**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is the side quest so difficult?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

If it‘s too hard for you, do one difficulty lower. Problem solved.

That can work for some people. In fact, on day two I’d advise anyone struggling to hold off until more people play and find counters. There’s no rush.

But for others who are generally able to do the content, it’s hard to miss the fact that the bosses in Legendary vary widely in difficulty. Maybe there’s a reason to make it harder to get one prize over another? Not sure.

Dr. Zola
    I definitely agree with the variety of difficulty between Legendary Bosses, going off what some of my friends said some are Super Easy/Simple then some like the Agent Venom are oddly Super Stacked by comparison.
    Was 1% of a Random T5CC really worth This Much Protection? 😂
    Use Doom on him.
    Ah yes because Everyone has Doom 😂
    Just a tip. I used him and didn't face as much stress. He Nullifies. Just spam the L1.
    I’m genuinely curious:

Did you need items? Did you do Legendary? What was your team? Did you rely on power management to reduce the number of Sp1s you had to block? Did you rely on heavy to stagger the armor up/unblockable buffs? What was your approach?

Dr. Zola
    I used a couple Revs the first pass but I was in a rush and playing garbage. You can barely get the Heavy off with Tenacity, but the L1 nullifies the Unblockable and other Buffs. Along with Power Control.
    So no White Mags. Who was your second champ?

Dr. Zola
    HT.
    White Mags will let you reliably parry. Guidance.

Dr. Zola
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Question are all the bosses open?
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    Anyone tried storm x yet? Or does he still shrug her off as well?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Anyone tried storm x yet? Or does he still shrug her off as well?

Passive stun is part of it, I think. The other part is dealing with his going unblockable, which probably requires a nullify champ.

But she may be able to do so damage, especially if she can keep him at Sp2 (easy evade) and evade during the unblockable phase.

Dr. Zola
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    I haven’t gone in yet, but seems sorcerer supreme’s kit would work well. Regen on block, plus can keep nullify up w sp1 spam?

Doesn’t Stryfe block unblockable. Him and Apoc?

Does a Guardian not mitigate block damage enough?
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

That can work for some people. In fact, on day two I’d advise anyone struggling to hold off until more people play and find counters. There’s no rush.

But for others who are generally able to do the content, it’s hard to miss the fact that the bosses in Legendary vary widely in difficulty. Maybe there’s a reason to make it harder to get one prize over another? Not sure.

Dr. Zola
    I definitely agree with the variety of difficulty between Legendary Bosses, going off what some of my friends said some are Super Easy/Simple then some like the Agent Venom are oddly Super Stacked by comparison.
    Use Doom on him.
    Just a tip. I used him and didn't face as much stress. He Nullifies. Just spam the L1.
    Yes I too did the same
    Got him down with 6* r2 doom with white mags prefight in 237 hits
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Dr. Zola
    Use Doom on him.
    I’m genuinely curious:

Did you need items? Did you do Legendary? What was your team? Did you rely on power management to reduce the number of Sp1s you had to block? Did you rely on heavy to stagger the armor up/unblockable buffs? What was your approach?

Dr. Zola
    Yes for 1st 2 rounds I too used some items
    Used doom + white mags
    Lot of sp1 spammed to remove armour up and heavy when possible
    It was very very very long boring fight for random 1% t5cc
    But have to do it cuz I'm 3k t5cc mutant fragments away from thronebreaker
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

there are multiple difficulties for a reason... its literally only 3 fights and if you have even 1 r3 6* it should already be a breeze. so whats the big fuss about? the hardest difficulty isnt supposed to be easy for everyone as that would just mean everyone even people with only 3* can run it? some people really need to take a step back and humble yourselves to a lower difficulty so you can handle it better

if kevin can do it, so can you

I don't necessarily disagree with everything you're saying. However, recently expectations have been set differently than they used to be regarding difficulty. Kabam is faced with negative feedback in either scenario. If they make the highest difficulty with more restricted access they will hear: "Hey, I am capable of doing these fights... why am I being excluded based on progression?!" If they offer more open access to the highest difficulty, they will hear: "I am not capable of doing these fights. This is supposed to be tuned for Cav players! Why is it so difficult?!" When in fact, no one ever stated that it was tuned for Cav players... It's just automatically assumed that: "If I have access to this content, it must mean that I should be able to do it." When those of us who have been playing for years know with certainty that this was not always the case. Attitudes of the past in this game were more like: "Lol... Legendary..that sounds hard. I'm not ready for that yet, will come back when my account is stronger and I have more combat experience. Let's smash out Epic and use these rewards to work towards that."

And frankly, that's been the topic of many arguments on this forum of late. And, any of us who dare to suggest that when a quest is titled "Legendary" difficulty, it should be expected to be somewhat difficult will be disagreed into oblivion. This is partially because the definition of "Legendary" has fluctuated a lot. Had it always been difficult, there wouldn't have been any expectations for it to be otherwise. I'm just trying to take a more positive approach though whenever possible. But I do share the philosophy that just because someone has access to something doesn't mean that they should automatically be able to do it easily.
    Aren't side quest supposed to be 5- 10 minutes quickie fights per day?
    Idk, the one I'm doing takes about 3-4? But there's never been any rules announced as to how long they are supposed to take. Just gotta decide if the rewards are worth it for you. I think they are.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Really appreciate the replies though, @hungryhungrybbq @Expertgui @mgj0630 and @D0ctor_S
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    If the knull quest will have only knull in it and rest of the defenders are removed I will be so damn happy
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    BWCV wrecks the venompool quest, just go to poison mode and do sp2, sp3, repeat
  • AnakinIsGoneAnakinIsGone Posts: 217
    KLOR said:

I think this new side quest terrible. There are limited entries and I literally cannot beat Venom on epic difficulty. I have 5* R5 duped CAIW and a 6* R2 Longshot and cannot get 3 buffs on myself so I've now completely wasted one of my entries. Not impressed at all. Not going to waste any more of my time on it that's for sure. Not worth the garbage rewards being offered anyway to be honest.

500 x 6* Shards a day. Garbage? I think not.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

there are multiple difficulties for a reason... its literally only 3 fights and if you have even 1 r3 6* it should already be a breeze. so whats the big fuss about? the hardest difficulty isnt supposed to be easy for everyone as that would just mean everyone even people with only 3* can run it? some people really need to take a step back and humble yourselves to a lower difficulty so you can handle it better

if kevin can do it, so can you

And y'all need to chill with the "jumping to the extremes" when some has Any sort of criticism about the game...

TL;DR This Isn't The Main Event Quest, it's meant to be the Simple Daily Event Resource Build Up Quest to allow you to tackle the Hard+Rewarding Main EQ, it shouldn't be This Champ Specific along with This Tanky with Crazy Chip Damage just to gain access to a Whole Other Quest.

No we don't want it to be so easy it could be run with 3 Stars, what we Would Like is to not have to deal with a Casually +6 Minute Stalling Overly Tanky Boss 24-28 Times (while Locked to 2 Champions) when it's Required to be able to Complete Another Whole Event Quest! (With the Rewards only being an Average 2 Month's Worth not helping, since last Month's were sacrificed to give the "Increase") As well from what I've heard doing a lower Difficulty isn't exactly a good option as you get less Symbioid Resources making the Main EQ more difficult, then of course the lowered Rewards.

This wouldn't be as much of an issue if it was the Main EQ of the month without all the Added steps, but this is meant to be the "Key/Event Resource Build Up Quest" you do Daily to Progress in another Aspect and is usually made Less Difficult to reduce the Monotony as well because the real Difficulty is in the Main EQ because that's what all the Build Up is for...
    you are going off topic here, we are talking about the 2v3 event here. if you are telling me someone cant handle those fights (which you have multiple options for btw) then they really shouldnt be getting the same rewards from the "main" event that has the good resources that the more experienced are able to do....

again there is difficulties to separate player standings. again why should people who cant do simple easy fights be rewarded with the next event that has the TB standard rewards when they are cav or lower? and if they are TB accounts trying to do the event and are struggling then thats tough luck, why would they need to dumb down the event when players progression only increases and not decreases...

if they kept the same mechanics every month for a year in difficult standards the game would be pretty dull, obviously the game breaking every month doesnt help this at all but thats beside the point. the event is easy and thats a fact...
    what people should be complaining about and keep it fresh in kabams face is the game its self not running as expected. once that is fixed the rest follows. i can agree that the bugs make it slightly more difficult but then again kabam is still sending resources for those mistakes...