**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

what's with the overtuned side quest?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

I’m curious - it seems loads of people are taking the agent venom quest. Are you choosing that one because you’re after the t5CC rewards or because it’s the first quest in the list?

I need T4c and am close to forming three more T5c. That’s the quest for me.

Dr. Zola
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

FiiNCH said:

I’m curious - it seems loads of people are taking the agent venom quest. Are you choosing that one because you’re after the t5CC rewards or because it’s the first quest in the list?

Dr. Zola
    Ah makes sense, sounds perfect for you then! I had a suspicion people were joining because it’s the first one they see and they aren’t aware all 6 quests are open for them. It’s sounds like the others are easier too.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

FiiNCH said:

DrZola said:

FiiNCH said:

Dr. Zola
    Ah makes sense, sounds perfect for you then! I had a suspicion people were joining because it’s the first one they see and they aren’t aware all 6 quests are open for them. It’s sounds like the others are easier too.
    Yeah, that’s possible. You can go into the pre-quest screen and check out quest rewards. That’s the only reason I put 2 and 2 together and realized this was one of six repeatable quests.

What do people who just play the game and don’t come on here do if even forums users get confused?

Dr. Zola
    It’s a good point - I had to visit the monthly breakdown post a couple of times to make sure I was selecting the right one!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

The agent venom one is absurd too.i clicked out of it because I do t care enough to try and rank up a useless 1 star.

Welllllllllll.......you shouldn't be taking the summoned symbiote into that quest.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

I did it because it was the first I came to. Torch and Doom was who I used. Doom mainly for AV.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

Maybe the access to Legendary difficulty is being extended to players it shouldn't be. Now days, there's a philosophy about this game that if one has access to a piece of content, that it should be tuned for them specifically. That's never been the case in the past.

There's always been an assortment of players who have access to something. And the level of individual difficulty you experience is based on your own personal progression (both roster and combat experience)...within your progression bracket. Here's why this is ok: Think about it this way. If a player is finding a piece of content they've been given access to difficult, it likely means the rewards are more valuable to your account than someone who doesn't find it difficult.

The relative value of rewards also scales up with the relative difficulty of the content. If that makes sense. 500 6 star shards, for example, is likely more impactful to one's account if they find the quest difficult. And it's less impactful for someone who does not. This kind of balances things in a way.

Edit: The best solution may be that another difficulty is needed altogether, beyond Legendary. With different access requirements. If that happened, Legendary could be retuned.

Legendary is for Cavalier and above. 65k opponents are way too high for Cavalier players, who usually do half of that.
    Ok, two things. One, I think maybe the quests have varying difficulty. The one I did was "easy" for me. However, it sounds like the difficulty is markedly different for each quest? Depending on which resource you want?

The other is, that's part of my point. They are grouping too many levels of players into one bracket. There should be a "Mythic" difficulty or something. Which means Legendary could be tuned down.

Even though I don't want the rewards from some of the other ones (I did the 6 shards quest). I'm tempted to do a run, just to see what's up. Maybe there is a huge difference from one quest to another.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I did epic difficulty with a max 4* Chi

I did the cosmic spider quest.

It was very very easy. I might go uncollected tomorrow. Just unlocked uncollected so I’m not very champ heavy..I have to be really careful what quest I choose

Looks like I’m stuck at epic. Not cav yet to do legendary
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    SunRice said:

It's stupid that you have to use the key to enter once and you can't even explore the quest first. Not only it's unfair and blindfolded challenge, but the nodes and hp/attack of the bosses are Ridiculous. What's the point of wasting all potions every day to complete this quest?? And we also us the opportunity to upgrade Steve cuz if I exit I get exactly 0 klyntar katalysts... WHAT WAS THE POINT OF DESIGNING THIS QUEST?! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
    Please, enlighten me

You can use the preview button on the champ screen.
    Chikel said:

Maybe the access to Legendary difficulty is being extended to players it shouldn't be. Now days, there's a philosophy about this game that if one has access to a piece of content, that it should be tuned for them specifically. That's never been the case in the past.

There's always been an assortment of players who have access to something. And the level of individual difficulty you experience is based on your own personal progression (both roster and combat experience)...within your progression bracket. Here's why this is ok: Think about it this way. If a player is finding a piece of content they've been given access to difficult, it likely means the rewards are more valuable to your account than someone who doesn't find it difficult.

The relative value of rewards also scales up with the relative difficulty of the content. If that makes sense. 500 6 star shards, for example, is likely more impactful to one's account if they find the quest difficult. And it's less impactful for someone who does not. This kind of balances things in a way.

Edit: The best solution may be that another difficulty is needed altogether, beyond Legendary. With different access requirements. If that happened, Legendary could be retuned.

This is some bs. I'm one quest away from 7.2 completion, cleared 5 SOP bosses and have been exploring Cav eq every month with little to no revives but somehow a monthly side quest "is not the right difficulty for me?"
    I have counters to the fight, if I had not been in such a hurry I could have cleared it. My point is that the difficulty is overtuned for the rewards you get from it. Even with the best counters, it's still not fun.
    Seriously, tell me someone you can use against that Roblin and have fun?
    We went though slogfest September expecting to have fun in October and this is what we get?
    Impressive, I got 15 disagrees on that post. At least thank you for explaining your view point. It's appreciated. Unlike some of the others who just disagree out of anger without any feedback as to what they disagree with.

So, to further explain what I meant about the "relative value" or impact of the rewards and how the difficulty of content is always going to vary within a certain progression bracket... When Uncollected EQ was first introduced (when MODOK entered the game), it was difficult for me. I often made the decision to use items or even units to clear it. Because the rewards were huge (relative to my progression). It felt like I was punching above my weight, and that was the price for some high value rewards.

I was totally at peace with this. It seemed about right. And, frankly I'm grateful for being challenged by the content over the years. It made me a stronger, wiser player. And it's what gives you a sense of accomplishment when you overcome it. As I grew my roster and continued to learn new combat mechanics and skills, it gradually became easier and easier. My point in all this, is that it never occurred to me to get angry or demand they tune it down. I opted to tune myself up instead. Figured it's all part of the journey. I think there are many "old timers" who can relate to this.

This philosophy seems all but gone now from the progressing player base. There's no patience. Or a least a concept of.. "maybe I'm missing a key piece of information or combat technique that would make this easier..". Rather than, "I'm doing everything correctly, as I already know everything there is to know about this game. Clearly the issue is with the content, and not me."

I'm not saying the above applies to you. I really have no idea... I'm just saying this attitude is out there. It does exist. As for your personal experience so far. I think there will still be things for you to learn in the exploration of act 7. And most certainly act 6. Which is (or was, at least) markedly more difficult. I mean zero offense by this, truly, but a one-time clear of story doesn't mark the pinnacle of experience in this game. Often, most of the challenge of quests is baked into the exploration. Which is where we can gain experience.
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

This is some bs. I'm one quest away from 7.2 completion, cleared 5 SOP bosses and have been exploring Cav eq every month with little to no revives but somehow a monthly side quest "is not the right difficulty for me?"
    I have counters to the fight, if I had not been in such a hurry I could have cleared it. My point is that the difficulty is overtuned for the rewards you get from it. Even with the best counters, it's still not fun.
    Seriously, tell me someone you can use against that Roblin and have fun?
    We went though slogfest September expecting to have fun in October and this is what we get?
    Impressive, I got 15 disagrees on that post. At least thank you for explaining your view point. It's appreciated. Unlike some of the others who just disagree out of anger without any feedback as to what they disagree with.

So, to further explain what I meant about the "relative value" or impact of the rewards and how the difficulty of content is always going to vary within a certain progression bracket... When Uncollected EQ was first introduced (when MODOK entered the game), it was difficult for me. I often made the decision to use items or even units to clear it. Because the rewards were huge (relative to my progression). It felt like I was punching above my weight, and that was the price for some high value rewards.

I was totally at peace with this. It seemed about right. And, frankly I'm grateful for being challenged by the content over the years. It made me a stronger, wiser player. And it's what gives you a sense of accomplishment when you overcome it. As I grew my roster and continued to learn new combat mechanics and skills, it gradually became easier and easier. My point in all this, is that it never occurred to me to get angry or demand they tune it down. I opted to tune myself up instead. Figured it's all part of the journey. I think there are many "old timers" who can relate to this.

This philosophy seems all but gone now from the progressing player base. There's no patience. Or a least a concept of.. "maybe I'm missing a key piece of information or combat technique that would make this easier..". Rather than, "I'm doing everything correctly, as I already know everything there is to know about this game. Clearly the issue is with the content, and not me."

I'm not saying the above applies to you. I really have no idea... I'm just saying this attitude is out there. It does exist. As for your personal experience so far. I think there will still be things for you to learn in the exploration of act 7. And most certainly act 6. Which is (or was, at least) markedly more difficult. I mean zero offense by this, truly, but a one-time clear of story doesn't mark the pinnacle of experience in this game. Often, most of the challenge of quests is baked into the exploration. Which is where we can gain experience.
    You completely missed my point.
    This is a monthly side quest geared towards new Cavaliers and thronebreakers, it's not SOP, Carina challenges or Celebrity challenges. Side quests are not a test of roster depth (That's Act 6 and 7) they should be doable with average roster and skills. New cavs and someone without Doom or Apocalypse is going to struggle massively against that Venom and Red Goblin. In an event made for them.
    And frankly, I'm quite tired of the whole "only old players developed their skills, new ones have no patience, skill or desire to learn. They just get everything handed to them on a platter" People hear one uneccassary complaint and they lump everyone who hasn't played the game for more than 3 together with the complainant. It smacks of elitism and belittles the efforts of new players some of whom are better than the "Og's"
    My complaint and I repeat is about the fun factor. I can do the fights just fine but I do not enjoy it because the difficulty is overtuned. Can you think of another side quest with such high healthpools and restrictive nodes?
    I also asked that you suggest someone who can make that Red Goblin fight fun?
    100+ hits to finish a side quest boss everyday while dexing a million specials is not my definition of fun.
    Yes, I have. There were in fact some pretty gnarly SQ in the past. I don't remember reading a rule anywhere that side quests are not allowed to be difficult. But... I agree. As of late, side quests have been fairly straightforward. Which, seemed to be the new trend. I've admitted that I haven't tried Red Goblin or AV, because it's not the rewards I wanted. But maybe I will give up a few shards on my account just to test them out and see what the fuss is about. And try to give some feedback.

That's just it, I still don't understand the whole "it's geared towards (the newest players in this bracket)"... Where did it say that? And that's why I wrote a huge explanation about relative difficulty. Any piece of content that is bracketed by progression levels will always have a different relative difficulty for each level of player within said bracket. Those new to the bracket will experience more difficulty, those at the end of the bracket (who are ready for the next bracket) will experience less...etc. Do you not agree with this?