**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Practice .... We Talkin' About PRACTICE???

2»

Comments

• StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    It's a cool mode but it would be nice if it worked for solo objectives that don't seem to mention any restrictions. For example the "VENOMIZED" solo objective says "Defeat Carnage 15 times using Venom (Any Rarity).". It doesn't mention in which game modes so I would have expected it to work with the practice game mode.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    Always appreciate a good Ted Lasso reference.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    It's a nice addition. About the only thing is like to see in the immediate future is a way to double or triple the Health of the champion you are dueling.

Later on, nodes etc would be a really nice addition.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Halala said:

I dont see pratice

That’s because you don’t have to practice against Antman. He is just that bad.

Glad he wasn’t the buff choice. Hopefully when they get around to him his buff is better than Guillotine.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    It’s better than having to try to find duel targets but having to use duel credits or units after 5 fights is still annoying.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
    Is there a bug? I thought the practice was free? It shows I have to pay with a duel credit???

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Is there a bug? I thought the practice was free? It shows I have to pay with a duel credit???

Who could possibly say. If only someone was smart enough to read literally the post above the question.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

Always appreciate a good Ted Lasso reference.

I mean, yeah, but way more people know the Iverson rant than Ted Lasso.

It’s better than having to try to find duel targets but having to use duel credits or units after 5 fights is still annoying.

It won't actually cost you anything to do the practice fights. It's just visually presenting like that. Still not good but useful to know for now.
    Kambam Zero, you're saying even with the duel credit logo appearing under the "start", it won't actually cost anything right? Just wanna be clear.
    TyEdge said:

Who could possibly say. If only someone was smart enough to read literally the post above the question.
    Or I'm just lazy instead.
  • It’s better than having to try to find duel targets but having to use duel credits or units after 5 fights is still annoying.

It won't actually cost you anything to do the practice fights. It's just visually presenting like that. Still not good but useful to know for now.
    Kambam Zero, you're saying even with the duel credit logo appearing under the "start", it won't actually cost anything right? Just wanna be clear.
    Yes, it won't cost you. Tested it on my prod account just to be sure. Since Duel and practice modes share a lot of functionality, the button was always looking at duel pricing for what it should display, hence in the case where you have no duel stamina it shows duel credits or Units. When you actually launch the fight, it won't charge you though because practice fights don't cost anything.

It's an unfortunate visual bug that we will be fixing, but won't be fixed until the next version as it is a client fix.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

Hmm seems like the issue is if you have no duel stamina it will show the pricing of duels. I did just test it on my prod account and it didn't actually cost my duel credits when I ran out of stamina. So you can still do it at no cost but this is certainly something we'll get fixed.

I tested this today and it definitely took away a duel credit. Using an iPad 6th gen. I can post a video if needed but I got the same feedback from my alliance mates.
  • AnakinIsGoneAnakinIsGone Posts: 217
    LouisW89 said:

Will these practice fights count towards solo objectives, as duels usually do?

Yes.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 440 ★★★
    Practice counts towards solo objectives. Unless it says duels doesn’t count. Tried it with anti-venom and it worked.
  • Hmm seems like the issue is if you have no duel stamina it will show the pricing of duels. I did just test it on my prod account and it didn't actually cost my duel credits when I ran out of stamina. So you can still do it at no cost but this is certainly something we'll get fixed.

I tested this today and it definitely took away a duel credit. Using an iPad 6th gen. I can post a video if needed but I got the same feedback from my alliance mates.
    If you could post a video of this that would be great. I tried it again on my account and after doing practice a number of times it never removed a duel credit.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    tip for those of you wanting to practice but the fight be longer than (15) hits, is use your strongest version of the champ, and use the champ you want to practice as 2 or 3 stars below the one you selected.

i.e. 6* practice target, use a 3* version of the champ you want to practice as. With arena now able to secure nearly every champ as a 3* is a great way to build the roster and try out these different scenarios.

I agree though, it would be great if you could incorporate defender nodes on it to try out different situations.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★

tip for those of you wanting to practice but the fight be longer than (15) hits, is use your strongest version of the champ, and use the champ you want to practice as 2 or 3 stars below the one you selected.

i.e. 6* practice target, use a 3* version of the champ you want to practice as. With arena now able to secure nearly every champ as a 3* is a great way to build the roster and try out these different scenarios.

I agree though, it would be great if you could incorporate defender nodes on it to try out different situations.

For those with full rosters, that's a good shout.

For everyone else, it would be nice to have a toggle switch, radio button or similar for the champion you are dueling to have double or triple health points.

Having a simple node selector would be great, even if it just had the common nodes that cause problems like Mix Master, etc.