**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Newbie1 Kenobi
    iPhone XR
    iOS 14.7.1
    Game 32.2.0
    Both wifi and cellular
    Arenas
    Game stalled and would not move once an arena fight was won, closed the app and reopened it and got a message that there was an error connecting when I went back to the arena fight. It showed me losing the fight even though I had won. I then lost the final fight due to input issues resulting in a loss of multiplier, an arena boost, and several thousands of points. The arenas are already time-consuming, so these issues really discourage me from playing the game at all.

The lag issues also occur in all game modes with AQ and AW app crashes causing a loss of 50% health. Input issues are causing more potion use and can even affect war outcomes.

It feels incredibly like being cheated and severely impacts the enjoyment of the game. It seems like more is taken than given in all aspects of game play. Fun things such as EQ and AQ/AW now have an aspect of dread. I don’t think this is how you intended the game to run. Please adjust reward ratios while also addressing these issues more quickly. It’s been too long.
  • VeronVeron Posts: 21
    I really used to enjoy playing this game and am very grateful for the effort you all put in to create the characters etc. However the experience had now become very very frustrating with almost constant crashing whatever device or internet you have and very bizarre control responses. The compensation is really inadequate for the pain being suffered. If you are just hanging on as a game be honest and tell us. We will mourn your demise as a once great game. P,ease don’t keep fobbing us off though as it takes away your dignity.
  • SJSSJS Posts: 11
    In game name: Disco 007
    Device and model: I-phone 8
    Device op system: 14.7.1
    Cellular or WiFi. Both
    Game version installed: the most current to date.
    Issues: I have 2 runs left at Gwenmaster. Currently I am sat at her after exhausting my item stash on the tech phase. Nothing is removing her armour ups. 4 hit light combo is doing nothing and fury unblockable doing nothing.
  • saimsaim Posts: 18
    In-Game Name: Saim369
    Device and Model: Iphone6
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: Every
    Description of the Issue: Games Crashes Every 10 min Pls Help Its So annoying it crashes Even in middle of a Fight
  • B1o_BoostedB1o_Boosted Posts: 10
    Just got to the boss of uncollected 2.2. Got kicked. Reloaded. No steps registered. Lost all my energy and refills
    14.7.1 iPhone 8+ both
    Have to say; I’ve had ‘some’ of these issues over a couple of months , but nowhere near the savagery described by so many. A few crashes, several parry dex issues, but these are near gone. The odd whiffing I’m sure is going to occur, bugs or not.
    As for customer service, I think in my experience, what’s described above is unfair. And not true.
    The compensation is good. AW stuff is fine, I don’t need them anyway these days, but the Glory has been invaluable.
    There’s going to be bugs and outrages. That’s the digital world for you. I get worse at my own desk job. Plus, imho, this was a tiny game, it’s now huge and complicated. It’s not been impossible to play, it has not been great, but I think sometimes the Kabam team are getting too much flack and the issues way overblown.
    Chill out
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    I bet they are even reading these posts !!
    Massive issue:- unresponsive feedbacks from kabam guys
  • Thugboy84
    ISO: 7+
    Latest version phone
    Latest version game

4G
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    This is totally still messed up! The game still is lagging and dex is messed up! When is going to be fixed? Come on Kabam!!!!!!! This game isn’t even fun fun anymore because your added control issue bugs! You allowing the AI to cheat to take our health so we have to buy more is is unethical. How is the AI cheating… the lags for us not your AI. So when the game lags the AI can can still move at perfect speed with no lag getting in that split time frame to where we should have been to block but the lag prevents it and alllows the AI to do whatever the heck it please! That in my eyes is cheating us! Get your system fixed! You ha e intelligent developers and I don’t believe for one second they don’t know what the issue is. Come on now!
  • GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★
    I’ve had nothing but lag and connection issues all evening. Constant spinning wheels and disconnects.
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 150
    2 Apple devices: iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro M1 2021. Both running iOS 15.
    The game frequently stutters, disconnects, and generally has poorer performance. Seems to be directly tied to the new iOS, as I wasn't having this specific issues when running iOS 14's last update.
    In-game name: The Wass.
    Issues happening on both WiFi and Cellular networks. Latest version of MCOC.
  • Tyler1140Tyler1140 Posts: 14
    In-Game Name: Tyler~1140
    Device and Model: iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.8
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 32.2.0
    Game Mode: AQ and arena
    Description of the Issue: I was in AQ and when I started fight it quit. Same thing with Arena.
  • Vinsanity365Vinsanity365 Posts: 3
    edited September 2021
    In Game Name: Sigma Ghost
    Device and version: iPhone Xs
    Device operating system: 15.0
    Mobile carrier: Verizon
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game version installed: 32.2.0
    Game mode: Arena, Alliance Quest, Event Quest
    Champions affected: All Champions
    Active boosts: None
    Description of the issue: Although I am holding block on the phone, block is suddenly released. Other times I hold block but the champ launches a medium attack. When I try swiping back the champ stands idle, not responding.
    Screenshots:

• In Game Name: Sigma Ghost
    Device and version: iPhone Xs
    Device operating system: 15.0
    Mobile carrier: Verizon
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game mode: Arena, Alliance Quest, Event Quest
    Description of the issue: Although I am holding block on the phone, block is suddenly released. Other times I hold block but the champ launches a medium attack. When I try swiping back the champ stands idle, not responding.
    Screenshots:

UPDATE:
    Arena is working fine so far but the Quests are unbearable to play. Neither Parry’s (and Blocks) nor combo inputs are registering for Event Quest, Back Issue Quests or Side Quests.

• In Game Name: Terriersforever
    Device and version: iPhone XR
    Device operating system: IOS 14.8
    Provider: O2
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Wi-fi
    Game mode: Alliance War, Event Quest
    Description of the issue:
    The parry / Dex problem affects me a lot but inconsistently so it is difficult to adapt to it. I appreciate kabam know of this and that it is connected to a change of timings/time lag.

There is a similar inconsistent time lag when doing a combo which makes it appear that the AI can attack or trigger a special or dex away mid combo. When, in fact, the time lag changes how the combo is registering:
    1. A light light light, becomes a light and medium - for which the AI can counter
    2. A medium, light, light, - becomes a medium medium for which the AI can counter

The inconsistency is very frustrating though. I could adapt if every fight was the same.
  • In-Game Name: •l’m from DC•
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game will randomly crash upon hitting the Fight button to start a fight or lose server connection and need to reestablish connection whereupon you need to navigate back to the appropriate quest/fight and start again. This is particularly frustrating in Alliance Quest and Alliance War fights where champions lose 50% health and in war this counts as a Time Out or KO.
  • CritCapCritCap Posts: 65
    I get error and I suddenly leave the dungeon when I do incursions and have input lag when I hit it just suddenly stops AND random champs like bison OG breaking my block
  • CritCapCritCap Posts: 65
    Vision og I mean
  • Name: Lord_Kendall
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: 14.7.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular on Boost mobile
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: game is shutting down during load screens, in battles, during choosing champs for AQ or AW. In EQ, using Doom vs Massacre took 4 battles. Using CG vs Glad Hulk, took 6 battles. Shuts down at beginning, middle, and end of fights. I am unable to even try to get to next fight, which I believe is Shang chi. Tried screen recording, which has worked with no issues before, and tried to record the shutdowns. Every time it shuts down, it shuts off record and does not save. Seems to have really started doing this in past week. At this time, unable to finish EQ or jump into AQ. (Have restarted phone. Making sure it is not in the case for heat issues (this seems to have been reeling its head again since 2 months ago game update.))
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    2 days on new update, and game gives me a record of frame drops! And stuttering. When I’m using specials on prof x, I got like 5 frames per second. Actually all fights running pretty bad, like 15-20 fps. Using iPhone XR on iOS 14.8 and WiFi connection 100 mbit. I was waiting some performance improvements this patch, and I get this.
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 342 ★★★
    Name: Rebark
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 32.3.0 (Octuber Update)
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War
    Description of the Issue:
    Game is crashing and closing with less than 15 minutes of use
  • In-Game Name: Deviation Doom
    Device and Model: iPhone SE
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.7.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? N/A
    Description of the Issue: So when I loaded up the game to check for the Final Preparations, I couldn't find them. I don't know how to find them and ever since the inbox message was sent in the game, I couldn't find the objectives. Please help me.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Alright. We all know the game has been buggy lately but the last update made it even worse. I'm now getting lag and frame freezes, almost never had those problems before. I use an update iPad mini 4. I swear every update you fix some little bugs but make the gameplay worse. In another month it won't even be able to load. Fix your game and test your updates. Smdh
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Name: Stellar687
    Device and Model: iPhone 12
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 32.3.0 (October Update)
    Game Mode: Event Quests
    Game crashed 3 times against anti-venom in cavalier difficulty
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Name: Voluntaris
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: 14.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi and Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 32.3.0 (October Update)
    Game Mode: Event Quests / Alliance Quest / Arenas
    Game consistently crashes at least once every hour. If it crashes when queuing an AQ fight or in an AQ fight, I lose 50% of health. In Event quest or Arena, it usually returns me to start of fight (not always though, around 80% of the time). In addition, the game continues to stutter/random low frame rates in fights/also during fights the game will just freeze for a couple seconds, significantly negatively impacting my ability to play and enjoy the game.