**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Side Quests: main things to prep for

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just want a central area where we can help each other.

Quest 1:
minor champs: tenacity node, otherwise easy fights
Agent Venom: main concern is he becomes Unblockable if he has an armor buff.
He also has a node that gives him an un-timed armor buff.

So either
1) be really good at unblockable champs
2) be able to remove the armor buff. (complicated due to AV shrugging debuffs like stagger, etc)

I used Wags and Doom and 4 revives.
I do not plan to do this one again.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    I think it's quest 3 but it has symbiote spidey as the boss.
    archangel (when parry activates) works very well and so does doom if you don't block and for the boss, you can ghost it one hit at a time I still die cause I'm not great but for someone whos better it would be EZ PZ
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    One small correction: Stagger is generally not a debuff except for champions like Anti-Venom, Mangog and Sasquatch
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Quest 1 corrections:

1) AV does have a timer on the Armor (30 seconds), but it can stack.
    If you play aggressive, he will keep Armor up.

2) Doom's stagger is apparently passive, so it will not shrug

3) every 2 seconds AV gets a Prowess that stacks. His specials cause massive damage, even when you block
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    Llessur said:

I think it's quest 3 but it has symbiote spidey as the boss.
    archangel (when parry activates) works very well and so does doom if you don't block and for the boss, you can ghost it one hit at a time I still die cause I'm not great but for someone whos better it would be EZ PZ

I ran this quest with Sorcerer Supreme and Jabari Panther. Their synergy lets SS start the fight with a bar of power. Start her in her power control/slow phase and you can apply a slow to Spidey right off the bat. If you can work up to it, it’d be ideal to throw an sp3 to apply the slow so you get it with every special, then you’d be any to drop specials in the armor phase to mitigate block damage.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Quest 3: symbiote spiderman

Minor champs: Drax and Wolverine. Node is Bubble Shield
    Main champ: symbiote spiderman with bubble shield and mix master and a lot more

Best counter: 5/65 Archangel duped.
    I am terrible at this game and beat all 3 champs with AA.
    No items.
    Just Parry/Heavy.
    (I brought Venom too, but never used him)

500 6* shards. completely worth the effort.

Will try this for next entry, got 5/65 AA and 4/55 Venom both awakened.

So just parry right?
    Will it not trigger bubble shields' unblockable on well timed blocks?
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Venom pool/gold quest was incredibly easy. Longshot can take the whole path and boss with 1 or 2 special 2s
    @SHIELD4AGENT the neurotoxins block the node at 4-7 on the counter.
    As long as you keep up the toxins, no worries.

Just parry heavy.

I used some specials, but will try only parry heavy tomorrow
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    I will provide this here also:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/283475/which-is-the-easiest-legendary-sq-quest-best-options#latest

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/283266/who-are-you-using-for-the-cosmic-eclipse-side-quest#latest

These are links to some of the ongoing discussions about counters to the side quest. They are back in the Strategy tab for safe keeping.

Dr. Zola
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
    Quest 3: Sym Spidey
    Just like others said, AA Parry/Heavy, plus Apop for the Drax and Wolvie to build up the Horseman synergy.
    2nd try: quest 3
    Breezed through minor champs
    Symspidey 3 revives due to multiple parry fails.

Strategy still good, game just broken.
    Venom does well on sym spidey

Anyone used Doom.
    Would his stagger get the unblockable?
    Thinking medium heavy combos