boost to other champs in game doesn't have to work in one direction (positive). His relationship with symbiotes is enough to warrant to boost to all of them. That's what I'd do if I were to design him. From his deep dive, there's nothing extraordinary going for him which is sad given he's a King but that's okay, now not boosting an entire "tag" makes him a disappointment. This project is a fail for those that worked on the character. That's fine, just like we've had Moleman, Diablo and co revisited, Knull should be revisited regardless of whether he's good solo or not. Just do the guy justice.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    J0eySn0w said:

I really hope Kabam team are checking the forums on everything Knull. Honestly, I dont get it how some of these champs are designed (and recent buffs). Why miss something this obvious? I know the power level of the games doesn't reflect the game (eg. Ghost, NF), but this is Knull, King in Black!
    Some y'all saying since he didn't care about his kind means it's okay not to boost his kind in game. That's wrong imo. Support boost to other champs in game doesn't have to work in one direction (positive). His relationship with symbiotes is enough to warrant to boost to all of them. That's what I'd do if I were to design him. From his deep dive, there's nothing extraordinary going for him which is sad given he's a King but that's okay, now not boosting an entire "tag" makes him a disappointment. This project is a fail for those that worked on the character. That's fine, just like we've had Moleman, Diablo and co revisited, Knull should be revisited regardless of whether he's good solo or not. Just do the guy justice.

Because it's Comics accurate, he is a tyrant, the Symbiotes were his slaves that rose up and overthrew him. To him they are cannon fodder, they are not his beloved children.

I get that many people had an expectation as to what they were hoping for and I understand not liking what you're seeing on paper, but how many champions have we had who looked terrible on paper and then became beloved after they were released? So don't criticize the dev team for doing what they were told especially when there's a lot of people higher up than them not just in the company but from Marvel themselves who makes the final decisions.
  • DespacitoDespacito Posts: 24
    Knull's comic identity revolves around using Symbiotes as weapons.

If anything Dark Carnage should be a Symbiote apocalypse (if they choose to add him)
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    I know it doesn’t look hard hitting in the video, but honestly looking at the armor break stacks and what they do he should slap in the CCP. I’m wondering if they’ll get feedback there first. Knull reminds me of Odin hype wise so if he’s off they’ll probably tweak