**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank Down Tickets

Hi Kabam can we have rank down tickets again. Thanks!

Comments

• JJGJJG Posts: 145
    probably not the last time we got them we could abuse them for rewards in the solo challenges and they gave us the rank down tickets because they made some champs really bad and if we get them back it will only probs only be usable on the champs that they are making bad
  • RoraRora Posts: 124
    They can always make rank down tickets use not counted in solo challenges.
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    Its not just about solo events.Prestige manipulation is a bigger issue here
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    RDT's will only be back when champions get nerfed or changed. This was already discussed a lot of times
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/192369#Comment_192369

Here's your answer. It's amazing what a simple use of the Search button can do, instead of creating the eleventy thousandth and tenth post about RDT's
  • I've heard from more than a few players that attended nycc. They say they were told rdt's are coming before the end of the year. These players don't know each other. But I also wasn't there for the conversations they had, so who knows
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/192369#Comment_192369

Here's your answer. It's amazing what a simple use of the Search button can do, instead of creating the eleventy thousandth and tenth post about RDT's

Maybe that's the strategy of the buffoon. Spam these messages until they give in.
  • Prestige manipulation.....i would love few rank down tickets and i think plenty of others too,because we have used tons of t4b,t4c,gold and other recources on too many defender heroes and we cant use them anymore in the diversity war.they do not worth the high rank,just to use them in the arena.good idea!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    My alliance has been winning without diversity. Good defenders are not useless
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Don't worry you'll get your RDT very soon too many god tier champs are there in game
  • The diversity is bit less important,than before,but still pretty important.there are no 3 mordos,3 dormamus and 3 nightcrawlers in one defender group anymore,the diversity,the rating and the 100% exploration wins alltogether,so the tons of recources are wasted on so many defenders.
  • The nerf is not going to happen on the same way anymore,like with the 12.0 i think.slowly,nicely.no one is going to complain,they will be blind because of the hype about the new fantastic and op heroes.in the age of dumb,pretty easy to sell junk products,if there is a big hype about it.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    wlof8lur7dbc.png
    Our last 4 wars haven’t had ether side go for 100% diversity
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    If they do break down and hand some out, make them 4* only. No 5* champ resets. Unless of course, they are handed out for their intended usage for specific champ changes.
  • As i said,diversity,rating and exploration altogether.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Rank down tickets offer for black friday pleaseeeeeeeeee
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I've heard from more than a few players that attended nycc. They say they were told rdt's are coming before the end of the year. These players don't know each other. But I also wasn't there for the conversations they had, so who knows

I'd worry that if RDTs are issued then there's a huge change coming that most of us aren't going to be happy about. I'd be happy to have a couple but not at the cost of another 12.0 debacle. My guess is that RDTs are a thing of the past and never to be seen again.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Rora wrote: »
    Hi Kabam can we have rank down tickets again. Thanks!

here we go again. just another 1000th thread about rank down tickets when they can specifically said in earlier posts that they have absolutely zero plans to give them out anytime soon.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    when i see a post about someone asking for RDT and i read the comments i always wondered why everyone is so against it. is like they have a grudge against them or something

because it's a reset button and it messes with the meta game.

as an example, if my alliance made a decision to r4 the 3 highest prestige 5*s we had, we were able to take advantage of it by scoring highly in AQ. why should my alliance be able to undo that, and r4 the new 3 highest prestige champs we have? just because we want to?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    when i see a post about someone asking for RDT and i read the comments i always wondered why everyone is so against it. is like they have a grudge against them or something
    Besides the fact that they're intended for major changes to the Champs themselves, they are counterintuitive to the design of the game that is built on working for Resources and making choices based on the present meta. Several systems like AQ and SA are dependent on metrics that have to be at least stable or reasonably progressive, and creating a flux in those affects those systems as a whole.
    Plus the fact that the subject has been responded to many, many times.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    wlof8lur7dbc.png
    Our last 4 wars haven’t had ether side go for 100% diversity

Totally jealous. All of our Tier 1/2 wars are 100%. Would love to run into something like what you showed. Would mean our 180k could actually be a WIN!? #thedream
  • Rora wrote: »
    They can always make rank down tickets use not counted in solo challenges.

That would be a neat trick. Because it is not the use of rank down tickets that generates points, it is the use of the freed resources. And those are fungible - you can't tell which resources I'm using at any particular time, the ones the RDT freed or the ones I had before. I can also hold on to those resources for weeks or years before using them.

The only way they could make this work is if RDTs did not work the way they originally worked, which returned your resources, and instead awarded a rank up ticket equal to the rank down when the RDT was used. Then the RUT could be made to not generate rank up points in events.

And if they decide to do that, I suspect they will also make the RUT class-coupled to the RDT, and make the RUT time-limited so the RDT and the RUT would have to be used essentially back to back, and not banked.
  • I think everyone in MCoC wants RDT back bro, but Kabam Mike made it pretty clear they wont come back the same, and thats saying they do come back. I know people from NYCC said they are coming back before New Year, but they are just rumors, don't get yourself hyped up over it.
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    The day everyone stops asking for RDT is the day they would've handed them out if anyone asked.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

Has a lot to do with prestige manipulation. People in the top 300 or so AQ have played the prestige race to get there. RDTs start the race all over again and people struggle to regain previous rewards.
    Then again people get jealous because other's are able to rank up better champs than they have.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    IBTL
  • Hey everyone! This particular topic has come up many, many times before.

Our friend Kabam Miike made a post about this particular issue right here.

Closing this thread down to reduce forum clutter.
This discussion has been closed.