**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Cosmic Eclipse side quest difficulty [title edited for clarity]

xTrashpanda12xxTrashpanda12x Posts: 30
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
Just curious to hear your input on the difficulty of the cosmic eclipse side event on legendary difficulty. I entered the side quest 1 against Agent Venom and ended up needing 2 revives. I'm not great at the game but with a 5 star awakened doom and 5 star awakened corvus max sig I still found this boss to be annoying. Not only that but we must do this quest everyday for 28 days? I'm not sure how the other bosses were like in the other quests but I think this is ridiculous. A repeatable daily quest shouldn't be requiring many revives or health potions at all.

I also had a look at some other Youtubers doing the same quest 1 I went into and they to were struggling. Maybe a nerf for the boss fight is on the cards? What do you think?

Comments

• Does anyone know if the bosses/nodes are gonna be the same for all 28 days? Cause I don’t think I can do this legendary difficulty every day.

I guess we will find out tomorrow, I really hope not.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

It seems like agent venom is the hardest boss out of the six. I chose to do the symbiote Spider-Man quest and that was straightforward.

Have you tried Roblin? Extremely annoying as well
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Does it live up to the build up? No. Not so far, and not very likely.

I'll still do it because I'm an idiot, but a month-long grind of this, if that's what this is, will likely trigger another burn-out break when combined with all the other stuff going on.

I, too, am an idiot.

And I agree. Twenty-eight runs of that AV will not make me excited about November. Or want to crack my wallet for BF/CM.

Dr. Zola
    I wish the defenders were rotating for each of the quests.
  • Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    @DrZola you know you don’t have to do just AV, right? You can pick anyone of those 6 quests on legendary…each level has different rewards and nodes tho. I’m just looking for the easiest level to do for those rank up materials for my 1* Steve Sym lol
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 241 ★★
    Just wondering, do we have to do this daily or can we save up keys throughout the month? I think I'd rather wait every 2-3 days and cram a lot with boosts just to avoid the monotony.
    @Caleb705 you can save up keys and do a few runs at a time
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Caleb705 said:

Just wondering, do we have to do this daily or can we save up keys throughout the month? I think I'd rather wait every 2-3 days and cram a lot with boosts just to avoid the monotony.

You can save the keys and binge fight.
    @DrZola ah ok… I have over 3k AQ crystals and T4 cat crystals so I just need a **** ton of gold, so I’ll be grinding the Venompool level for gold lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Knorr7227 said:

@DrZola ah ok… I have over 3k AQ crystals and T4 cat crystals so I just need a **** ton of gold, so I’ll be grinding the Venompool level for gold lol

Lucky you! We run easy AQ so I’m usually hand to mouth on rankup materials.

Dr. Zola
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 501 ★★★
    i will probably just do the epic version.
    Any idea if I can max steve by completing epic difficulty all 29 days
  • Diablord said:

Most likely not unfortunately. Do legendary daily quests to make it easier for the legendary knull single quest. Unless you do epic and get him to like rank 4 but then use revives and health potions for the main knull side quest to assist.
  • Knorr7227 said:

@DrZola you know you don’t have to do just AV, right? You can pick anyone of those 6 quests on legendary…each level has different rewards and nodes tho. I’m just looking for the easiest level to do for those rank up materials for my 1* Steve Sym lol

True but in my case I need 10/28 1% tier 5 class catalysts to be mutant from quest 1 so that I can then get 10%. Then the main knull side quest will allow me to get the 25% tier 5 class catalyst selector. This 35% mutant tier 5 class catalysts is helping me get thronebreaker. So I need to hang in there and do the legendary cosmic eclipse quest 1 to have a chance at thronebreaker.

If I never needed the tier 5 class catalysts then i would definitely choose an easier one everyday at legendary difficulty.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Diablord said:

Steve requires 240 Kats total, so, unfortunately, you can't

If you could do 15 of each, you'd get exactly 240 Katalysts

But you can't – to be on the safe side, the ratio for 28 days with lowest amount of Legendary clears would be something like 18L:10E which also gives 240... but not a lot of time to use max rank Steve.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Does anyone know if the bosses/nodes are gonna be the same for all 28 days? Cause I don’t think I can do this legendary difficulty every day.

Yeah it's gonna be same
    All the bosses are the ones we find in that other Knull side quest which means it's intentional & will be same
    The nodes are in accordance with who the boss is & Kabam definitely aren't gonna do the effort of designing 28 or 14 or 7 new nodes fr 6 bosses
    It will be the exact same layout on all 28 days
    The best we cn expect is change in champs on the path before the boss, but I don't think even that's gonna happen
  • TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 111

Just curious to hear your input on the difficulty of the cosmic eclipse side event on legendary difficulty. I entered the side quest 1 against Agent Venom and ended up needing 2 revives. I'm not great at the game but with a 5 star awakened doom and 5 star awakened corvus max sig I still found this boss to be annoying. Not only that but we must do this quest everyday for 28 days? I'm not sure how the other bosses were like in the other quests but I think this is ridiculous. A repeatable daily quest shouldn't be requiring many revives or health potions at all.

I also had a look at some other Youtubers doing the same quest 1 I went into and they to were struggling. Maybe a nerf for the boss fight is on the cards? What do you think?

You Should Use Right Champs...
    Corvus without Charges (or Suicides) is Meh
  • Just curious to hear your input on the difficulty of the cosmic eclipse side event on legendary difficulty. I entered the side quest 1 against Agent Venom and ended up needing 2 revives. I'm not great at the game but with a 5 star awakened doom and 5 star awakened corvus max sig I still found this boss to be annoying. Not only that but we must do this quest everyday for 28 days? I'm not sure how the other bosses were like in the other quests but I think this is ridiculous. A repeatable daily quest shouldn't be requiring many revives or health potions at all.

Hard to know what the fight was on the first day, wasn't expecting it at all. Gonna let my anti venom stack up and wait for a cheese video on these bosses, then gonna go in hard with 1 hour boosts and klap them quick.
  • Just curious to hear your input on the difficulty of the cosmic eclipse side event on legendary difficulty. I entered the side quest 1 against Agent Venom and ended up needing 2 revives. I'm not great at the game but with a 5 star awakened doom and 5 star awakened corvus max sig I still found this boss to be annoying. Not only that but we must do this quest everyday for 28 days? I'm not sure how the other bosses were like in the other quests but I think this is ridiculous. A repeatable daily quest shouldn't be requiring many revives or health potions at all.

Who do you suggest then going forward? Will be nice to know.
  • Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 167 ★★
    So which mission is arguably easiest? Clearly the AV one sucks but how about the ones that drop shards?