**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom 2

Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Venom 2, especially the very interesting post credits?

This is gonna contain spoilers of the post-credits, so if you don’t wanna know about any spoilers of the movie please stop reading right now.

I was already the most hyped I’ve ever been for a movie when I saw the Spider-man: Far From Home trailer, but now it’s a whole new level. I mean, Venom in the MCU? Spidey vs the entire sinister 6 is gonna be awesome. But I’m very curious about how they’ll bring Venom into the story line, and the roar in the trailer which people thought was lizard might’ve been Venom too. What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I enjoyed it personally. The carnage opening scene was insane 10/10 (including the whole prison fight). Loved the jokes and interactions between Venom and Eddie lol. The fight scenes were super nice to watch too.
    There were so many spider-man references too.
    1) In Amazing Spiderman 2 when Gwen fell and peter tried to save her. (Venom with Anne at the cathedral)
    2) When venom was on top of a building next to this devil looking creature (i dunno the name). Iconic reference to the OG Spider-man sitting on top of there.
    A few more too that I don't recall
    I feel like Eddie and Peter are gonna be enemies at first, but team up later. Sort of like Batman vs Superman :)
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

I enjoyed it personally. The carnage opening scene was insane 10/10 (including the whole prison fight). Loved the jokes and interactions between Venom and Eddie lol. The fight scenes were super nice to watch too.
    There were so many spider-man references too.
    1) In Amazing Spiderman 2 when Gwen fell and peter tried to save her. (Venom with Anne at the cathedral)
    2) When venom was on top of a building next to this devil looking creature (i dunno the name). Iconic reference to the OG Spider-man sitting on top of there.
    A few more too that I don't recall

I feel like Eddie and Peter are gonna be enemies at first, but team up later. Sort of like Batman vs Superman :)
    Yep I agree, and the spider-man references didn’t occur to me, nice noticing them.

Yeah that’s what I felt too, it would be so cool to see Venom and Spidey teaming up facing the other villains, though there’s a good chance that Venom would return to his own multiverse at the end of the movie by doctor strange
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Don’t think they’ll put Venom in NWH. Makes far more sense for it to be Lizard, and would line up with the multiverses spider man villains.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    This isn't the place to discuss this
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    its venom 2 tho
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    and the game is marvel contest of champions

I mean, we have had discussions on Wandavision, Loki and stuff right? So I assumed that we could discuss it here. If it isn’t allowed then sorry bout this
    edited October 2021

Don’t think they’ll put Venom in NWH. Makes far more sense for it to be Lizard, and would line up with the multiverses spider man villains.
    True, it’s mostly Lizard then
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★

Don’t see anything that violates any terms of services. If people click and haven’t seen venom 2, that’s on them if anything was spoiled for them seeing as the title says venom 2.

I think venom definitely is coming to NWH because why would the trailer be multiverses colliding and the venom 2 end credit scene show spider man on his TV. Though 1 thing that i find odd is spider man asking doctor strange to revert everyone’s memory of him being peter parker and his face showing on the TV. Regardless, pretty sure NWH has multiple antagonist rather than just a single one. Might see other heroes assist spider man from different multiverses too if villains have come.
  • DespacitoDespacito Posts: 24
    I was surprised at how good it is. I thought the first one was awful and it's only enjoyable in a "so bad it's good" kind of way, but this movie seemed to recognize that silliness is the way to go for this franchise and brought it to the forefront. I liked Woody Harrelson as Cletus and I thought Carnage was definitely menacing, but that prison scene definitely would've benefitted from an R rating, as much as I liked it.

If you completely ignore the first movie and pretend like Venom had a different, Spiderman related origin like in the comics it becomes an infinitely better movie.

Also it does a good job at generating hype for no way home (as much as I think the premise of that movie is bankrupt of ideas)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★

Don’t see anything that violates any terms of services. If people click and haven’t seen venom 2, that’s on them if anything was spoiled for them seeing as the title says venom 2.

Is not about being a spoiler thread in all honesty. Is about being a thread on something that isn't related to the game.

Lol for some reason I thought NWH was something else, so ignore my previous response. But Venom is clearly there in NWH since Tom Holland’s face appears on the TV after those weird lights which were also there in NWH trailer came around his house. So Venom is definitely there in NWH, and hopefully Lizard too

Is not about being a spoiler thread in all honesty. Is about being a thread on something that isn't related to the game.
    Haven’t we had plenty of threads that were not directly related to the game but were related to Marvel, and the mods were fine with them being there too?
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I really liked it, just wished the movie was longer