**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is the side quest so difficult?

There must be a challenge, yeah that's true

But it is impossible with a wrong choice of champion (or if you don't have a good champion for it) and there is no way to do it again because you have only one entry per day. Seriously kabam, fix the game, listen to the community and then do challenging missions, please

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

If it‘s too hard for you, do one difficulty lower. Problem solved.

That can work for some people. In fact, on day two I’d advise anyone struggling to hold off until more people play and find counters. There’s no rush.

But for others who are generally able to do the content, it’s hard to miss the fact that the bosses in Legendary vary widely in difficulty. Maybe there’s a reason to make it harder to get one prize over another? Not sure.

Dr. Zola
    I definitely agree with the variety of difficulty between Legendary Bosses, going off what some of my friends said some are Super Easy/Simple then some like the Agent Venom are oddly Super Stacked by comparison.
    Was 1% of a Random T5CC really worth This Much Protection? 😂
    Use Doom on him.

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

That can work for some people. In fact, on day two I’d advise anyone struggling to hold off until more people play and find counters. There’s no rush.

But for others who are generally able to do the content, it’s hard to miss the fact that the bosses in Legendary vary widely in difficulty. Maybe there’s a reason to make it harder to get one prize over another? Not sure.

Dr. Zola
    I definitely agree with the variety of difficulty between Legendary Bosses, going off what some of my friends said some are Super Easy/Simple then some like the Agent Venom are oddly Super Stacked by comparison.
    Use Doom on him.
    Ah yes because Everyone has Doom 😂
    Just a tip. I used him and didn't face as much stress. He Nullifies. Just spam the L1.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    I could be completely wrong, but has anyone considered that it may be considerably easier after the Summoned Symbiote is ranked up and employed to the quest?
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    If you don't have a 5/65 or r2 venom or AA, what's the best solution to symbiote Spiderman? The sp1 plus the degrading block node and massive fury he gets from parry stun, makes him annoying too. Used 2 20% revives on my first try.

Tried him and agent venom (used Diablo on AV and did ok, but needed a revive) and both are pains. 35 5/65 or above and not sure I've the solutions.

If anyone has easy solutions, that aren't doom (don't have him) let me know!
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

If you don't have a 5/65 or r2 venom or AA, what's the best solution to symbiote Spiderman? The sp1 plus the degrading block node and massive fury he gets from parry stun, makes him annoying too. Used 2 20% revives on my first try.

Tried him and agent venom (used Diablo on AV and did ok, but needed a revive) and both are pains. 35 5/65 or above and not sure I've the solutions.

If anyone has easy solutions, that aren't doom (don't have him) let me know!

Can we see what the options are? And shall we assume non-suicides build?
    edited October 2021
    @hungryhungrybbq suicides I am afraid.

Have thought about shulk and slow, but his 400%+ attack boost from debuffs and sp1 spam will kill her on block.

Got AA as 4/55 duped. But probs just need to try very carefully again with Diablo and venompool. I can't "shake" quake either.

I can get him, but it's not guaranteed deathless each time and is therefore stressful.

More here too. Please don't say Roblin. I hate him...

I may try cable with apoc; 4 heavies will kill him I think
    @Moosetiptronic I prefer suicides actually 🙂 cool, taking a look now.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    What’s about ghost? I see you got a 6* Hood and a 6* Ghost and that gives a synergy that she can’t take any damage during phase. Which means you should be able to tank sp3 back and forth with care.

@hungryhungrybbq suicides I am afraid.

Have thought about shulk and slow, but his 400%+ attack boost from debuffs and sp1 spam will kill her on block.

Got AA as 4/55 duped. But probs just need to try very carefully again with Diablo and venompool. I can't "shake" quake either.

I can get him, but it's not guaranteed deathless each time and is therefore stressful.

More here too. Please don't say Roblin. I hate him...

I may try cable with apoc; 4 heavies will kill him I think

Yeah, I know, I need to learn to play ghost....
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    @Moosetiptronic I think I see Falcon in your roster. That's who I used.

I won't call it easy, cause frankly, I don't consider any fight where a single mistake results in death to be easy, but that said, I've done two runs using Falcon and Doom.

First run I slipped up, but did enough damage that Doom was able to clean up. Second run was a solo.

Good luck to you!
    edited October 2021
    @Moosetiptronic So, basically.. the main problem to be solved in this fight (while also playing around an evade mechanic) is the combination of Bubble Shield and a difficult sp1. Right? Normally the strategic answer to Bubble Shield is to use parry to get them up to 1.5 bars then begin to cycle their sp1 for openings. However his sp1 isn't fully dex-able by most players. Though you can still punish it, if you at least dex the punches. But that still requires taking 2 webshots to block each time.

I don't think I like Shulk for this as she thrives with easy to punish specials. I'd say Ghost and AA are some of the top options. It can be done with others, but these are the easy-mode options imo. Being as I don't see a mention of Ghost, I'm still gonna go with AA as your best option. He actually deals with many of the problems in this fight. He may even turn off the nodes. 🙂

I'd recommend bringing Apoc to make him a horseman probably. If you can start shutting him down earlier, it may help with the lower hp of the 4/55. And yeah, if you can rank him, do it. He's useful for so many things beyond this quest.

Also, these rewards (when viewed as a whole for the entire event, including the final quest) are worth using items I'd say. But sure, if you are able to do some of the runs itemless, even better.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Dr. Zola
    Use Doom on him.
    Just a tip. I used him and didn't face as much stress. He Nullifies. Just spam the L1.
    I’m genuinely curious:

Did you need items? Did you do Legendary? What was your team? Did you rely on power management to reduce the number of Sp1s you had to block? Did you rely on heavy to stagger the armor up/unblockable buffs? What was your approach?

Dr. Zola
    I used a couple Revs the first pass but I was in a rush and playing garbage. You can barely get the Heavy off with Tenacity, but the L1 nullifies the Unblockable and other Buffs. Along with Power Control.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Dr. Zola
    Use Doom on him.
    I’m genuinely curious:

Did you need items? Did you do Legendary? What was your team? Did you rely on power management to reduce the number of Sp1s you had to block? Did you rely on heavy to stagger the armor up/unblockable buffs? What was your approach?

Dr. Zola
    I used a couple Revs the first pass but I was in a rush and playing garbage. You can barely get the Heavy off with Tenacity, but the L1 nullifies the Unblockable and other Buffs. Along with Power Control.
    So no White Mags. Who was your second champ?

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Dr. Zola
    Use Doom on him.
    I’m genuinely curious:

Dr. Zola
    So no White Mags. Who was your second champ?

Dr. Zola
    HT.