**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cosmic Eclipse Sym Spidey

Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 167 ★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
What the heck is this fight

So I took in my 6* r1 Venom to counter the evade, no problem. The thing that cost me 4 revives, however, was the 10 block limit; Spidey's sp1 hits 5 times and hits hard, so how do you all counter this? People are saying he's the easiest fight but honestly, I can't do that daily
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Here's how you do it. You need to block the first 2 projectile hits, then dash back and avoid the contact hits.

Once you are at 8 or 9 blocked hits, then don't push him to sp1, block a hit , dex the unblockable hit and repeat the cycle.

If you have a doubt, tag me.
  • King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58

Or just use AA!

AA needs to be duped, right?
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Roblin seems super straight forward with doom. 5* shards are underrated IMO
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    you can dodge the final 3 hits

still if he throws it five times you’ve no choice but to attempt the dex
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Alternatively, you can parry to manipulate the bubble count
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I did AA and moleman. The mole didn’t make it, but AA took care of the rest
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I used nf for a solo, just right after the second web hits dash back. Then once you hit 10 charges dex a medium so that the word unblockable appears and you're good for another 10
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Posted a link to some footage, but I think it has to go through approval first.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Or just use AA!

edited October 2021
    Idk.. I'll try linking again? https://youtu.be/eqvQ_ycteBE
    Kennado said:

Or just use AA!

Yup, that's who I'm using to blast through my runs.

https://youtu.be/5QnsJiU_mww
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Stryfe laughs at his unblockable attempts.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,019 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Would Miles with his new buff on unblockables work here? I haven't seen anyone suggest him yet on any of the multiple threads and was wondering before I bring him in.

Would Miles with his new buff on unblockables work here? I haven't seen anyone suggest him yet on any of the multiple threads and was wondering before I bring him in.

Probably? I don't know enough about his new kit yet tbh.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    My max rank 4* Chi cleans house solo all 3 champs in epic difficulty
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 650 ★★★

@DeaconVelvet
    This is a really good point, it got me think about this boss and the AV as well.

I don't have Styfe, would Mr Sinister have a chance (as he also can stop Unblockable)?

I do understand that Spidy SP hit into block pretty hard too so will have to dex.

@hungryhungrybbq , thank you a great indept explaination with a lot of useful tip. I also don't have AA. Would a Immortal Abom work instead for extra passive damages?

As some people have shown that it is doable, with the right champs, but to do this for 28 days, seem a bit much, especially since it is the only way to fully Rank up Summoner Symbiote Steve. Seem a bit unbalance in my opinion.
    edited October 2021
    Fryday said:

@DeaconVelvet
    This is a really good point, it got me think about this boss and the AV as well.

I don't have Styfe, would Mr Sinister have a chance (as he also can stop Unblockable)?

I do understand that Spidy SP hit into block pretty hard too so will have to dex.

@hungryhungrybbq , thank you a great indept explaination with a lot of useful tip. I also don't have AA. Would a Immortal Abom work instead for extra passive damages?

As some people have shown that it is doable, with the right champs, but to do this for 28 days, seem a bit much, especially since it is the only way to fully Rank up Summoner Symbiote Steve. Seem a bit unbalance in my opinion.
    Sure, no problem. What makes these boss fights difficult (depending on roster and experience level) is they are designed to have multiple things going on, right? It divides your focus in the fight. Focus on one thing too much and the other bites you. 🙂 So anything you can do to limit or remove one of the complications from the fight will make it easier. Like, the evade for example. Remove this from the equation and you can now focus more on the other factors. Like the Bubble Shield, etc.

I don't have iBom, but I don't think he has an anti-evade mechanic. Which is why folks are turning to Venom and such. But, even with a good counter, I'd still recommend utilizing the new practice function. To learn to deal with his SP1. Like in the first footage I posted. That's the practice mode. I will be using this new tool a lot myself.

As for the relative difficulty of these quests... It's not always a popular opinion, but I think it's fights like these that teach us new things and make us better players in the long run. And yeah, for anyone whose roster and/or experience is a little more limited, it's going to be more challenging. But, the combat experience and the rewards to help grow your account are usually worth the effort. And you'll be better prepared for the next challenge that arises.

However, again.. a very unpopular opinion, regardless of what others say. There's nothing wrong with making the decision to do a different difficulty if that's what you decide. This game is to have fun, not a race. If Legendary doesn't feel right yet. But either way.. the event has just started. With practice and/or undiscovered counters in your roster, you may find that it's doable for you. Spend some time each day in practice mode before you go in. Good luck!
  • ReptoidReptoid Posts: 38
    Cable with Apocalyse synergy, Spidey is dead before you reach 10 blocked hits.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    @Sir_Globalot if Bubble Shield is the issue, I suggest you bring along Guardian (any rarity, preferably the highest you have). It makes a big difference.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Do Falcon work ? i don't have AA and my Venom only 5r4
  • Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 167 ★★

@Sir_Globalot if Bubble Shield is the issue, I suggest you bring along Guardian (any rarity, preferably the highest you have). It makes a big difference.

Thank the RNG for my sig 140 5* Guardian then! I've been trying to practice dexing the sp1 but after the first 2 webs, I get locked in the block despite my swiping left :/
  • TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 111
    I used Red Gaurdian bubble shield is no problem but got hit after he evaded and not slowed.. Just 2 hits and I am Dead and was so much over kill
    Afterthat played Slow and job done
  • TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 111
    slacker said:

Do Falcon work ? i don't have AA and my Venom only 5r4

Yes And hits hard As fight goes on
    But careful with LockOn
  • AnakinIsGoneAnakinIsGone Posts: 217
    My 5* Venom (5/65 sig 200), and my 5* Red Magneto (5/65 sig 1) make easy meat of this specific SQ.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
    This is also a fight I am having issues with in terms of revives. I use 6 star r1 Venom, and does take a couple of revives to get him down, which is not sustainable in the long term. I do have archangel at r4, but he is unawakened. Would he still be better than Venom?
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Stick 3 points in Stand Your Ground mastery and use Mole Man. Just make sure you have at least 1 Monster Mass active and say good bye to unblockable hits.